Pages:
Author

Topic: System for Armory upgrade - page 2. (Read 1181 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 15
June 25, 2017, 02:07:22 AM
I've been using armory 4+ years, its the only bitcoin wallet I've used.  I guess I'm a noob since I also can't seem to ever get 95.1 and up to run without errors.  Thankfully i've always been able to down grade core delete database and reinstall 94.1.  It's not great, but it works reliably by running bitcoin core 13.2 then once it's sync I launch Armory 94.1.  I usually shut down Armory after I see 1 conformation on the block explorer, then after 6 I relaunch Armory and everything is shown current as it should be.

My question is what are the most important factors for a system to handle 95.1 and up upgrades which i'll be forced to do August 1 or earlier?

I'm not a gamer so basically I am looking to build a magic interweb box primarily to handle my wallet. I am going to go with an am4 platform.  Would more cpu cores be most beneficial or higher clock speeds.  I'm not opposed to overclocking to gain performance.  How about ram go with 16gb or 32 gb.  I am running a FX 6core @ 3.5 Ghz with 16gb 4x4 ram now and it really taxes the system every time I attempt going to 95.1 and up only to end up with many of the error/corrupt messages I see others complain about.  I get frustrated with and just default back to 94.1 and 13.2 and wait for next build to try again.  I could run just Armory and let armory run bitcoind in the background, but right now it is far quicker and greatly more stable syncing core before running Armory.  I would like to just click my armory icon like I used to and hope a new system will allow that.

I am also wondering how long a 500gb SSD will last with bigger blocks. 

in a nutshell I am looking for advisement with system components that will give me the highest percentage of success running current Armory.

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: