Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1672. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
September 13, 2013, 11:13:37 PM
Am I in the right thread here? ButterflyLabs discussion now?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 13, 2013, 11:04:17 PM
if you don't mind me asking, how much do butterfly chips cost in bulk? And then how much is it going to cost to have them mounted to circuit boards and get all of the peripheral hardware and gear necessary to get them running?

Chips are $50 apiece if purchased with chip credits.  Looks like 8 chip assembled boards including cost of chips will run between $650 and $750 each.  So ~$700 for 32GH/s.
I feel for you, maybe you can sell them on EBay as "Fabulous" Jewelery
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 13, 2013, 10:45:40 PM
if you don't mind me asking, how much do butterfly chips cost in bulk? And then how much is it going to cost to have them mounted to circuit boards and get all of the peripheral hardware and gear necessary to get them running?

Chips are $50 apiece if purchased with chip credits.  Looks like 8 chip assembled boards including cost of chips will run between $650 and $750 each.  So ~$700 for 32GH/s.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
September 13, 2013, 10:44:49 PM
there is to many out of topic on this thread...Cheesy
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 13, 2013, 10:23:14 PM
I find it hard to believe that people still quote josh except in mirth...even his name means a joke.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/josh 
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 13, 2013, 10:07:28 PM
Would it surprise you if BFL changes the terms again?  It reminds me of this scene:

Lando: This was never part of our agreement.
Darth Vader: *pointing his index finger at Lando* I have altered the deal pray I do not alter it any further.

There is on major difference between BFL chips and BFL rigs.  BFL doesn't have all the money for the chips.  It was only 50% upfront.  If they ship too late it is possible customers will simply not pay.   There is a point where for a customer it is better to accept a partial loss then pay more and lose triple.  If the chips ship before the rigs what are the rig customers going to do?  Not pay?  Demand a refund?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 13, 2013, 09:14:01 PM
Thought no chips were to go out until after the backlog was cleared.

...unless you offer champagne.

BFL has a financial incentive to ship chips with a balance due on delivery.

Exactly right.  I'm anxious to see what they do.

If they ship chips before clearing the backlog, I fear Josh may be set adrift in a rowboat and all his breadfruit plants thrown overboard.
What has shipping chips got to do with clearing the backlog? Absolutely nothing, the production line is not involved.

Their posted position on taking ASIC orders was that they would not ship any bulk chips until the backlog was cleared. 

They said that they would not be selling chips that could compete with pre-orders so all pre-orders would first be shipped.  It is extremely unlikely their pre-order backlog will be shipped by 9/19 of this year. 

Perhaps they're setting the stage to renege on that at the same time signaling they have no intention of a cessation of shipping for some months as KnC has indicated would so as to protect KnC's customers. 

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 13, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

If they ship chips before clearing the backlog, I fear Josh may be set adrift in a rowboat and all his breadfruit plants thrown overboard.
What has shipping chips got to do with clearing the backlog? Absolutely nothing, the production line is not involved.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 13, 2013, 08:12:11 PM

Activity: 91
September 13, 2013, 08:11:05 PM
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 13, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 13, 2013, 07:53:14 PM
If everyone who spent a dime on BFL never seen this thread it wouldn't be past 30 pages
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 13, 2013, 07:45:06 PM
looking at thegenesisblock i did some math and things are looking grim..wanted to know what you guys think about it.

Given facts:
- With an initial mining date of October
- Difficulty ~140 mil (now 110 + 30% over the next week)
- 1 Jupiter @ 400 MH/s
- BTC@140$

Results. This scenario with an increase of 77% until march next year will not break even!
Considering that in October we will most likely see 40-50%/11day increase since KNC is shipping, November and December mark the months of newcomers such as (CoinTerra and HashFEst)
The likelihood that the difficulty will taper off until march 2014 is next to 0.

Maybe i`m not seeing all the sides of the cube, but it is not looking good.
With BTC @ 180$ will have profited ~400$

My advice... pay no attention to The Genesis Block.  ASFAIC, the calculations are busted.  At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night.  Wink
Activity: 602
September 13, 2013, 07:40:33 PM

...or bj(s)
Activity: 824
Merit: 712
September 13, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 13, 2013, 07:34:12 PM
Activity: 94
September 13, 2013, 07:15:22 PM
You can celebrate when your got the package at home, until then.. that date doesnt mean much Smiley

+1

Gonna have to agree there, I've gotten assurance emails from them before.  Since august of last year.  still no product in hand. Smiley
Activity: 602
September 13, 2013, 07:09:23 PM
I ordered 100 chips from BFL and 3 Jupiters from KnC at about the same time in June.  I told Josh I would buy him a bottle of champagne if I got the chips before KnC delivered. BFL just notified me the chips will be delivered on schedule 9/19/13. Come on KnC!!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-7.html#post57510

You can celebrate when your got the package at home, until then.. that date doesnt mean much Smiley

And yes.. i have 150GHs butterfly hardware that most likely will not be arriving in september. I have such love for ButtLab
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 13, 2013, 06:57:45 PM
I ordered 100 chips from BFL and 3 Jupiters from KnC at about the same time in June.  I told Josh I would buy him a bottle of champagne if I got the chips before KnC delivered. BFL just notified me the chips will be delivered on schedule 9/19/13. Come on KnC!!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3146976
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-7.html#post57510

Activity: 91
September 13, 2013, 06:18:13 PM
You sir, have discovered wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax
Jump to: