Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestion to improve post quality on Bitcointalk - page 3. (Read 2780 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
The use of the ignore function can help in this case.... 

that just got me an idea: maybe ignore count should be public so sig-campaigns can block users with too many ignores.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I am breaking no rules by suggesting something to improve the forum and discussing something that would add value to Bitcoin discussions.

I am also not automatically banned from making a suggestion, if I participate in a signature campaign.
What are you talking about? I have never said that you are breaking any rules by suggesting something. I said that you have not read the rules & guidelines that contain help in regards to opening new threads. This thread should be in meta and I have reported it as well. Nobody said that you were banned from making suggestions either. My suggestion is that we do something in regards to the managers as well.

Edited : Done... No need to bump my post count... I have no need to.  Grin Grin
Yes, updating posts is better than replying sometimes. I do it often as well.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
You can reply to 2 or more posts in one unique reply, you are trying to boost your post count with this 'practice' (maybe I'm wrong). You can move your thread, search 'move topic' it's in the left corner at the bottom of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
abandon signature campaigns to compete for that monthly prize.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You're saying this and you are yourself wearing the signature.

But I don't think that the "Best Forum Poster, without a signature" would really help./ Considering the number of active people on the forum, the odds will be significantly less and this will not stop from spammers spamming the forum.
But i think we should start making a "Blacklist" for the people who spam the thread from now onwards. And the members on the blacklist shouldn't be allowed to join any sig campaigns. What do you think?
  Smiley

*Edited

I have no problems with signature campaigns and with people who participate in them. There are lots of people who participate in signature campaigns, who still post

constructively and still add value to the forum. I am just thinking of possible solutions to improve the overall experience for everyone, not just the signature posters.

So let's not debate the fact that people participate in signature campaigns, because that add lots of value too. Let's see if this suggestion could solve one problem for a

group of people, who has a problem with non-constructive posting.  

I think this is a stupid idea (not an offense to you). I have reported the thread because it is in the wrong section, however ... the problem is not only the signature campaigns but also all the users who enroll and participating to gain few btc.

It's fine, I do not get easily offended. At least I am trying to improve something for people who has a problem with this. And I can bet you, none of them will be willing to fund

this effort, they will only complain and ignore people. Let's see if I am wrong.  Wink The mods can decide if this is in the wrong thread.. if it is, please feel free to move it.  Grin

Ignoring people is not the best solution. There are people on here, who participate in signature campaigns with valid questions and suggestions, and they are simply ignored

because they decided to join a signature campaign. Let's find some real solutions for this problem.. feel free to add your own suggestion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Best forum poster, without a signature" prize pot.
I would say that is quite ironic because of two things:
1) You have not read the forum rules and guidelines (thread is in the wrong section);
2) You have a signature yourself.

While your intentions might be pure, and I agree that there is a problem, this is not how to proceed. Obviously just banning signature participants will not help as they keep coming back after the ban or via a new account. I'd propose that someone makes guidelines for the people that want to make a signature campaign. If the manager lets people that post very useless posts, then he should be punished as well. A cooperation between the staff and managers should possibly fix this problem. Regardless of this, there are some pretty good posters (rare, but there are) with a signature.

There are too many one liner signature posting, that add no value to the discussions or are merely a repeat post of a previous posting.
Signature campaign participants (the bad king) especially love threads that involve drama where they can 'stay on topic' easily while bumping their post count.

I am breaking no rules by suggesting something to improve the forum and discussing something that would add value to Bitcoin discussions.

I am also not automatically banned from making a suggestion, if I participate in a signature campaign.

Edited : Done... No need to bump my post count... I have no need to.  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I think this is a stupid idea (not an offense to you). I have reported the thread because it is in the wrong section, however ... the problem is not only the signature campaigns but also all the users who enroll and participating to gain few btc.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
"Best forum poster, without a signature" prize pot.
I would say that is quite ironic because of two things:
1) You have not read the forum rules and guidelines (thread is in the wrong section);
2) You have a signature yourself.

While your intentions might be pure, and I agree that there is a problem, this is not how to proceed. Obviously just banning signature participants will not help as they keep coming back after the ban or via a new account. I'd propose that someone makes guidelines for the people that want to make a signature campaign. If the manager lets people that post very useless posts, then he should be punished as well. A cooperation between the staff and managers should possibly fix this problem. Regardless of this, there are some pretty good posters (rare, but there are) with a signature.

There are too many one liner signature posting, that add no value to the discussions or are merely a repeat post of a previous posting.
Signature campaign participants (the bad king) especially love threads that involve drama where they can 'stay on topic' easily while bumping their post count.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
abandon signature campaigns to compete for that monthly prize.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You're saying this and you are yourself wearing the signature.

But I don't think that the "Best Forum Poster, without a signature" would really help./ Considering the number of active people on the forum, the odds will be significantly less and this will not stop from spammers spamming the forum.
But i think we should start making a "Blacklist" for the people who spam the thread from now onwards. And the members on the blacklist shouldn't be allowed to join any sig campaigns. What do you think?
  Smiley

*Edited
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I have seen a few older members complaining about the quality of posting declining and also a movement to ignore signature posters. I do not agree with some of them, but I

also feel something must be done to improve the quality of the posting. There are too many one liner signature posting, that add no value to the discussions or are merely a

repeat post of a previous posting.

I have a suggestion for the people that feel strongly about this matter and want to do something constructive to improve this matter on the forum.

Why not fund a monthly prize pool from these members and the forum, towards a "Best forum poster, without a signature" prize pot. If the incentive is big enough, people will

abandon signature campaigns to compete for that monthly prize. They will also have to make sure that they post constructively or they will not win the prize.  Wink

So let's discuss this, and see how strong people feel about this.  Roll Eyes The forum members funding the prize pot, will also be the judges for the final decision on who will receive

the prize.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: