Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestion for reporting posts - page 2. (Read 555 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
March 27, 2020, 06:46:52 AM
If that post has been deleted by moderators, it should be marked as good. I guess those posts have been deleted by the poster.
You can visit modlog to check whether the post has been deleted by moderators or the poster.
If a post is deleted by moderators, it should be listed in modlog. Simply, Ctrl+F and search for ID of the poster.

According to following post made by Halab, if a report is handled and the post is deleted, all other reports for that post are also deleted and they all are marked as good.

I do not know how mods see reports for one post which is reported let's say 20 times?
In this case, we have 20 reports.

Do one handled report for such post solve all other reports?
If the solution is to delete the reported post, yes all 20 reports are deleted.
If the solution is to move a topic, the mod must click 20 times on 'handled' after moving the topic.
If the 20 reports are considered bad, the mod must click on 'bad' 20 times.

According to what Halab said, only if the report is bad, moderators should click on "Bad" for all reports. So, when a report is good, all reports are marked as good automatically.  
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
March 27, 2020, 06:43:25 AM
Isn't multiple reports an matrix of getting the post deleted soon or doesn't it even increase the probability of it being handled ?
It should only take 1 moderator to look at the report and decide if they want to take action or leave the post as is. No reason they would need to see something reprted 25 times to finally decide to delete.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415
March 27, 2020, 06:39:28 AM
Isn't multiple reports an matrix of getting the post deleted soon or doesn't it even increase the probability of it being handled ?
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
March 27, 2020, 06:35:34 AM
I just reported some posts in the services section for a user not deleting old bumps. Within a few minutes those posts were deleted, but I still had 3 or 4 unhandled reports. This got me wondering, if multiple users report the same post will they all get credit for reporting the post? Or does the report stay as unhandled?

My suggestion, if a post is reported then could the report to moderator option be removed from the reported post? This way multiple users are not reporting the same posts as well as moderators do not have to look at the same report over and over. Seems like it would be a better system.
Pages:
Jump to: