Pages:
Author

Topic: [TAU]COIN: a BTC/NXT/NEM Upgrade - page 2. (Read 521 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
July 19, 2018, 10:48:13 PM
We are almost finished with our new consensus model that uses activity as the main metric in block rewards.

Conceptually, is there any reason that staking needs to be part of the consensus model? Our goal is to be even MORE egalitarian than NEM and allow participation without a minimum staking requirement
You need a "scarce" resource as a replacement where it's not too easy to game the algorithm. If "activity" is the transaction rate, then I think your concept is flawed. While it may make sense to restrict transaction rate (like Bitcoin does with its [post-segwit] 4MB blocks and other coins with a transaction limitation) and make transactions "scarce", the problem is that the "currency validators" and the users are competing for block space. Thus, the coin will run into scalability problems much earlier than Bitcoin.

It also isn't egalitarian at all, because the nodes that will benefit most are big exchange nodes with lots of transactions. That can be positive for a small altcoin where it's essential to get some services (exchanges, wallets etc.) on board, but in the case of a bigger cryptocurrency it makes an exchange hack very, very dangerous.
Activity: 194
Merit: 29
July 19, 2018, 09:07:16 PM
POI and POW have common algorithms. It helps to maintain the order which is applied for cryptocurrency.

I don't think they have anything in common. One is work related the other is a mix of activity and stake. We are creating one without the staking component
Activity: 257
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 10:11:28 AM
POI and POW have common algorithms. It helps to maintain the order which is applied for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 84
July 19, 2018, 09:15:49 AM
NEM Egalitarian Upgrade is most valuable and make sure easy to fulfil participation requirement. It can make block rewards for a users. It is easy to other and comfortable.
Activity: 238
July 19, 2018, 07:14:39 AM
Make me more clear as the conceptual thoughts wasn't clear in your post. You should make it more clear about specific which are you working with. of course not with NEM or egalitarian, I assume. Thank You.
July 16, 2018, 06:38:08 AM
We will be releasing the whitepaper within the next week, but we really want to kick the tires on the staking requirement.

Please share around and think of why Staking needs to be involved in a consensus activity model
Activity: 1
July 16, 2018, 06:34:05 AM
I'm curious about how to make the model works
July 16, 2018, 06:20:30 AM
You can still have tokens and not require the amount you own to be part of consensus. Proof-of-work works exactly like this.

The introduction of Proof-Of-Stake was important as an evolution and I feel like we've held on to the staking component like a vestigial organ in POI
Activity: 25
July 16, 2018, 06:12:51 AM
But how? You need Tokens to participate in a Blockchain.
July 16, 2018, 06:01:55 AM
We are almost finished with our new consensus model that uses activity as the main metric in block rewards.

Conceptually, is there any reason that staking needs to be part of the consensus model? Our goal is to be even MORE egalitarian than NEM and allow participation without a minimum staking requirement

My first article discussing more aspects of the project

https://medium.com/tau-foundation/bitcoin-made-digital-money-now-tau-makes-smart-money-f9648f2530da
Pages:
Jump to: