Pages:
Author

Topic: Szabo just tweeted this - page 3. (Read 3978 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
August 21, 2015, 01:01:06 AM
He has never publicly signed anything.. so you will never EVER see a signed msg from him! why can't people get that though their head?
What about this? This says its Satoshi Nakamoto's PGP Key.
https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/commit/19e0c74df2162d4510db5df9e50d5ac53b38c498
oh wow.. this is new to me
Yeah, it comes from the bitcoin.org Github, so it seems somewhat creditable.
I don't actually know where it originally came from though.
Maybe from an early Bitcoin release, like v 0.1.0, or something.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
August 21, 2015, 12:56:02 AM
He has never publicly signed anything.. so you will never EVER see a signed msg from him! why can't people get that though their head?
https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/commit/19e0c74df2162d4510db5df9e50d5ac53b38c498

oh wow.. this is new to me
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 21, 2015, 12:55:43 AM
It's like Szabo doesn't have any clue on how XT is being implemented. Which I think is very weird.

I'm not sure if you actually read the whole thing.

The attack goes as follows: If blocks were allowed to be ‘too big’ (big enough to add plausible delays to propagate to all nodes) then a miner would be incentivized to stuff the block they are mining full of txns that pay himself (or a cohort), up to the allowable block limit.

I mean come on.

tl;dr Szabo is afraid of the free market having a choice. Well guess what, it happens now and will happen countless of time in the future.

Is this the next trick to hunt the price down so rich hands can buy cheaper bitcoins?
legendary
August 21, 2015, 12:54:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
August 21, 2015, 12:53:45 AM
August 21, 2015, 12:52:45 AM
I have seen some interesting treads somewhere. Comparing Satoshi emails and white paper to the writing styles of other big names in the community's writing styles. I would be interested to see if the newest email matched simmarly to some of his older stuff.

Doublespace after periods. Check.
British spelling.. check!

but those things can be faked of course.
August 21, 2015, 12:51:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
August 21, 2015, 12:44:08 AM
I have seen some interesting treads somewhere. Comparing Satoshi emails and white paper to the writing styles of other big names in the community's writing styles. I would be interested to see if the newest email matched simmarly to some of his older stuff.
legendary
--------------->¿?
August 21, 2015, 12:42:27 AM
August 21, 2015, 12:41:23 AM
legendary
--------------->¿?
August 21, 2015, 12:37:22 AM
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
August 21, 2015, 12:33:38 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT
August 21, 2015, 12:22:36 AM
Did he even mention how transaction fees increase when a backlog happens?

Yes.

And more besides.

See paragraph four, titled 'The block limit debate in a Nutshell'

http://wallstreettechnologist.com/2015/08/19/bitcoin-xt-vs-core-blocksize-limit-the-schism-that-divides-us-all/
legendary
August 21, 2015, 12:17:32 AM
It's a fallacy to think that bitcoin will centralized to the point it will be controllable by a single entity just because it scales. I mean, how can it be more centralized than having 8 mining pools providing 75% of the total hashrate?

Do you think internet is decentralized? Because it is and does anybody have the capacity to run an ISP? No. Only big companies does but noone controls the internet.

My point is, if it truly becomes the system of our dreams, where everyone uses it for everything,
wouldn't the government co-op it under National Security interests and mandate total control in ways unknowable now?

I'm not concerned about non-governmental centralization, only the centralization that can effect an individuals rights.

The internet is not controlled by anyone, but it can be shut off in many countries during emergencies or "other", including the USA.

Which government will control bitcoin? US? China? Russia? France?
Well it all comes down to, who wants the most economic control?
If you can control this system (when it or if it becomes full mainstream), you can control the world, ultimately.
A new era of economic control over humanity can come into existence, if governments take actual control to the system.

I assume the USA would attempt control, China Gov doesn't really trust or understand it, or pretend they don't.
There may be mandated Government Transfer Nodes that all nodes must pass tx through, in the USA, I don't know.
If your Node or company Node does not pass the data, that Node is considered illegal and will be raided under new laws.

I see it like this... Coinbase, Bitpay, all those companies must conform to regulations and laws within their respective countries.
They are based on bitcoin and sell/trade/etc bitcoin, but they must conform to the laws.
But Bitcoin/bitcoin is outside all of that, currently. It can not conform nor be controlled in its current state.

We can not allow Bitcoin/bitcoin to be regulated or changed to allow it to be conformed into a normal company and be governed by laws.

And I ask again, Is it really possible to have our cake and eat it too? I don't know, I have no technical background.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT
August 21, 2015, 12:11:47 AM
Terrible article, shows no knowledge or understanding of the blocksize debate. I bet they just parsed the panic inducing articles from yesterday and used that as their research. I wonder if this person even uses bitcoin.

Huh

Say what?

That's the most definitive article/writing I've ever read on the block size debate, bar nothing.
legendary
--------------->¿?
August 21, 2015, 12:01:23 AM
This is basically it right here:

[XT Supporters] believe that Bitcoin should be able to handle all the transactions on planet earth, from everyone’s daily coffee purchase, to everyone’s house purchase, to how Google cars should be paid for their services.  On the other hand, you have those who believe Bitcoin’s core value is the fact that it is a hedge against fiat currencies, and by extension, governments (in the case they decide to infringe upon your liberties).  Bitcoin CANNOT be both. It’s just not possible.

The above is the real argument, everything else is FUD and just craziness.

Do we want it to handle all world daily transactions,
or do we want protection from current monetary systems and government involvement?

It is absolutely possible. Impossible is a very bold word. Solving the byzantine generals problem was once considered impossible btw.

I'm no expert, I'm far from it. I'm actually a noob.
But how could it reasonably be possible to be both?
The more mainstream it gets, in theory, it should be easier for the governments to exert control over it.
The only reason Bitcoin/bitcoin has survived is, I believe, governments can't actually control a decentralized system.
Who owns it? Who runs it? Where is it maintained?
Because of that, governments have left it alone. Legally, it is hard to control.

So, if it did get gigantic (say 200 million users each with 3-4 daily txs each) how can it also remain immune to gov control?
How can we have our cake and eat it too?

It's a fallacy to think that bitcoin will centralized to the point it will be controllable by a single entity just because it scales. I mean, how can it be more centralized than having 8 mining pools providing 75% of the total hashrate?

Do you think internet is decentralized? Because it is and does anybody have the capacity to run an ISP? No. Only big companies does but noone controls the internet.

My point is, if it truly becomes the system of our dreams, where everyone uses it for everything,
wouldn't the government co-op it under National Security interests and mandate total control in ways unknowable now?

I'm not concerned about non-governmental centralization, only the centralization that can effect an individuals rights.

The internet is not controlled by anyone, but it can be shut off in many countries during emergencies or "other", including the USA.

Which government will control bitcoin? US? China? Russia? France?
legendary
--------------->¿?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
August 20, 2015, 11:59:54 PM

[XT Supporters] believe that Bitcoin should be able to handle all the transactions on planet earth, from everyone’s daily coffee purchase, to everyone’s house purchase, to how Google cars should be paid for their services.  On the other hand, you have those who believe Bitcoin’s core value is the fact that it is a hedge against fiat currencies, and by extension, governments (in the case they decide to infringe upon your liberties).  Bitcoin CANNOT be both. It’s just not possible.

or do we want protection from current monetary systems and government involvement?

It is absolutely possible. Impossible is a very bold word. Solving the byzantine generals problem was once considered impossible btw.

The more mainstream it gets, in theory, it should be easier for the governments to exert control over it.
The only reason Bitcoin/bitcoin has survived is, I believe, governments can't actually control a decentralized system.
Because of that, governments have left it alone. Legally, it is hard to control.

So, if it did get gigantic (say 200 million users each with 3-4 daily txs each) how can it also remain immune to gov control?

For the every day person the internet is very much controlled by a google search. Most will not think of looking beyond that.
legendary
August 20, 2015, 11:58:38 PM

Pages:
Jump to: