Pages:
Author

Topic: Tax evaders and protesters give Bitcoin a bad name - page 4. (Read 1735 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
 State is not that necessary in the modern world. It was usefull, but no more. I will not pay my taxes for shit...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
As I read through posts here, I see numerous people railing against taxes. However people feel about taxes (nobody likes them), it is the obligation of all citizens to do their best to comply with the law and pay their taxes. You MUST pay capital gains tax if you profit from Bitcoin. Period.

Apparently these tax evaders believe that because they personally have some moral objection to taxes, they can stiff the government while everyone else pays their fair share. I've seen posts here calling those who do properly pay there taxes 'sheep', etc... Well, complying with the law doesn't make one a sheep, it makes them a responsible citizen. If you want to change the law, then you are welcome to fight for those changes in a democracy.

While anyone with any reason knows this, here are the facts:

• Taxes have existed throughout the history of all civilizations. That's just how society works.
  • Everyone has to pay taxes, whether you like it or not.
  • Capital gains (profits on Bitcoin) must be reported and tax paid, by law.
  • Tax protesters and evaders who associate Bitcoin with a method of tax evasion may very well be its downfall.
  • If you cheat on your taxes, but I and everyone else pays, it kind of pisses me off - and the same is true for the majority of people who honestly comply. Nobody likes a tax evader.

So, tax protesters, you may continue to whine and scream all you want, but, guess what? Everyone thinks you're insane, and you'll most likely get what's coming to you, sooner or later (may be years).

I strongly suggest that these people be put in their place. Tax evasion and Bitcoin should not be interlinked.
Pages:
Jump to: