Pages:
Author

Topic: Sustainable living?! - page 3. (Read 1059 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 30, 2017, 09:27:29 PM
I think it's a matter of being contented and living standards. I believe this one depends on how a person define sustainability in the first place. Your standars might suit him/hers. I think we should come up in a standard where all of the people agree that it's a sustainable life in order for the discussion interesting.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
September 30, 2017, 05:44:16 PM
Your arguments are good, but it´s not the sustainable living i mean!!
I was thinking about take care of nature, saving resources, climate change and so on...
Not to live that you kids have a good life too, to life that the next generations in general have it

The word choices might be confusing people that are not from a more environmental background, I read it as excitement for a guaranteed income, which is becoming more popular around the world as a idea to prosper.

I think War will alter the excitement you have for the future but I will bite and think about this issue.

The concept of a better world is really something that I think is not going to play out and the mold of it changes with each generation.
People are going to start dying from not being able to move out of areas that are now starting to be hit my severe weather changes and that alone will cause issues with how we navigate the political minefield.

Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
September 30, 2017, 05:34:58 PM
I was thinking about take care of nature, saving resources, climate change and so on...
Not to live that you kids have a good life too, to life that the next generations in general have it

The key, I believe, is try to make as little change as possible to the planet, whatever that change should be. So a closed ecosystem is the best option and it fits with our aspirations to leave on other planets as well.

We could live underground and not cut down forests for no reason, let along farming and wood. We should try to develop underground farming to a higher level. Use heat from the core of the planet or from solar panels in the desert to generate electricity that we use for artificial light in our underground farms.
Unlike some people, I actually believe that less organic and natural way of life is the best option for the planet. We should use GMOs to make underground farming more efficient and live our life with our inventions and interfere with nature as little as possible and let it run it's natural course without us.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 03:15:26 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 08:58:04 AM
I think what is best for the next generation is to teach them how to handle their money. You can save billions for them but if they dont know how to handle their money and just keep on spending, then that wealth wont last long.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
September 30, 2017, 07:45:02 AM
Hi guys!!

I would be interested in how you think about sustainable living? There are many discussions about how to make big money, invest good and so on, but is it a big point for you to live that the next 1, 2, 3, 100 generations can have a good and stable life too?
And how important is this point for politicans and others?

I am excited Smiley
First, you need to have the mindset of a rich person. This way you'll think rich and act rich. Ofcourse, you'll need to do tons of research on investment. Be smart and be wise. As early as now we should start investing for our future so as to extend our "royalties" up to the next generations. Politicians will be politicians...They will do anything to benefit from anything they can get their hands on.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
September 30, 2017, 07:23:26 AM
I guess you are talking about living off your investment income? Starting early in life is key, with the help of compounding interest it can be easy to save for retirement if you are consistent. The best investment (risk vs reward) for most people would be investing in a stock market index fund, but it is best not to keep all your eggs in one basket. You have to get to millionaire status if you really want to live off the yearly interest alone
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 05:28:25 AM
Hi guys!!

I would be interested in how you think about sustainable living? There are many discussions about how to make big money, invest good and so on, but is it a big point for you to live that the next 1, 2, 3, 100 generations can have a good and stable life too?
And how important is this point for politicans and others?

I am excited Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: