Pages:
Author

Topic: technocashier.com scam or legit? - page 2. (Read 6263 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 25, 2012, 04:12:33 PM
Looks like they're scamming people for small sums of money too now. Avoid at all costs I say.
Activity: 11
December 25, 2012, 06:36:12 AM
On VFS Network:

December 13th, 2012
Technocashier is no longer an accredited member of the VFS Network. The business model of Technocashier no longer meets our requirements.

So yeah, they are a scam.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
December 24, 2012, 05:21:00 PM
They took me for nearly $13K.

Bitcoin is starting to pressure these digital currency exchanges.  

Where they used to get 6%, or 8% to convert funds, they instead are now facing competitors like AurumXChange, which takes a minimal fee (1% for LR --> Mt. Gox,  2.5% for Mt. Gox --> LR).    So some of them turn to running scams (or increase the level of scamming they perform).

If they only scam the larger transactions, they can keep their long confidence game going (by processing successfully the smaller transactions, which gives the customers confidence to continue using the service except with larger transactions.  That works until one day, bam! Scammed.)
Activity: 9
December 24, 2012, 04:19:22 PM
They took me for nearly $13K. I started a new thread before I saw this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/large-technocashiercom-scam-133158
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 07, 2012, 11:43:23 PM
warning you as well to stay away from technocashier. I tried to exchange $100 from LR to Paxum with them, and, well, after 6 weeks, several complaints to the VFS Network(who are kind of a certifier for exchangers/e-money), and harrassing them on a daily basis with new ICQ accounts they finally paid.

technocashier might not directly be a scam, but they surely are shady, not doing proper business, and I for myself will not exchange my money through them again.

The whole thing started at the end of june. Support stops answering via jabber or mail.
If you don't want to lose your money ... DON'T exchange it at technocashier.com, or your money is gone!

You need to create new jabber/mail accounts, as they usually /ignore you really quick. Also, complain about them with VFS. (http://vfs-network.com/members.html)
Activity: 58
September 07, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
4.5 million USD as cash in Kiev? Are these guys serious?
Activity: 58
September 07, 2012, 04:29:05 PM
Whether legit or not, seems that their reserves are unnecessarily large in most cases. Seems like a good place for Romney to start changing his cash for bitcoin!
Activity: 1
September 07, 2012, 02:40:05 PM
Hi,

I'm here, to warn you about technocashier.com, sent 1400$ in exchange for 1000€ PSC. I received more invalid codes than valid. Over all, I just received about 90€. I wanted to cancel the rest of the exchange, because it really didn't work. This was the moment, where the support stopped talking to me. So they took about 900€ for me.
 The whole thing started at the end of june. Support stops answering via jabber or mail.
If you don't want to lose your money ... DON'T exchange it at technocashier.com, or your money is gone!

Exchange started end of june, i wanted to post this much earlier (here and on other boards), but couldn't due a lack of time. After I announced at the technocashier support to make this case public, they told me to open a ticket ... guess what? No Answer!

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
August 23, 2012, 05:29:44 PM
question as topic: Is technocashier.com scam or legit?

You know, it isn't like there aren't enough scams around here, but can't this question be asked in a less accusatory way?  [Edit: Apparently not in this instance, as there are numerous reports of it being a scam.]

Like ...
"Does anyone have any experience with Technocashier.com?"

When you walk by a bank... do they have signs in the window "No scams here!"  ?

No, of course not.

So why pollute our forum this way?  

Now if you actually have a reason to call scam, ... then there's an appropriate place for that.

Activity: 14
August 23, 2012, 12:51:43 PM
question as topic: Is technocashier.com scam or legit?
Pages:
Jump to: