Pages:
Author

Topic: Technobit HEX16B - Bitfury based miner in hand - page 2. (Read 14541 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I just removed a fan and holly crap the fans on my second shipment are 4.7W 4500RPM 75CFM 47dBA!!!

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70226025#tab=specs

They were only 2W 3000RPM 51CFM 34dBA Sunons on my last Hex16B.

Seriously these fans are dangerous at 4500RPM without a guard. Watch out for your fingers! Noisy as hell too.

UPDATE: Just set all the 4500RPM fans to 5v. They probably still do 1875 RPM 31CFM. Seem to be keeping things cool enough for now.

Got some Arctic F9 on order, just the regular 1800RPM 43CFM ones without temp control, cheap as chips.

Ok, now i feel so stupid looking for replacement Fan.
The SUNON Maglev PF92251V1-000U-S99 is PWM fan, so what i need is to build PWM fan controller.

Did you choose this fan? I noticed the PWM blue/yellow wires were chopped off to make it non-PWM  Tongue

It would probably be best to run them at 7v by plugging the ground into the 5v (+12V-+5V=7V), then it should be 2625RPM 43.75CFM, but I'm not sure how the board or other peoples PSU will handle it. Soldering in a resistor on the 12v line, or even better a variable resister with 3 settings for 12v-overclocker,7v-normal,5v-underclocked, probably the safest option.

The Arctic F9 (AFACO-09000-GBA01) non-PWM non-temp control fan is good combination of airflow/quiet/price/safety.
I just removed a fan and holly crap the fans on my second shipment are 4.7W 4500RPM 75CFM 47dBA!!!

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70226025#tab=specs

They were only 2W 3000RPM 51CFM 34dBA Sunons on my last Hex16B.

Seriously these fans are dangerous at 4500RPM without a guard. Watch out for your fingers! Noisy as hell too.

UPDATE: Just set all the 4500RPM fans to 5v. They probably still do 1875 RPM 31CFM. Seem to be keeping things cool enough for now.

Got some Arctic F9 on order, just the regular 1800RPM 43CFM ones without temp control, cheap as chips.

Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good

Before I waste money on a new fan has anyone got experience of running the Hex16B on the stock fan at 5v or 7v?

5v should be about 1600rpm and half the noise? Anyone tried it and confirm no issues?

Anyone tried getting 7v by moving the ground to 5v? Would prefer 2200rpm.

As a space heater it's a fail at the moment, it's just too cool!  Wink

At 5V the board is doing pretty well, didn't try 7 volts since I'm not sure if it will work or burn something, we have to ask Marto about this.

P.S.
====
The non PRO version of AC F9 is a normal fan and you can stack:
However I'm planing to change the fan with Arctic F9 PRO TC

Will that work? It's a 4 pin PWM fan.

TC stands for Thermal Control, only the PWM version of the fan is with PWM control

best
2GOOD

Arghh.. now I have 5/6 of my Hex16B order the noise is unbearable!

Beware the 3800rpm fans that come with the Hex units they do not stop rotating for fingers *looks at bloody hand*
Keep pets and children well away!

I looked at the Arctic Pro TC but the drawback will be that it makes the units un-stackable.

Before I waste money on a new fan has anyone got experience of running the Hex16B on the stock fan at 5v or 7v?

5v should be about 1600rpm and half the noise? Anyone tried it and confirm no issues?

Anyone tried getting 7v by moving the ground to 5v? Would prefer 2200rpm.

As a space heater it's a fail at the moment, it's just too cool!  Wink
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Can I put a HEX16B and Nanofuries on the same TP-Link MR3020 ? With a USB hub of course.

AFAIK with the latest firmware you can.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Can I put a HEX16B and Nanofuries on the same TP-Link MR3020 ? With a USB hub of course.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
thanks technobit, you just shipped miners today.  Sad
Activity: 16
Hello technobit, hello Marto, i placed an order in november 23, i haven't receive anything yet, no email from you. no reply.. at these difficulty increase i will never get back the bitcoin that i spent for your bitfury miners. there is possibility to have any refund ? many thanks
Activity: 728
I just tried it
It works
Activity: 108
On the Technobit Downloads page the file - http://technobit.eu/0_1_3.rar does not seem to be there, opening or downloading just produces a File not found page.

Anyone else managed to get this file?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Is it possible to use different generations of HEX-boards on same controller?
Meaning that if I have tplink and few HEX16A2-boards can I chain HEX16B on same tplink?
Or do I need another tplink to control different kind of HEX-boards?
Yes
You can

HOW ?
1. Buy USB hub
2. Upgrade your tplink to latest FW from technobit
3. Connect all your hex boards to USB hub including nsanos if yo have any
4. Connect tplink to uplink of the hub
5. Enjoy
Activity: 136
tester
Meaning that if I have tplink and few HEX16A2-boards can I chain HEX16B on same tplink?
Yes
You can

HOW ?
Again more questions  Smiley

1. What are the dimensions of boards?
2. And positions of holes on the board?
3. How many Amperes of current (12V) is enough per board?

And for all different board, HEX16A, HEX16A2, HEX16B, HEX8A1.
I assume boards to be same size and holes on same position?

I am waiting for few boards (january delivery  Undecided )
Waiting is killing me and I plan to use waiting time "wisely" building open case for boards and power supply.
Outer Dimensions of the 4 models are the same.
The holes are the same on HEX16xx
The hole pattern on HEX8A1 is different

For dimensions you can use this http://ge.tt/2B4qW051/v/0?c
tmu
Activity: 59
Again more questions  Smiley

1. What are the dimensions of boards?
2. And positions of holes on the board?
3. How many Amperes of current (12V) is enough per board?

And for all different board, HEX16A, HEX16A2, HEX16B, HEX8A1.
I assume boards to be same size and holes on same position?

I am waiting for few boards (january delivery  Undecided )
Waiting is killing me and I plan to use waiting time "wisely" building open case for boards and power supply.
Yes
You can
tmu
Activity: 59
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
how many btc is it producing a day?
Use the calculators dude average 45Gh per board
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
how many btc is it producing a day?
Also, I'd probably want to overclock, how is this done on these boards? How do I change the voltages?

It's done through the TP-Link or HexMiner interface (which is basically a GUI for a cgminer command line)

It comes pre-set at 540/900 and that should give you 44.2GH/s

540 clock is a high as it goes without crashing.
The power inductor in the center of the board is pretty hot already at 900mv.
http://katalog.we-online.com/pbs/datasheet/744355122.pdf
Not sure how far you can push it, the font in that specs PDF is messed up for me.
Looks like upping volts may be the way to go, might want to put a heatsink and fan on the bottom it so it don't melt though.
At your own risk, etc! Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Sorry, I'm a little noob to this, Am I right in thinking I just need a PSU unit (out of a old computer for example), and use the molex connectors on the end (which are male) to power the HEX16B boards? I presume you could power about 4 of the boards from one 250w PSU?
Yes, you need a PC PSU. However, I would advise you use a relatively modern PSU because old units behave weirdly if they do not have load on the +5V line. Modern PSUs use the +12V line for regulation so they behave correctly when only +12V is loaded.
Also, the power of a PSU is specified as maximum power from all lines. The 250W PSU may only be able to do 100W on +12V (and 100W on +5 and 50W on +3.3). Some cheap PSUs have artificially increases ratings written. All power supplies have the maximum current for each line specified. Consider that HEX16B uses 5A and plan accordingly. A PSU is most efficient when it is loaded to about 50% of capacity.
Also, I'd probably want to overclock, how is this done on these boards? How do I change the voltages?
just run cgminer with --hexminerb-voltage 900 option
Finally, does this have its own controller on it, so I can setup my pool through my lan connection to the board
or does it need to have a host computer (windows/linux)?
You need a control PC with this. It can be Windows, but the software for Linux is better. You can also buy a TP-Link TL-MR3020 router and flash it with custom firmware to use the HEX miners.
Pages:
Jump to: