Pages:
Author

Topic: SushiSwap founder returns money and ask for forgiveness 😢 - page 4. (Read 813 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69

sushi is like $2.70 are we good to dive into it right now then?  13% green right after his tweet.

this is the first of the kind that we are witnessing so he must want to project to proceed and on with the bullrun to happen. something must have made him change his mind not just jail time. maybe he realized he could get more than what he had right now if he waited for the next few more months after BTC hit ATH.
We don't know what his plan and how sincere he is in apologising but I hope he is really sincere. There will be a need for lockup, the longer the better  to avoid him doing these again since it can happen again once the money reach higher value.

Founders should not be dazzled by money to improve their project more and just be contended that many supports his idea. If I'm a founder I should think for long term progress of the project and how it can be keep in the volatile market where not all coins were able to be noticed. I hope he realize it thatt they were lucky enough to be noticed that's why he return the money.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1359
I think he got spooked. He obviously did not expect so much attention or he thought he would be able to disguise his actions in some way.
It took him a while to realize that the cat was out of the bag and that it wouldn't end well for him.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
~

Apart from the fact that I have never trusted, and probably never will trust, the whole Defi- Circus, I find it a little bit amusing...
So for me, the so named Nomi, would definitely have lost all reputation and trustworthiness irretrievably!

Imagine that he just does that, because he realized, there is much more money to be made.
The potential of Defi is supposed to advance to undreamt of dimensions, they say...
Why only $14 Million dollar instead of for example $140 Million?
Scams like Onecoin have even managed to reach several billion dollar without any real blockchain...
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

sushi is like $2.70 are we good to dive into it right now then?  13% green right after his tweet.

this is the first of the kind that we are witnessing so he must want to project to proceed and on with the bullrun to happen. something must have made him change his mind not just jail time. maybe he realized he could get more than what he had right now if he waited for the next few more months after BTC hit ATH.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
we need public statement from the team on some of the claim on his return to the project, they need to acknowledgement of fund reception. Obviously he should never be in a role in disposal of fund. I also expect the team to put some of the fund into buy back of coin to help hoarding the coin. The fund at the moment is not in the project and it is easy to divert for personal use
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Exit scam canceled? He probably afraid of being put in jail for the rest of his life. Not sure if "I am sorry" would be enough and free him from problems that might arise.
I think it's canceled, I think the founder is not confident with the scam attempt he did and just ask for forgiveness. But it's really good he comes up with the decision to give back the investments, This occurrence is rare tho.

Ofcourse some investors wouldn't be satisfied just by apologizing, I agree that this can cause a new problem but it won't be fatal as it supposed to be.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
He became a world wide sensations because of his exit scam and that spooked him to come out and apologize to everyone or CZ who took the heat for the event by allowing these scams happen in binance and CZ is settling with him to come out and do these things and he will compensate to make him look good and for his exchange. The founder is still anonymous to the general public and there is no way he would come out unless there is something going on in the background.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Exit scam canceled? He probably afraid of being put in jail for the rest of his life. Not sure if "I am sorry" would be enough and free him from problems that might arise.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
If only more people had that attitude.

For most people saying sorry is the most difficult thing in the world.

Even if he now makes much less money from it it will be clean and honestly earned money.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I think this guy has redeemed his image, to be sincere not everyone can afford to do what he did, $14 million is a huge money to refund because this is life changing money, for him to come and admit he is wrong to me is a great feat, I just hope the community will welcome him backa nd let the buy-gone be buy-gone. Now the project can move forward
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
https://twitter.com/NomiChef/status/1304442495342796800

To everyone. I fucked up. And I am sorry.
$SUSHI migration went successfully and the journey of @SushiSwap began. I was fortunate to have a chance to help in the background and it was a very enjoyable moment in my life. Congrats for the successful migration!
I would like to apologize to everyone who I have caused troubles to. I was emotional, I was greedy, I was afraid. I made bad controversial decisions under pressure. And it hurt everyone. I failed your expectation and I am sorry.
@0xMaki @zippoxer @Sushi__ninja The early believers in the project. Thank you for joining the journey with me early. And sorry if I made you feel betrayed. I really appreciated your help bootstrap the project and push it forward.
@lawmaster @scott_lew_is @danielque @tomhschmidt @rleshner and other Crypto OGs. @DegenSpartan @mewn21 @intocryptoast and other degen friends. I failed your expectation. I am sorry.
@AndreCronjeTech Thank you for helping with some ideas and code. And very sorry for bringing a bad reputation to the DeFi movement.
@binance @cz_binance @nomorebear I am sorry that I may have caused you trouble. @haydenzadams @brendan_dharma sorry for being cocky. You guys are awesome builders.
Most importantly @SBF_Alameda. Thank you for your help getting SushiSwap back when I almost destroyed it. Same goes for other signers @AdamScochran @mickhagen @cmsholdings @sinoglobalcap
And there are probably hundreds of other people that I did not mention here, but well deserve an apology from me.
I have returned all the $14M worth of ETH back to the treasury. And I will let the community decide how much I deserve as the original creator of SushiSwap. In any currency (ETH/SUSHI/etc). With any lockup schedule you wish.
I will continue to participate in the discussion and technical implementation of SushiSwap in the background. But I will not have any control. Will not take any spotlight. Will not be part of the governance.
I hope that SushiSwap continues to evolve. Don't let my mistake deter it from being a 100% community-run AMM. The success of SushiSwap will set a precedent for many more community-run projects.
It has a lot of potential, don’t let my action alone fuck it up.
Pages:
Jump to: