Pages:
Author

Topic: Take Redundancy Or Stick With Job? - page 2. (Read 1071 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500
October 01, 2016, 04:24:10 AM
Incredible opportunity, doesn't seem like your GF can lose! A few questions:

• How long does the $3k annual pay raise go for?
  • Does your lady like what she's doing now?
  • Will it be relatively easy for her to find a new job for comparable pay within the next few months?

These questions would filter into the decision if I was making it. If she doesn't love the job and she can get a new one with comparable pay within a few months, I say order take the $20k. But we really need to know more facts to help you better.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Ok to answer your Qs:

- The $3k pay rise is forever in the new job.

- The GF likes what shes doing right now yes, its a 1 to 1 care and supporting role with people trying to get them at best health.  In new job all that would change and 1 on 1s be done over the phone.  More people would be dealt with this way.  The job might not be as rewarding this way. However doing this from home is easy vs travelling and preparation to deal with people.  

- Taking the $20k and finding a completely new job - would be easyish to find in a few months sure, but unlikely to get same exact pay unless new job was more complex and harder. Lets assume any other random job would probably be $3k less vs private company job offer.

Other factors:

Another thing to consider is i run a home business and she helps.
She can help me better if she works from home.  
If she works from home we are flexible to live anywhere.

She might be able to take the $20k and quit completely and we both work on my home business forever.  < this is not a safe play though, its possible though.  If she quits all work completely and works with me she misses out on little social interactions she likes at current real life jobs - however i guess thats replaceable.

Fuck, still 50/50 we have 3 weeks to decide. I guess its win win situation though.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 01, 2016, 02:13:25 AM
Your GF should consider other factors - are her current superiors leaving? Would she be facing off a bunch of new hires brought in by new management?

Are there still training and career advancement opportunity under new management?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
October 01, 2016, 12:23:06 AM
Incredible opportunity, doesn't seem like your GF can lose! A few questions:

• How long does the $3k annual pay raise go for?
  • Does your lady like what she's doing now?
  • Will it be relatively easy for her to find a new job for comparable pay within the next few months?

These questions would filter into the decision if I was making it. If she doesn't love the job and she can get a new one with comparable pay within a few months, I say order take the $20k. But we really need to know more facts to help you better.

Good luck!
September 29, 2016, 03:35:35 PM
Depends on what the annual salary is and how long it would take to earn the $20k redundancy offer.

$20k is not a lot of money and wont last long.

Job is part time but pays more than $20k per year so yeah would take under a year to earn that back but she can get another job so does this matter?

Basically paying $20k for a good job (but on paper) it seems?

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
September 29, 2016, 03:27:16 PM
Depends on what the annual salary is and how long it would take to earn the $20k redundancy offer.

$20k is not a lot of money and wont last long.
September 29, 2016, 03:12:30 PM
I'll try and keep it short as possible:

The GF has job in public sector, they just got taken over by a private company. Private company offered her either $20k tax free redundancy package or stick with the job under new private company terms.  The private company cannot act bad since its taking over public sector work if you understand.  The new terms are pretty good.

The new terms from private company include:

- $3k per year pay rise
- Working fully from home, flexible hours also < pretty crazy good right?

GF does enjoy a little social interaction at work but it takes much more effort to go to work each day then work from home.

We cant work out if its better to take the $20k or take the job.

GF could also take the redundancy and apply for the same job at a later date - lol yes this is possible.  However GF is 100% guaranteed this job right now if she wants it and the private company has no option you see.  

She could also take the $20k and get another job somewhere else. New diffferent jobs are unlikey to work from home of course and wont have the $3k pay rise mostly likely.  

How the fuck do you work this out? we are about 50/50. Money now better then money later or what? Or because the job seems good on paper we should turn down a free $20k?

Pages:
Jump to: