Pages:
Author

Topic: Taxes on BTC trading profits? Do you like it? - page 2. (Read 335 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 13
December 21, 2018, 12:56:42 PM
It says that UK government might let investors pay taxes when they make profits by selling BTC

Reference
https://www.reddit.com/r/jex/comments/a7txm5/its_said_that_uk_investors_will_pay_capital_gains/

Maybe good? For if government charges taxes on it, it will be a sign that government better accept it.

Maybe not good? For taxes will reduce the profits gained by investors.

What's your opionion on this? Is this a good new or bad news?

I think if taxes are set by the government in some countries, then that is very good.
Why do I say good?
because with the tax they run, of course it will be free to do, provided the taxpayer is implemented.
so that all countries can transact business freely, and there is no prohibition on the use of bitcoin. But taxpayers must be paid, otherwise the government will ban the use of bitcoin.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
December 20, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Profits? What profits? LOL.

Jokes aside, this is really nothing surprising. Profit from trading still falls under "income", hence chances are, there are going to be taxes.

Is it good or bad? It just probably completely depends on what the percentage tax is. If it's <10%, then it's probably fine? Depending on the trader. But I've read somewhere in the past that there are some countries that taxes pretty much around 50%. Now THAT's bad.

Maybe good? For if government charges taxes on it, it will be a sign that government better accept it.
Not necessarily means that government will accept it. It's income, hence it will be taxed.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
December 19, 2018, 11:56:29 PM
It says that UK government might let investors pay taxes when they make profits by selling BTC

Reference
https://www.reddit.com/r/jex/comments/a7txm5/its_said_that_uk_investors_will_pay_capital_gains/

Maybe not good? For taxes will reduce the profits gained by investors.

What's your opionion on this? Is this a good new or bad news?
Pages:
Jump to: