Pages:
Author

Topic: Taxes Mining Bitcoins - page 4. (Read 8481 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Im glad to live in Canada because our retarded Justin Trudeau doesnt even know what is bitcoin and we have not, or few, laws concerning cryptocurrencies.

Plus, canada has.cheap electricity. Thats why im trading and investing all my profiits into mining.
It is the good luck of yours that you are living in Canada where the electricity is so cheap and I think mining will more profitable in your country as compare to other countries so keep you job continue to get more and more profit from it .
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 25, 2017, 03:41:20 PM
Quint can you cite this ruling?

The last position I saw the IRS taking was that you were required to recognize mined bitcoin as income when it was generated and then take a capital gain / loss when selling.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance#U.S.
"The IRS also clarified that mining is treated as immediate income at the fair or market value of those mined coins on their date of receipt."

But as the page mentions below, how is the value of Altcoins supposed to be determined when there aren't direct alt/FIAT pairs in exchanges?
This whole IRS & mining seems like a grey area to me. Just pay your capital gains taxes when converting to USD.

They seem to have radically changed their position since the last I saw.
 This ruling makes dealing with mining income a NIGHTMARE - how the heck do you know which date you "mined those coins" on and WHICH price during that date are you supposed to use?

I know that the IRS is a bureaucracy and loves their paperwork, but this is INSANE even by their standards.

Activity: 812
Merit: 105
October 25, 2017, 09:53:55 AM
Can't speak to Canada.

In the USA, IRS rulings are that Bitcoin mined does not become taxable 'till you either sell it for cash or spend it on "tangible property" at which point it becomes taxable at the cash value of the amount of Bitcoin you spent.

There's a lot more verbage involved, but that's the short-form basic information you need.

I suspect state and local income taxes (where applicable) have to follow the IRS rulings on the subject.

in my country also not taxed in mined bitcoin, which I know mined bitcoin indeed there is no taxation regulation about it. but we will be charged when selling the bitcoin.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 09:02:33 AM
Can't speak to Canada.

In the USA, IRS rulings are that Bitcoin mined does not become taxable 'till you either sell it for cash or spend it on "tangible property" at which point it becomes taxable at the cash value of the amount of Bitcoin you spent.

There's a lot more verbage involved, but that's the short-form basic information you need.

I suspect state and local income taxes (where applicable) have to follow the IRS rulings on the subject.

This in a nutshell .
There is no taxation on bitcoin only the transaction costs.The bitcoin mining is fully anonymous no government can intrude here,you don't need to worry about taxes.The hardware needed for mining is just powerful system so yiu just have to pay the costs for transportation.Maybe in future there might be taxes on bitcoin if someone regulate it.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
October 25, 2017, 08:47:44 AM
Somebody can help me about the taxes mining Bitcoins in Canada and USA. Taxes to import the hardware, income tax,  etc.

There is local taxes only for using bitcoins and there is no information that IRS regulated taxes on bitcoin mining separately. We don't need to pay anything apart from that. US government treated bitcoin and other digital currency as a property for US federal tax purposes bro.
Adam Bergman is a tax partner with IRA Financial Group and president of IRA Financial Trust Company. Contact them more information.

There is no taxation on bitcoin only the transaction costs.The bitcoin mining is fully anonymous no government can intrude here,you don't need to worry about taxes.The hardware needed for mining is just powerful system so yiu just have to pay the costs for transportation.Maybe in future there might be taxes on bitcoin if someone regulate it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
October 25, 2017, 04:41:30 AM
Somebody can help me about the taxes mining Bitcoins in Canada and USA. Taxes to import the hardware, income tax,  etc.

There is local taxes only for using bitcoins and there is no information that IRS regulated taxes on bitcoin mining separately. We don't need to pay anything apart from that. US government treated bitcoin and other digital currency as a property for US federal tax purposes bro.
Adam Bergman is a tax partner with IRA Financial Group and president of IRA Financial Trust Company. Contact them more information.

brand new
Activity: 0
October 25, 2017, 03:31:33 AM
Im glad to live in Canada because our retarded Justin Trudeau doesnt even know what is bitcoin and we have not, or few, laws concerning cryptocurrencies.

Plus, canada has.cheap electricity. Thats why im trading and investing all my profiits into mining.

Trudeau knows how Quantum Computing works at a basic level, I'm pretty sure he's aware of bitcoin.  Chances are he supports it and doesn't want to try and shut it down like those on the right would like to do.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
October 25, 2017, 02:14:43 AM

The last position I saw the IRS taking was that you were required to recognize mined bitcoin as income when it was generated and then take a capital gain / loss when selling.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance#U.S.
"The IRS also clarified that mining is treated as immediate income at the fair or market value of those mined coins on their date of receipt."

But as the page mentions below, how is the value of Altcoins supposed to be determined when there aren't direct alt/FIAT pairs in exchanges?
This whole IRS & mining seems like a grey area to me. Just pay your capital gains taxes when converting to USD.
Activity: 708
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 12:08:10 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 25, 2017, 12:05:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 24, 2017, 07:10:43 PM
Can't speak to Canada.

Activity: 1
October 24, 2017, 01:52:32 PM
Pages:
Jump to: