Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestion/Discussion: Create different levels of DefaultTrust - page 2. (Read 529 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
I like this, however I'd probably remove the DT5 requirement. Don't see it to hold any merit in terms of how your judgement would be at this forum if you have x amount of BTC (I've spoken to idiot whales and super smart shrimps).

EDIT; Perhaps x amount of activity could warrant a low position in DT? I see that it could be abused but not as easily as some of the other ones. Just thinking out loud.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
(Originally posted here)

I think the trust system does way more harm to the community than good, it should be removed IMO.
~snip~
~In my opinion, the only way to move forward with this current trust model is to completely remove negative trust~
The suggestion that only traders should be on DT had me thinking: why not create different levels of DefaultTrust, and force users to choose one (or more!) of those?
The way things are going, I don't think more than a few percent of active users will ever set a custom Trust list, and the majority wouldn't know what to choose anyway.
DefaultTrust could be expanded by for instance the following levels:
DefaultTrust0: back to the way things were before January 09: theymos hand-picks DT1 members.
DefaultTrust1: the current system.
DefaultTrust2: only experienced traders on DT1 (how to select them would be up for discussion).
DefaultTrust3: only Admins, Global Moderators and >2 years Staff Members.
DefaultTrust4: only active scambusters.
DefaultTrust5: any user that can sign a message from an address >1000 Bitcoin, signature valid 12 months.
DefaultTrust6: ...........

Details can of course be changed (I just made most of this up), but I'm hoping this can be a system that satisfies the majority of users, while allowing new users to make an informed decision.
It can be implemented like theymos' April Fools' Day KYC: a big warning above all pages, and it only disappears once the user has made a choice. On top of this, every user can still st their own Trust list.
Pages:
Jump to: