Pages:
Author

Topic: Take care of Butterflylabs (BFL) - page 2. (Read 3137 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 07:50:36 PM
ever thought its stuck in customs? you might need to phone your country's main postal service and ask if they know whats happend

"Cheques in the mail and so is your BFL order."

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 09, 2013, 07:45:28 PM
ever thought its stuck in customs? you might need to phone your country's main postal service and ask if they know whats happend
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
November 09, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
The Austrian address is - of course - registered with BFL and confirmed by email in order receipt from BFL and Paypal plus on the shipment notice. The way you can invoke buyer protection at paypal for undelivered items is to open a dispute. Thats possible, but at the end you get the following message:

We Have Registered Your Dispute
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

Haha - so much for paypal - communication is only good if the other side answers. Paypals Buyer protection is just for advertising, not if you need it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 06:32:51 PM
Sounds like someone at BFL may not know the difference between Austria and Australia.

Can you confirm that your correct country is shown on your My Account page on the BFL website, and on your emailed shipment notice?
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
November 09, 2013, 06:22:55 PM
I live in Austria (Europe) and ordered my Jalapeno in March 2013. The BFL Jody blog tells that devices from May 2013 are already being shipped, I however am still waiting. My tracking information ends up in an Australian post office (1). I read also, that China shipments end up in Canada (2) and people get wrong devices or missing parts (3) too.

Butterflylabs did not - since 5 days - respond to my emails. And Paypal stopped buyer protection for BFL orders - opening a dispute for BFL orders is not allowed, it results only in an email to BFL.

I am really pissed, BFL doesn't seem to be a scam, but it looks like BFL orders have a serious risc attached.

Please post a screenshot of the email or letter you got from Paypal confirming your claim that they will not offer buyer protection for BFL orders.  Thanks

-D

It's outside of the 45 day window so that's a standard response from PayPal, no need to for him to provide that, hundreds/thousands of us have had the same problem! Just ask for a refund and then contact Paypal when BFL refuse and you'll see for yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
November 09, 2013, 05:47:40 PM
I live in Austria (Europe) and ordered my Jalapeno in March 2013. The BFL Jody blog tells that devices from May 2013 are already being shipped, I however am still waiting. My tracking information ends up in an Australian post office (1). I read also, that China shipments end up in Canada (2) and people get wrong devices or missing parts (3) too.

Butterflylabs did not - since 5 days - respond to my emails. And Paypal stopped buyer protection for BFL orders - opening a dispute for BFL orders is not allowed, it results only in an email to BFL.

I am really pissed, BFL doesn't seem to be a scam, but it looks like BFL orders have a serious risc attached.

Please post a screenshot of the email or letter you got from Paypal confirming your claim that they will not offer buyer protection for BFL orders.  Thanks

-D
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
November 09, 2013, 04:45:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: