Pages:
Author

Topic: Swapping useless ERC20 Tokens - page 2. (Read 424 times)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
June 15, 2019, 02:39:50 AM
You cannot do that, for example, you have a useless token / coin and it will also remain in your wallet list. in addition, if your coins are obtained through a fraud project, it will be very difficult to exchange them because no one will be interested in dead coins / useless coins.

it depends on your definition of dead/useless coins  . some will say those terms even if the coin do still have a value but its value is not improving while others will define a useless coin if its not listed or does not have any market value , this coin are the ones that cant be swap/trade while those coins that have at least some small value are the ones that can still be swap or sell  , i dont consider these coins useless at all  .
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
June 15, 2019, 02:34:59 AM
You cannot do that, for example, you have a useless token / coin and it will also remain in your wallet list. in addition, if your coins are obtained through a fraud project, it will be very difficult to exchange them because no one will be interested in dead coins / useless coins.
Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
June 15, 2019, 02:07:20 AM
Forget about these tokens, but do not lose hope. Once I opened my second wallet, which stores my useless tokens, and found that 1 of the coins cost $150.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
June 15, 2019, 01:27:21 AM
We can do nothing about discontinued projects or scam projects if you are talking about booking them for scamming people. Now the market is experiencing scamming and it is running openly. So how it can be dealt with is regulation. Our part is just to expose scam projects through various social media and make people aware. 

Many ERC20 in my wallet are useless because the not active anymore. Nothing we can do with this useless token because if we burn it, we should use gas to send it. I am prefer let it useless in my wallet
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
June 15, 2019, 12:23:25 AM
You can always burn your useless ERC20 tokens, if their presence in the wallet is annoying.
Just send them to address: 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dead
Activity: 560
June 15, 2019, 12:11:48 AM
We can do nothing about discontinued projects or scam projects if you are talking about booking them for scamming people. Now the market is experiencing scamming and it is running openly. So how it can be dealt with is regulation. Our part is just to expose scam projects through various social media and make people aware. 
Activity: 193
Merit: 3
June 15, 2019, 12:05:30 AM
as far as I know it can't be done. and the erc20 token that you have or may not be useful because it doesn't have a price, of course it will remain forever even though written spam will also remain in your wallet.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
June 14, 2019, 11:58:19 PM
I can relate on this.  I have bunch of worthless token on my stash, some were from bounty and some from an exchange where it loses its value overtime until it was delisted.  
That's what happens when the token doesn't really worth something. Once the exchange finds out that there's no actual volume for that token, they will dispose it.

I think there is none but just lay it there, if your garbage token is too many I would follow what eagleman said, create another erc20 address for your valuable token.
There's no other choice unless Vitalik will do something for this.

I guess OP means selling them but obviously they're worthless is the project was discontinued or scam.
If he just wants to get rid of the tokens he can also just send them to another address but for me that wouldn't be worth the effort and tx-fee.
Selling them is useless, no market, no value, no buyer. Sending it to another wallet address is also a choice for him but I wouldn't spend gas with that.

Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
June 14, 2019, 10:39:24 PM
The only thing you can do is create a new wallet and separate the tokens that are valuable in your opinion from the useless ones. You cannot delete tokens from the wallet, just transfer.

Well, many contracts even got a burn-function so you could indeed "delete" those tokens but there's no advantage over just transferring them to another wallet.

Offer them in sites like these and head to Switchdex.ag add said coin and just link it so anyone can match the trade! Bunch of people just like to collect weird tokens and even better discontinued ones, don't give up you can still trade it for profit!

While it's kind of the buyer's own fault if he's buying useless tokens, I'd still call it asocial behavior selling useless crap to other people.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
June 14, 2019, 05:32:51 PM
Offer them in sites like these and head to Switchdex.ag add said coin and just link it so anyone can match the trade! Bunch of people just like to collect weird tokens and even better discontinued ones, don't give up you can still trade it for profit!
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
June 14, 2019, 05:22:49 PM
The only thing you can do is create a new wallet and separate the tokens that are valuable in your opinion from the useless ones. You cannot delete tokens from the wallet, just transfer.
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
June 14, 2019, 04:55:54 PM
You can swap them to better alts with better future instead of just holding the useless token and have a rest of mind , this is why bounty hunters do dump new alts to old and better ones cos no one can tell where it will be in view weeks or months .

Usually scam-tokens aren't listed on any exchange so you'd have to sell them on an (decentralized) exchange like forkdelta that doesn't require a listing in order to trade.
However obviously it's not very likely that someone will buy useless tokens issues by a discontinued/scam project.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
June 14, 2019, 03:24:41 PM
Is there anything one can do with useless ERC20 Tokens? For example, a discontinued project or a bunch of scam developers.
Wake up every morning and be staring at it, there is no meaningful thing you can do with it, no more developer the token is useless.
If you are going to be feeling bad seeing it in your wallet, send it back to the scam token smart contract.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
June 14, 2019, 12:31:12 PM
You can swap them to better alts with better future instead of just holding the useless token and have a rest of mind , this is why bounty hunters do dump new alts to old and better ones cos no one can tell where it will be in view weeks or months .
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
June 14, 2019, 11:53:19 AM
Is there anything one can do with useless ERC20 Tokens? For example, a discontinued project or a bunch of scam developers.
The easiest option is to forget about them forever.  Or, as you are advised, transfer them to a new wallet, if they bother you.  I also have a lot of useless stuff, but I'm just not paying attention to it.  I transfer promising coins to my main wallet and keep it there until better times.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
June 14, 2019, 11:51:12 AM
Unfortunately, you cannot do anything for your useless token. I also have many of them and only can keep in my wallet. If swapping useless token feature is there in crypto world I guess we have to swap all.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
June 14, 2019, 11:47:32 AM

A useless token cannot be swapped for anything because it is useless. Dont give yourself any stress over those tokens because they are useless and I doubt if they will be exchanged for anything in the future.
Activity: 658
June 14, 2019, 11:45:39 AM
Fraud is really a game that is very often present in roles that are run by several groups, so the tokens that have a price on the ERC20 will be easy to run or be played by other parties just to be used as a useful project
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
June 14, 2019, 11:24:58 AM

Nothing that you can do but leave it on your wallet. I do have some in my wallet which I got from an airdrop but they were worthless.  there is nothing to swap for these tokens, its all there.  I could create another ETHer wallet but then again I would have to send few of my ETH to that new wallet again for its gas.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
June 14, 2019, 11:04:09 AM

You are not the only one I have three wallets full of shitcoins and useless tokens, but I just let them in my wallet sometimes for unknown reason they get pumped I checked my wallets on ethplorer and sometimes these useless coins show some price all I got to do is trace where they are traded.
Pages:
Jump to: