Pages:
Author

Topic: TECHNOBIT's HEX16A in hand - first impressions / mining software - page 3. (Read 24122 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Mine is connected through an older version of cgminer and a Raspberry Pi, not a PC (see above).

Has been hashing away ever since. Didn't hang once....

RasPi is more power efficient too (just at the same PSU - but then 5V - as the HEX16 is connected on 12V), just a few Watts (instead of the 100's a PC uses).

I'd recommend to get you a RasPi for a few bucks...

Good luck with it anyway!

TPLINK TL-MR3020 more cheap then  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.
Mine is connected through an older version of cgminer and a Raspberry Pi, not a PC (see above).

Has been hashing away ever since. Didn't hang once....

RasPi is more power efficient too (just at the same PSU - but then 5V - as the HEX16 is connected on 12V), just a few Watts (instead of the 100's a PC uses).

I'd recommend to get you a RasPi for a few bucks...

Good luck with it anyway!
legendary
Activity: 1162
I have some of these running and they need constant monitoring as they randomly stop mining throughout the day. I have the latest cgminer with patch but same issue and the only way to get them back is reboot the pc. Any ideas? It is a huge pain in the ass.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Had same experience under windows, solved it by using ubuntu.
Works great now and stable.
oh, and using version 3.6.1 of cgminer, rest of versions i could not get it to work with.
legendary
The link to the download of hexminer doesn't seem to be correct anymore.

My hexminers seem to keep disconnecting from USB constantly... Not sure what's going on here...

Anyone get an issue like this?

Link HEXMiner 1.0.0.3

Yes, i had similar experience too. If you insist to run the miner on windows, you can install linux on virtual pc then use cgminer  Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
The link to the download of hexminer doesn't seem to be correct anymore.

My hexminers seem to keep disconnecting from USB constantly... Not sure what's going on here...

Anyone get an issue like this?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
hello please I need help setting up my maquinas.pueden explain?
legendary
Patch for 3.6.1 wil not work on other version or vice versa.
Patch for cgminer 3.10.0 that uploaded by technobit 0.1.5

or

Uploaded by me that work with wget command https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fgzi8sux0qltlm/87f0213112a3c69e2c55160b9c674b9de2cde996_u.patch

Thanks Zich, its good to have for next time I compile CG.

Grin
Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

or

Uploaded by me that work with wget command https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fgzi8sux0qltlm/87f0213112a3c69e2c55160b9c674b9de2cde996_u.patch

Thanks Zich, its good to have for next time I compile CG.
legendary

Super,

Just an advise use latest cgminer 3.10.0 the patch is available on technobit site. You will do it like piece of cake. Apart of jokes 3.6.1 is buggy Smiley it is highly recommended to switch to latest

I could not see a download patch for 3.10.0, does the 3.6.1 patch work on 3.10 ?

not that it matters as am still waiting on boards, but nice to know should they ever turn up..

or

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

Super,

Just an advise use latest cgminer 3.10.0 the patch is available on technobit site. You will do it like piece of cake. Apart of jokes 3.6.1 is buggy Smiley it is highly recommended to switch to latest

I could not see a download patch for 3.10.0, does the 3.6.1 patch work on 3.10 ?

not that it matters as am still waiting on boards, but nice to know should they ever turn up..
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
I have some problem... i cant mine zetacoin...

If i go to bitcoin there is no problem

But in p2pool.org - zetacoin... dont work

Does anyone know why?
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
Problem solved!

I edited cgminer.conf file - to include my miner-worker details - in the GUI and copied it (also in the GUI) from the directory cgminer-hex16a-3.6.1 to the directory cgminer-3.6.1

In the directory cgminer-3.6.1 i ran cgminer with: sudo ./cgminer -c ./cgminer.conf

Works like a charm, even with another Butterfly labs miner connected next to the Technobit one.

Thanks Souspeed! (I sent you a "virtual drink" through "the block chain", cheers!)

You just made me smile!

Glad to see it's working.
My first beer this Friday will be on you, Cheers!

Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
The HEX16A2 can mine any virtual coin or can mine only bitcoin?

ALL Bitcoin ASIC devices can mine any double SHA256 coin, they can NOT mine scrypt based coins.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
The HEX16A2 can mine any virtual coin or can mine only bitcoin?
legendary
In the mean time, this is what worked for me, both with the Technobit as well as the Butterflylabs ASIC (apart and together):

Code:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install autoconf yasm pkg-config make libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8082585/cg/cgminer-hex16a-3.6.1.tar.gz  

tar -xvf cgminer-hex16a-3.6.1.tar.gz

sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config yasm make

wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.6.1.tar.gz

tar -xvf v3.6.1.tar.gz

cd cgminer-3.6.1

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8082585/cg/cgminer_3_6_1_rev_fe5da9672767e18116444dad18db54638936490a.patch

patch < cgminer_3_6_1_rev_fe5da9672767e18116444dad18db54638936490a.patch

./autogen.sh --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-avalon --enable-hexminer --enable-bflsc --enable-icarus

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-avalon --enable-hexminer --enable-bflsc --enable-icarus

make

sudo ./cgminer -n

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42933939/cgminer.conf

nano cgminer.conf

sudo ./cgminer -c ./cgminer.conf

Happy hashing!
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
Then I: apt-get install autoconf libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config yasm make

AND HERE IT STOPS FOR ME WITH THE MESSAGE:
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

You should start with sudo:

Code:
sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config yasm make
legendary
Activity: 1610
Problem solved!

I edited cgminer.conf file - to include my miner-worker details - in the GUI and copied it (also in the GUI) from the directory cgminer-hex16a-3.6.1 to the directory cgminer-3.6.1

In the directory cgminer-3.6.1 i ran cgminer with: sudo ./cgminer -c ./cgminer.conf

Works like a charm, even with another Butterfly labs miner connected next to the Technobit one.

Thanks Souspeed! (I sent you a "virtual drink" through "the block chain", cheers!)

You just made me smile!

Glad to see it's working.
My first beer this Friday will be on you, Cheers!

Super,

legendary
Problem solved!

legendary
Cool, thank you for taking the time to reply.

It worked! And I go through the rest of the tutorial. At the end I check if the HEX board is detected with:

sudo ./cgminer -n

and I get the confirmation: 1 known USB devices

Now I return to the "run cgminer with:"

sudo ./cgminer -c ./cgminer.conf

But I get the error: unable to open ./cgminer.conf: No such file or directory

OK so i cd and I cd cgminer-hax16a-3.6.1 where there is such a file.

I try to copy it by: cp cgminer.conf /cgminer-3.6.1

But no luck: cp: cannot create regular file '/cgminer-3.6.1': Permission denied

Ah; add 'sudo'... No error, but also no file in the directory cgminer-3.6.1 ?!? Also no file after 'ls' or even 'sudo ls'...

I know, I said I'm a newbie... Sorry!

But: please help!

Pages:
Jump to: