Pages:
Author

Topic: Teams showing real faces to public can still scam you - page 6. (Read 1105 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
That's right, even if the team is real in any company, then there is still a big chance that this company will turn out to be a scam, because now no one is afraid of anyone and unfortunately scammers even display their real photos and data and still cheat investors and run away with money, so in cryptocurrency investments you always need to be very careful.
Yes, people must not believe in anything which looks suspicious.
Even a registered company can scam you easily. For example you can start a company virtually in UK for less than £100. Some investors believe it as a good sign. But technically it is not.
No need to say about pictures/documents at all as they can be faked so easily.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
That's right, even if the team is real in any company, then there is still a big chance that this company will turn out to be a scam, because now no one is afraid of anyone and unfortunately scammers even display their real photos and data and still cheat investors and run away with money, so in cryptocurrency investments you always need to be very careful.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
I am here to confuse people who still think that any new projects that entered crypto space with teams that are able to show their faces on videos and even attend good crypto seminars anywhere around the world have nothing to hide, and they think its real project and far from scam, well the biggest scams in crypto space are able to cater away with that huge money because many believes they are real, The ceo and teams coming out in publics to discuss about the projects doesn't erase the fact that they can scam you.
Bitconnect did the same thing and miracle tele joined too

The best lies are the ones look real. Bitconnect really did a number in the reputation of altcoins and I will not be surprised if another project will follow their example. Yet I must say that those developers who shows their faces in the public should not be condemned easily as bogus. It's not about the faces actually. We can do a little stalking online and judge their personalities on that or like if you can find any sort of information that can make you trust the dev team. After all, all of the victims of the scams have seen something special in that project. Use that as a way to confirm your insights and settle your doubts. But this doesn't mean it will eliminate the risk of being scam. It just lessens it because the industry still has no regulations. So, there's nothing else we can do except to take care of ourselves.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
Yes you're right but it's unlikely they turn out as scam reasons
1. If they show their real faces, they're known people can track them in real life.

They likely, see OP posts, check Bitconnect and Miracle Tele.  or if you are keen to your society, you can go out and see for yourself those scam companies that offer trading profit from cryptocurrency and sell you packages of investment that have high yield profit.

2. Their real face stops lots of things.

Sadly not all people are informed about the scams of these people so they can continue to scam people again and again.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Some of these faces are not really from that of the developers but instead, some paid actors who are used by these dev teams in order to cover up their real identity. While Bitconnect is a clear exception of this, which led to most of their executives being arrested and facing prison time, still some are out in the open even though their faces are posted on the internet. I don't really trust ICOs that contain images and names that are not verifiable using multiple sources which could not be paid by any private entities/individuals. Those dev teams who do are usually in it for the long run and not just until they hit the exchange and dump the coins.
Activity: 580
Merit: 101
Many team and owner never show their real face to the public and you have keep way if got ICO investment like this because become scam ICOs coin, if they are real face will show who they are and make discussion with their youtube or social media facebook and twitter for the investor.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
I agree with op's assertion, however I would point out that ICO team members using their own, verifiable pictures and whatever other docs they release to the public is an excellent act of faith on their part.  Of course that doesn't mean investors cannot still get scammed, and examples have been pointed out where that happened. 

But when you see an ANN thread for a new project and it comes to light that the team members are all fake, or they're using cartoon avatars instead of their own pictures, that's a sure sign that the project is a scam.  That's happened more often than not as far as I can tell.

So I would say that it is *necessary* for those faces to be real, but it is not *sufficient* to ensure that a scam isn't in progress.

RachelX VR project recently did an IEO to 4 exchanges including Vindax and Latoken, their team uses their images but were cartoonized of some sort. I was surprise no one really post a scam reputation about the team and the project. None of the scam busters were trying to question them.

I can see the ANN thread created were bumped by newbie accounts almost everyday but I see they go on, maybe because they were doing IEO but if they were doing ICO, thread must have been filled with scam accusation.
Activity: 793
Merit: 250
You didn´t know this? The best scammers do not have problem to show how trustworthy they really can be. They can give you proofs of registrations, proof of legal business, everything seems to be true, but it is not.  Cry
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
Yes you're right but it's unlikely they turn out as scam reasons
1. If they show their real faces, they're known people can track them in real life.
2. Their real face stops lots of things.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
The fact is that when the team is real, you can’t immediately determine whether they will turn out to be a scam or not. Sometimes a team comes up with a hoax when they realize that this is possible without consequences, as they think. Either one of the team members turns out to be a scammer, most often this is the project manager. They all do not hide their faces when they raise funds.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
I am here to confuse people who still think that any new projects that entered crypto space with teams that are able to show their faces on videos and even attend good crypto seminars anywhere around the world have nothing to hide, and they think its real project and far from scam, well the biggest scams in crypto space are able to cater away with that huge money because many believes they are real, The ceo and teams coming out in publics to discuss about the projects doesn't erase the fact that they can scam you.
You're right with what you said because majority of cryptocurrency investors believe every project which have genuine team which their identity are confirm are scam free while scam are done in varieties way (breaking agreement had investors, roadmap manipulation etc) cause a scam crypto project does not necessarily have to exit the market.
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
We have seen many public figures involving in scams so its not new thing and its not only in crytocurrencies but you can google it and you will find scams in every feild involving monetary transactions.The team behind the project misrepresent their objectives and false information in whitepaper and makes their project look attractive to the investors and when they raise funds they simply dissapear and don't respond and block their accounts. So what can be done in this type of scams?Just try to stay away from them.
Activity: 798
It is true, even if team members are real, they can easily run away with money. Thats why by choosing in which project to invest/promote, I am always looking at the product and the roadmap, if those conditions are legit, there is no problem.
Yes, because even though the team has shown its true face, it does not mean they will not cheat, because they are also human beings who have more desires, so the potential to cheat others is very open to do.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
the publication of all the teams in the project is not a reference for the project to have a future, not a scam. some even give access to social media and are followed by many people then they block accounts and disappear. some projects have been like that, I think we've all seen a lot of manipulation teams in a project. usually, only a few people are real, and the rest is stolen from other project data.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
That's how thick their faces are, they can scam you upfront. They are the cancer of this society shame on them that they are feeding their families with that dirty money. People doing that can never sleep at night, well if they keep doing that they will land in jail soon and pay for their crimes.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
I agree with op's assertion, however I would point out that ICO team members using their own, verifiable pictures and whatever other docs they release to the public is an excellent act of faith on their part.  Of course that doesn't mean investors cannot still get scammed, and examples have been pointed out where that happened. 

But when you see an ANN thread for a new project and it comes to light that the team members are all fake, or they're using cartoon avatars instead of their own pictures, that's a sure sign that the project is a scam.  That's happened more often than not as far as I can tell.

So I would say that it is *necessary* for those faces to be real, but it is not *sufficient* to ensure that a scam isn't in progress.
Activity: 1024
Merit: 100
Recently I was asked to send my photo and a link to my linkedin account for a some reward. They said they would post this data on their project’s website. It would not be surprising if I were there as a member of their team Grin.

OP is right, this is possible with ease: real people, with real data and dark affairs.

One new way to deceive investors, using bounty participant photos to make it look realistic. very annoying, but that's the reality. that's why we have to be more careful in providing personal data even if it's for KYC or others. always be alert because the data is very important.
Activity: 432
Febriyana Muhammad
Thanks for advice, so if real faces can't guarantee the project is not scam  Huh
So that is more hard to identify where is scam project or not. Maybe the only way to check project scam or not is by identify is it ponzi or not. Bitconnect we know is like ponzi scheme. Also for more secure, invest only on known project where already trusted many years.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
Nothing is impossible. Even though they appear in public, scams are still scams. there are many projects like that, not just bitconnect. almost all projects released in 2017 yesterday, they commit fraud. so start looking for the project first and see dev's experience, if he has a bad reputation, then don't invest there even though it looks legit.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
there are many other crypto project do the same thing, they make weekly ama update for investors to make it look like legitimate , of course more trust from people means more investors will enter and invest in that project.
Pages:
Jump to: