Pages:
Author

Topic: taking profit can be hard sometimes. - page 3. (Read 1552 times)

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
April 30, 2021, 02:35:16 PM
You are right. Many times we can't take profit due to greed. I think we should be happy with 30-50% profit.  If necessary, you can adopt a buy back policy. Or you can hold a part of your profit for long term. However, we must take some amount of profit.  Otherwise you will lose your interest in trading.
Now many people are competing to trade on some of the exchanges they are already using, so I don't think anyone will lose interest in this because now is a very good time to start trading, the matter of how to take profits depends on the technique of each us in managing it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
April 30, 2021, 02:29:50 PM
Yes it is. It is so very hard to tell if you gonna win or lose. Even if you do research, study some strategy on trading, sometimes you failed. Losing ur investments eventhough you think that you are knowledgeable enough on trading and you will earn more profit. It is always a gamble. You have to take the risk.. You win or you lose.
I think we should be satisfy with our winning and in the market like this, holding is not the best option for the people that have time to monitor their tokens. This is also for people that have enough knowledge to buy low sell high. People that have experience with setting their entry and exit. Yes, it’s hard for someone to take profit if only aim high, and not just satisfy. We should control our greediness and we should focus more in taking profit even it’s little but we should be consistent.
- Control is just a way of managing and planning but it is difficult for investors to be serious and choose correctly with this method because they have missed so many opportunities, a buzz coming from the market informs us that profits could have been multiplied but quite sad for the act of selling too early has prevented this information, very silly and regretful. Most of us are greedy and hold with no time and no profit goals, it is risky while the only thing we should do is let go of a little bit of profit for maximum safety, a single miss is not a disaster but a single loss affects the entire process
Activity: 1372
Merit: 110
April 30, 2021, 01:47:45 PM
It is better to be happy with a small profit without expecting higher profit. For those who expect 2x, 3x profit, this is the problem for them not for others. If necessary, you can sell at a low profit and buy the coin or token when the price goes down. In this way, if you get a small profit again and again, the amount of your total profit will be a lot at a time.
You are right. Many times we can't take profit due to greed. I think we should be happy with 30-50% profit.  If necessary, you can adopt a buy back policy. Or you can hold a part of your profit for long term. However, we must take some amount of profit.  Otherwise you will lose your interest in trading.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
April 30, 2021, 01:30:22 PM
some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

kindly share your ideas that might be helpful to solving this issue.
Investment in crypto is really a confusing game, you tend to get stuck between the urge to sell your holdings because you are afraid that it may suddenly dump but at the same time, you want to keep on holding so that you will have no regrets if ever the price pumps. Impatience and being greedy are some factors that prevents an investor to gain profit from their investment. As they choose not to listen to what their head is saying, they usually gets driven out fron their emotion leading to committing mistakes and at the same time, moving them away from the goal or their desired price.
Activity: 375
Merit: 10
April 30, 2021, 01:12:14 PM
some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

Yes. I also find it difficult to make a profit on every trade I make. I often suffer losses. I think this was due to my impatience in defending the coin when the price was falling. The key to trading is patience and not panic.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
April 30, 2021, 11:48:19 AM
If you have problem with taking profits then you have a problem called greed, everyone in crypto space are investors who plans to double their money or make more, you must have a plan and a target too so once your coin do 2x, 3x 4x you need to make a move, always remember that the coin you made money from today won't be that last crypto project in crypto space, more opportunities will arise
Activity: 519
Merit: 101
April 30, 2021, 11:25:24 AM

As of my experience I lose in trading because I bought coin at a wrong timing. After I bought its price go down and I did not used stop loss during that time because I am not familiar with it. The problem is I do not know when to determine if the market is high or low. I think it is the same with others especially to newbies so taking profit is not easy. We are lack of knowledge but still action was taken so the result was nothing but losses.
Studying, researching about trading is important to atleast minimize losses.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
April 30, 2021, 11:20:49 AM
It is difficult and it does not depend on all of us, as long as we always research and understand the signals of rise and fall. if lucky gains will come and losses will be little to gain,
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
April 30, 2021, 10:50:54 AM
as market draws of different direction with the option of movement, traders to defines of one on decision as might to follows of trending acceleration to gains with least of waste on risks as completing use of returns on limit with the expectation.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
April 30, 2021, 10:48:42 AM
They have low profits and take early profits mainly due to habit. Many people are better at gong than gong to do so. Many people don't know how to take profits and put their positions at a loss.
The cryptocurrency market is tough and there are reversals so I support profit-taking even if it's only a few percent.
To practice the most profitable trading method, we need to be good at technical analysis, capital management and be satisfied with the profits we get. Entering a position is a single bet with their money, a small investment that can sometimes yield an impressive return.
"NO pain NO Gain" that exactly how we describe crypto investment. We suffered losses, rise back, and finally wins. We just thinking negatively and then quit after a tragic loss in our life especially during our first entry, there is no way we could manage to survive. There are a lot of market tests that we have to wins. The market is so tough and that we need to be smart and give a response wisely.
Activity: 532
April 30, 2021, 10:33:17 AM
They have low profits and take early profits mainly due to habit. Many people are better at gong than gong to do so. Many people don't know how to take profits and put their positions at a loss.
The cryptocurrency market is tough and there are reversals so I support profit-taking even if it's only a few percent.
To practice the most profitable trading method, we need to be good at technical analysis, capital management and be satisfied with the profits we get. Entering a position is a single bet with their money, a small investment that can sometimes yield an impressive return.
Activity: 882
Merit: 253
April 30, 2021, 09:38:17 AM
Yes it is. It is so very hard to tell if you gonna win or lose. Even if you do research, study some strategy on trading, sometimes you failed. Losing ur investments eventhough you think that you are knowledgeable enough on trading and you will earn more profit. It is always a gamble. You have to take the risk.. You win or you lose.
I think we should be satisfy with our winning and in the market like this, holding is not the best option for the people that have time to monitor their tokens. This is also for people that have enough knowledge to buy low sell high. People that have experience with setting their entry and exit. Yes, it’s hard for someone to take profit if only aim high, and not just satisfy. We should control our greediness and we should focus more in taking profit even it’s little but we should be consistent.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
April 30, 2021, 08:25:55 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
April 30, 2021, 07:37:11 AM
It depends on how your trading strategy is and also determines the profit. which of course will affect the benefits you will get. now when the bull market should be a momentum for holders to get investment profits. I myself have got a list of altcoins that will be bought and invested. and when the market is down you have to stay calm and not panic, because the average person is CL and they don't benefit
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 30, 2021, 07:12:48 AM
I'd take profit anytime if the offer is good enough and also it depends on the type of project, some projects are so good that you'd know they will surge more in value, that is if you have been in this space for long, anything starting from 3x is a good ROI for me
Even x2 is more than enough for me because I'm not a Greed person and i know how to be contented .

But of course if given a chance then why not x3 right?

Just don't forget to Know how much is a good income and how much is the risk of losing , this market's volatility is really making our funds vulnerable from losing so make your best decision each time.
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 30, 2021, 07:01:18 AM
I'd take profit anytime if the offer is good enough and also it depends on the type of project, some projects are so good that you'd know they will surge more in value, that is if you have been in this space for long, anything starting from 3x is a good ROI for me
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
April 30, 2021, 06:55:02 AM
It is said that it is hard to part with winners. Many people re-balance their portfolio from time to time and that usually means that you would need to sell those assets that have made you good profit versus those that have not. Is like weeding out the loosers as opposed to weeding out the loosers.

Anyway, the best way is to set a target price o several targets to reduce your position automatically or else you will always face hard decissions.

That's why we have the entry and exit strategy, so that you will not doubt yourself on taking profits because you have set it already. Otherwise, you will keep on asking yourself whether to take profits or not. Until such time that you may have missed it for reasons like the price goes down hard and then you are trap for a long time.

So in order to be successful here, you should have an exit plan as well. You sell, you take profits and then not look back at it so that you won't have any regrets.
Activity: 350
April 30, 2021, 04:15:35 AM
It is said that it is hard to part with winners. Many people re-balance their portfolio from time to time and that usually means that you would need to sell those assets that have made you good profit versus those that have not. Is like weeding out the loosers as opposed to weeding out the loosers.

Anyway, the best way is to set a target price o several targets to reduce your position automatically or else you will always face hard decissions.

It is hard to part with winners indeed and sometimes for illogical reasons. You have to keep in mind that tax considerations can also matter sometimes when you plan to rebalance your portfolio. You could be better off selling a loser at some point even if you think it goes up because you want to realize tax relevant losses, but you can of course rebuy it afterwards.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1589
Do not die for Putin
April 29, 2021, 06:11:43 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 14
April 29, 2021, 05:55:57 AM
I sold my SOVryn coins at 40$ and after few days the coin reached 80$ but honestly I don't think I've lost and it doesn't bother me because I bought those coins at 3$ each and that gain is enough for me, taking profits isn't hard when you made enough, I could feel like not taking profits if the coin only surge to 8$ but 3$ to 40$ is huge enough for me
Pages:
Jump to: