Pages:
Author

Topic: [Suggestion]To draw more attention to the rules! - page 2. (Read 610 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
If it would be seen on the Bitcointalk which accounts were banned with indicating the points of the rules that were violated then in my opinion even the laziest users and spammers would be interested to read the forum rules.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Not a bad suggestion at all, but the pessimist ghost that lives between my ears is telling me that our chronic shitposting/spamming/plagiarizing population is just going to ignore it, just like they fail to read everything else that might keep them from getting banned or put on ignore lists.

Judging by the way many of them post, they don't even read much of the other posts in the threads they are posting in. I'm not even certain if they even read and comprehend the posts that they proceed to plagiarize.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Good suggestion. Although just as most individuals don't read terms and conditions of exchange and other sites before clicking the accept button even when the sites makes it visible enough, so will be the case on forum but with the implementation of your suggestion, defaulters who are caught won't have an excuse of "the rules not been clear enough". So I love the suggestion.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Social studies have shown that flashing red and blue colors are the best way to draw attention.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
But how many users actually break the rules unknowingly?

Take a Look here at  https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php and you see self how many !

@The Pharmacist

Yeah i know that the Spam and Shitposting Army would be continue.
But as you said too maybe we can bring the Rules more to a small number of new members and it can be a hint for existing ones too!
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.

1. Create a Forum Rules Button on the Top Buttons Bar and when you click on it you get to the Forum Rules.

I think it is time for Theymos to write the "Official" rules and create the button in top as you suggested.

Just my thinking , "Unofficial" word in rules does not sound great.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Not a bad suggestion at all, but the pessimist ghost that lives between my ears is telling me that our chronic shitposting/spamming/plagiarizing population is just going to ignore it, just like they fail to read everything else that might keep them from getting banned or put on ignore lists.

The rules need to be updated IMO, particularly with respect to plagiarism--what constitutes plagiarism and what doesn't, and I suggested this in another thread.  There also needs to be more enforcement of certain rules, like not making zero-value posts, not making consecutive posts, and not necrobumping threads.  I think if those improvements would require more staff members, Theymos ought to hire some.  Flying Hellfish is doing a bangup job in P&S, and I think we need more mods like him in sections like Bitcoin Discussion and Economics.  I'm not disparaging the current mods of those sections, because I know it's got to be a crazy job, but I think some help is required.

But back to what OP suggested, making the rules more visible would certainly be a good thing.  It might help at least a small number of new members who will actually take the time to read the rules.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Future of Security Tokens
A different colour text would sure draw attention to a text as it tends to stick out from the rest.

But how many users actually break the rules unknowingly? The basic rules are generally accepted code of conducts and is frowned upon in any community or forum.
Highlighting it won't compel others to actually read it through if they do click in it, and it won't stop those who try regularly to cheat the system, but it can help the well meaning users who might be ignorant of ne rule or the other.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
This is obviously a welcome suggestion,it may actually not be changing much because the rules are there for all to see..
But creating a separate button for rules will happen to be more catchy and easily accessible to new users on the forum..
And more so highlighting them in a different color Makes it stand out, and enforces the fact that that thread ought to be read...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
~

Here is a link to the image in Imgur :
https://i.imgur.com/bb5M31M.jpg

Edit : the image is working now, I got an error the first time.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
This is just an Idea and a Suggestion and note for new and existing users about the Forum Rules.

Maybe it is more helpful for New Users and they can see the Rules earlyer this way.

Also, existing users may often be reminded of the rules.

My Suggestion:

1. Create a Forum Rules Button on the Top Buttons Bar and when you click on it you get to the Forum Rules.

2. Since usually in every subforum the rules are pinned, one could highlight the font in color so that the thread becomes more attentive to the rules.

This can be maybe looking like this :

This should actually be easy to integrate into the system and the page!

If you have any more ideas about it or others to bring the Rules more visible to Users feel free to post it !

Its just an Suggestion.

Regards Lafu
Pages:
Jump to: