Pages:
Author

Topic: Taking Profits on Altcoins Strategy - page 2. (Read 1048 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
August 10, 2021, 09:00:13 PM
depends tho! if you are buyign the dip during a downtrend you are just buying the dip before the next dip, make sure you are buying when price is uptrending so you are buyng the pullback before the next push. In this way you can maxinum your earning in smart way with alt.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
August 10, 2021, 07:03:52 PM
We have different strategy in taking profits on Altcoins. For me, I would rather choose an altcoin with good return even for a short run then put some percentage of my profit on bitcoin so that if ever the altcoin I choose suddenly lose it's value, I still have profit put on bitcoin. It's too risky to hold altcoins specially a new hype altcoin, maybe ETH is good or BNB but others, I doubt it, that's why be wise, if you gain profit through pump in altcoins, put some percentage in bitcoin.

This is a good strategy and I use it myself, getting a profit from trading new coins, I use part of it to buy BTC. And of course, I believe that Ethereum will still exceed its ATH not only in relation to the dollar, but also in relation to bitcoin. Therefore, every investor should have, in addition to BTC, also ETH in his wallet.
accumulating our profits from short term traders to bitcoin or other major altcoin could double our profits in near future. new altcoin should used to speculate for gaining big profts but we have to doing good research before decided invest in this projects. safety should be first priority in our investment and dont ever trapped in hype or fomo.
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
August 10, 2021, 06:56:01 PM
I am looking to take some profits on my altcoins after the next big pump. Need some advice if my strategy is good or not. I'm based in the US.

1. When I start to take profits from my altcoins do I just sell them on the exchange for dollars and then buy stablecoins with that? Or do I somehow trade the alts for stables? Does is matter since selling or trading them are taxed for capital gains regardless?

2. Once I take the profits in stablecoins, is putting them on something like Blockfi to gain interest the best thing to do while I wait for another dip to possibly reinvest them?

3. Once the bull run is over I'm most likely going to keep all my bitcoin and probably most of my Ethereum. I'll sell most of my alts for stablecoins but keep small bags of the ones I want to keep through the bear market. Is this a sound strategy?

4. During the bear market is taking a cash loan using my crypto as collateral (BTC and ETH) a good way to defer capital gains taxes? Won't I have to pay these taxes eventually? I know there are drawbacks to this strategy but it seems like a lot of experienced people do this.

5. After the bull run should I just put my stablecoins in something like Blockfi during the bear market? Or is cashing out to dollars and investing in something like real estate a good way to defer capital gains taxes?

I know these are a lot of questions but any advice is greatly appreciated, this forum has been extremely helpful for a noob that has been in the space for about 4 months now. Thanks!

Me I rarely slack in taking profit on whatever I invested on. What I mostly do is taking out the exact amount I invested with by the moment it doubles. But if the project however doesn't double within a short period of time, then I wait for as long as it takes to take out profits and watch the rest grows.
Activity: 756
Merit: 17
August 10, 2021, 06:26:35 PM
To me, the best strategy is that setting price goals all the time and take the profit when we reach the goal. Maybe not all of the profit, but taking some of the profit will still be the wise thing to do. Otherwise, we may even lose all our profit and even our capital. So, this is my strategy in general honestly.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
August 10, 2021, 06:16:52 PM
We have different strategy in taking profits on Altcoins. For me, I would rather choose an altcoin with good return even for a short run then put some percentage of my profit on bitcoin so that if ever the altcoin I choose suddenly lose it's value, I still have profit put on bitcoin. It's too risky to hold altcoins specially a new hype altcoin, maybe ETH is good or BNB but others, I doubt it, that's why be wise, if you gain profit through pump in altcoins, put some percentage in bitcoin.

This is a good strategy and I use it myself, getting a profit from trading new coins, I use part of it to buy BTC. And of course, I believe that Ethereum will still exceed its ATH not only in relation to the dollar, but also in relation to bitcoin. Therefore, every investor should have, in addition to BTC, also ETH in his wallet.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
August 10, 2021, 04:22:56 PM
Hmmm, the things you have said here are good moves to make in an investment like this. There is nothing wrong with investing in real estate, if you have enough funds to invest, then it wouldn’t be bad to take out a part of that money and invest in real estate. Real estate is like one of the best investments you’re going to make these days. So, that’s a yes. Keep part of the money for investing in cryptocurrency, while the rest goes towards the real estate investment.

When the market is bullish you can hold your cryptocurrency and when you feel you have made enough profit, it’s best to pull out and wait for the right time when the market will crash. It wouldn’t be bad to invest back into cryptocurrency with the money. Even at a stable time like this, cryptocurrencies like BTC and ETH can make you enough profit in a month than you will get from those BlockFi.

Market is pump for the now.Some coin had raised a good value.The people who had invested money in such coin ,now withdrew the money with some profit.It's better to withdrew for now instead of holding for the longer period.Bitcoin will rock the world in a short period.BTC and ETH was the potential coin all the time.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
August 10, 2021, 02:53:52 PM
The best option is to invest in BTC, ETH, BNB for more profit in the long run.

If you mean long run you should take into account that you should have minimum of 2 years  to fully maximized

the benefits out from those assets that you've mentioned. There are big potentials that acceptance will continue

and adoptions for crypto transactions will bring more value to those assets. Treat it as your lone term savings you'll

love the benefits once you succeed holding it.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 1
August 10, 2021, 02:28:49 PM
Without Cryptomarket's Top altcoin.  The road map of all the other altcoins that are available and coming in the market, which have been created in the support of some companies, using the case, everything is completely safe for a short time and it is possible to make more profit.  The best option is to invest in BTC, ETH, BNB for more profit in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
August 10, 2021, 01:38:13 PM
Hmmm, the things you have said here are good moves to make in an investment like this. There is nothing wrong with investing in real estate, if you have enough funds to invest, then it wouldn’t be bad to take out a part of that money and invest in real estate. Real estate is like one of the best investments you’re going to make these days. So, that’s a yes. Keep part of the money for investing in cryptocurrency, while the rest goes towards the real estate investment.

When the market is bullish you can hold your cryptocurrency and when you feel you have made enough profit, it’s best to pull out and wait for the right time when the market will crash. It wouldn’t be bad to invest back into cryptocurrency with the money. Even at a stable time like this, cryptocurrencies like BTC and ETH can make you enough profit in a month than you will get from those BlockFi.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
August 09, 2021, 02:08:18 PM
For me, I would rather choose an altcoin with good return even for a short run then put some percentage of my profit on bitcoin so that if ever the altcoin I choose suddenly lose it's value, I still have profit put on bitcoin.
But almost all altcoins will lose its value in terms of both USD and BTC at a time; I mean I have not come across a coin which is profitable either BTC or USD value. I guess it would too helpful if you suggest me any of such coin so that I may watch them and may include into my portfolio.

It's too risky to hold altcoins specially a new hype altcoin, maybe ETH is good or BNB but others, I doubt it, that's why be wise, if you gain profit through pump in altcoins, put some percentage in bitcoin.
Booking profits on time to time with any altcoin investment is highly recommended. I have seen many coins which were trading at decent price levels suddenly got dumped and then slowly exchanges delisting them in the end; one good example must be bitsend.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
August 09, 2021, 01:36:14 PM
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
August 09, 2021, 01:15:46 PM
Let's see about the new hype altcoins emerging. We can trade them and take profits in the short time waiting for the pump price and then sell them at the high price as we have targeted.
However, we may not need to hold them for a longer time because it may be too risky.
Majority of the projects are too risky to hold for a long period of time because when the market starts to correct some of these projects might stop working if there is a major sell off and it all depends upon the core strength of the project and the innovation they are implementing in it according to the changing trends.

And there are also some altcoins that will have good news or events at a certain moment so we can just prepare to buy some of these coins and wait until the right moment after the events, so we can make higher profits at that time.
And there may be also another chance to take profits based on investing for middle and long term investment. I believe this is more to top coins only.
The major projects that are established in the market has its risk but not like new projects.
Activity: 152
August 09, 2021, 11:00:46 AM

Now NFT is very popular, many of them are actively used in the gaming industry and many gamers are already actively earning on NFT, even creating their own communities such as https://twitter.com/LiquidationsOf/status/1415853396792201216

The gaming industry offers great potential for cryptocurrencies. Thanks to NFT, players can earn money from games, so the community of players is now very popular and is growing rapidly.

Now many cryptocurrency projects pay attention to gamers, as gamers have huge communities and are able to have a significant impact on cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
August 09, 2021, 01:06:33 AM
Just stake NEAR and Celo and sell your staking rewards when the market is up.
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
August 09, 2021, 12:56:19 AM
You have many options like you indicated. For example, I sold most of my profits so far and kept some amount of them in stablecoins and withdrew the rest of it. I kept some in stablecoins because I wanted to stake and increase them. I'd rather staking the money than keeping it in a deposit account for now.

How do you intend to stake stablecoins? Do you mean lock up with less than 6% APY or you mean farming with other tokens to get more coins?
I have not seen that though buddy, you either lock stable coin, we misuse the concept of staking from what it's originally designed for.
Anyways, stay away from shitcoins if you are really into farming because of impermanent loss, rug pull by team or hackers and you might also not gain much if you are into liquidity providers for huge profits. It's better to hold coims or hold stable coins to avoid unnecessary stories.
Activity: 517
Merit: 10
August 09, 2021, 12:15:26 AM
There is a flow that we can always see in the crypto market, when BTC begins to dim in its dominance, that's when altcoins begin to take their place in the crypto market, and that's when we should take
Activity: 122
August 08, 2021, 04:11:51 PM

Yeah you're right mate, buying bitcoin is the most essential right now especially when you are wiser enough and become more patient for all our decision making.And for the US taxes we don't care if we pay taxes as long as we have a huge income in crypto currency.

Now NFT is very popular, many of them are actively used in the gaming industry and many gamers are already actively earning on NFT, even creating their own communities such as https://twitter.com/LiquidationsOf/status/1415853396792201216

The gaming industry offers great potential for cryptocurrencies. Thanks to NFT, players can earn money from games, so the community of players is now very popular and is growing rapidly.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
August 08, 2021, 10:23:20 AM
I am also taking profits in altcoin especially those newly created project tokens, There are money in altcoins especially if you have invested in it at its early stage, just make sure when you are an early investor of a coin that this coin is legit and won't get rugged, that is the only problem on a newly created token, some of them are scam so be careful and always do your own research.
Remember, never put eggs in one basket
This is a simple piece of advice yet this is really important always, remember that you should not only invest in one coin, there is no assurance that the one you are investing in has a good potential and can make you rich so always make sure that there is other one that you can rely on.
In my opinion in investing or trading we don't need to hope to be rich because if this is not fulfilled or we lose, of course we will feel sorry, I myself have been trading in the market all this time and I don't expect if I can get rich but at least the profit I get can be sufficient my family's daily needs Smiley, I agree with your advice don't rely on one type of altcoin to invest because it's better for us to take several altcoins in trading so that when altcoin A suffers a loss, of course at least Altcoin B can cover the loss, because we know that if the market goes red of course not all altcoins experience this and sometimes there are altcoins that go up when other altcoins also go down.
Activity: 352
Merit: 11
August 08, 2021, 09:49:21 AM
I know these are a lot of questions but any advice is greatly appreciated, this forum has been extremely helpful for a noob that has been in the space for about 4 months now. Thanks!

I will try to help you.

I think the main problem with your strategy is that you have already traced what will happen in the next few months:
Altcoin season, then you take profits in USD, then it comes a bear market, you will put in blockfi.....

You need to consider different scenarios, as we don't know if we are even going to have an altseason like before, or even a so hard bear market. Are you ready for a different scenario like a Bitcoin bull run and altcoins losing even more value?

1. When I start to take profits from my altcoins do I just sell them on the exchange for dollars and then buy stablecoins with that? Or do I somehow trade the alts for stables? Does is matter since selling or trading them are taxed for capital gains regardless?
Doesn't make a difference. But you can take your profits in bitcoin. I believe that you have profit in altcoins only when you have profit in altcoin x BTc ratio.

2. Once I take the profits in stablecoins, is putting them on something like Blockfi to gain interest the best thing to do while I wait for another dip to possibly reinvest them?

I think it is too risk to put them in any lending plataform. You will gain 5-10% per year... that is very little in comparinson to 1000% gains bitcoin can still have in the next years, and you risk losing it all.

3. Once the bull run is over I'm most likely going to keep all my bitcoin and probably most of my Ethereum. I'll sell most of my alts for stablecoins but keep small bags of the ones I want to keep through the bear market. Is this a sound strategy?

Certainly. Bitcoin has better perfomance in long term compared to altcoins (in general, few random exceptions). I would consider keeping a hug amount  of bitcoin now, at least 50%. Even in a bull market, as altcoins usually lose in AltcoinXBTC ratio in long term.

4. During the bear market is taking a cash loan using my crypto as collateral (BTC and ETH) a good way to defer capital gains taxes? Won't I have to pay these taxes eventually? I know there are drawbacks to this strategy but it seems like a lot of experienced people do this.

5. After the bull run should I just put my stablecoins in something like Blockfi during the bear market? Or is cashing out to dollars and investing in something like real estate a good way to defer capital gains taxes?

It depends on your country regulations and laws. In Brazil you don't need to pay taxes if you sell less than 5k USD per month. Additionally, if you are just holding in the bear market you don't have to pay any tax.

Dont worry about taxes in the bear market, just try to survive.

In the Philippines  where I belong I can see that not all of us here know about bitcoin and on how it was going to be more fun and challenging to earned bitcoin. But the fact is even not all of us is not knowing of crypto but we are trying to teach to everybody because bitcoin and altcoin is the best to earn of it..
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 07, 2021, 11:15:25 AM
IMO,
you must know what kinds of altcoins we are trading or investing in so that we can understand how to take profits from the altcoins. For, in my opinion, there may be some different strategies of taking profits for several different types of altcoins.
Let's see about the new hype altcoins emerging. We can trade them and take profits in the short time waiting for the pump price and then sell them at the high price as we have targeted.
However, we may not need to hold them for a longer time because it may be too risky.
And there are also some altcoins that will have good news or events at a certain moment so we can just prepare to buy some of these coins and wait until the right moment after the events, so we can make higher profits at that time.
And there may be also another chance to take profits based on investing for middle and long term investment. I believe this is more to top coins only.
Pages:
Jump to: