Pages:
Author

Topic: Telegram abandons TON - page 3. (Read 424 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
May 12, 2020, 06:41:31 PM
This is where centralized authorities show their real power over decentralization. The SEC just got a chance and they never let the TON network win the battle because they knew that it can't and won't work out as a security and allowing it may be unfair to those other projects which got rejected by SEC in the past for almost same reasons. I'm surprised actually how these money-hungry people (SEC) even allowed it to develop in the US for such a long time. I'd have definitely bought and traded this considering that it's a token from one of my favorite decentralized medium.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
May 12, 2020, 06:32:46 PM
Link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-telegram-abandons-telegram-open-network-and-gram-tokens

Well, i can't say that was unexpected. But looking backwards how do you feel, was that a smart move to do the business like Pavel Durov did?
As we remember, back in 2017 a huge part of ICOs were unavailable for US residents just because devs could be fucked by SEC. Then they started all their TON things in US and obviously got fucked.

Ofcourse TON network would be launched and somehow maintained, but imho generaly this is RIP.
TON used to be a currency, supported by an  application that in some parts of the world could overtake facebook facebook. It could seriously push crypto adoption but now in the best case it would only be popular inside cryptocommunity.

RIP
Pages:
Jump to: