Pages:
Author

Topic: Technobit HEX4M - 400GH BlackArrow based miner reviewed - page 3. (Read 14497 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Brilliant underclock data and presentation.  Cool

+1 thanks 2GOOD

0.72 w/gh is pretty good but still a bit disappointing that it's not 0.5 w/gh at the wall like BA claims. (not surprisingly)
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
Brilliant underclock data and presentation.  Cool
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
Some Undervolt tests

Awesome, most interesting graph yet 2GOOD. 760/740 @ 303G looks like an interesting sweet spot in uses where power draw is a major consideration. It is a shame to waste the potential GH's, but considering I've got a couple of these coming I think I'll use this as a starting point.
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Nice review.

Have you tested it undervolted to 0.6V?

Wondering if it can go anywhere near 0.5w/gh at the wall like BA claims.

Thank You

I tried 700Mhz at 0.70v it was hashing with ~260GH and some HW errors, but can't recall the consumption, if you give some settings I'll be glad to test the undervolt capabilities.

Not sure what the clock freq should be at 0.6v. Maybe try ~500MHz?

Some Undervolt tests

Cons:
  • No thermal sensor

@Marto wrote that the temp sensor hardware is in place but it needs extra firmware code to get the temps out (to cg-miner I presume?)

Out of my 48 coolers, some of the bases look a little suspect and will probably need lapping a little, knowing the die temp would be super handy for thermal debug.
Activity: 255
Great review
@2GOOD, thanks for posting this great review!
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Would it be possible to run 25 hex4m boards from a single netbook/laptop/pc, of course with the necessary usb hubs?

I think it should work, maybe 6 host USBs each with one 4 port hub = 24 devices, I'm not sure about nested hubs.

Would you be able to take a detail macro shot  of the voltage regulators. I'm curious what Marto has used since it looks like some Infineon FETs. Just wanted to check it out

So pics if you can or chip package number if you can't?

I'll try to take one later.

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what is exact wattage at the wall (in Europe) using branded PSU, without any overclocking, at stock speed (as advertised)? And what is exact hashrate of the device (average) on panel and on mining pool?
I would like to add this device to my small chart, showing efficiency of various ASIC miners. Thank you!

All the info you need is in the OP.

TL;DR
400 GH/s
470W @wall
423W device consumption
FSP Aurum S 600W Gold PSU 90%
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Hello,

Can someone please tell me what is exact wattage at the wall (in Europe) using branded PSU, without any overclocking, at stock speed (as advertised)? And what is exact hashrate of the device (average) on panel and on mining pool?
I would like to add this device to my small chart, showing efficiency of various ASIC miners. Thank you!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

Would you be able to take a detail macro shot  of the voltage regulators. I'm curious what Marto has used since it looks like some Infineon FETs. Just wanted to check it out

So pics if you can or chip package number if you can't?
Activity: 504
Cheers for this chap now have a much clearer picture of what I'm getting soon.
Qeu
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Would it be possible to run 25 hex4m boards from a single netbook/laptop/pc, of course with the necessary usb hubs?
Activity: 728
Great review as always

Will the new boards have 2 or 3 power connectors?
2 is enough
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
Great review as always

Will the new boards have 2 or 3 power connectors?
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
Thanks for the interesting review 2Good. Your original review of the Hex16A2 was one of the things that convinced me to give it a try last year, and I'm glad to say that thanks to marto and bobsag's efforts to help out after the BlackCrap Arrow failure, I'm now eagerly awaiting delivery of my Hex4M boards. Nice to have a bit of background insight before they land.
Activity: 728
Great review as always
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Excellent review as always Wink

But please do not recommend to use Pi at all. The main issue with Pi is that Ethernet is hooked up to USB internal switch. In other words Ethernet is sharing same interrupt with USB by hardware design. Which is a big disaster for heavy USB I/O.
How bad would this be? Are we talking a dead pi in months or something else?
We are talking about underperforming USB miners in general - no matter if they are technobit miners or other brand. The condition is Pi USB to be used as communication point. However some other manufactures use SPI for communication. In Pi SPI case i do not know if it works or not.

The minor issue is that after a couple power offs / ons Pi etas SD card. You need to reinstall whole thing Wink
It is personal opinion of course
Big folks are using beaglebone.... Wink
So beaglebone doesn't have this issue? I know it has mining OS for it and this should be compatible, i may need to pick one up. I am not a fan of networking and miners to be honest (although i may need to convert).
Pick up tplink for Technobit products Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Nice review.

Have you tested it undervolted to 0.6V?

Wondering if it can go anywhere near 0.5w/gh at the wall like BA claims.

Thank You

I tried 700Mhz at 0.70v it was hashing with ~260GH and some HW errors, but can't recall the consumption, if you give some settings I'll be glad to test the undervolt capabilities.

Not sure what the clock freq should be at 0.6v. Maybe try ~500MHz?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Great review  Smiley , bottom heatsink is a  nice surprise   Cool
Pages:
Jump to: