Pages:
Author

Topic: Telegram, Signal reportedly developing digital coins - page 2. (Read 301 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
AFAIK telegram already launched their ICO last year and its ticker was 'TON'.

They collected around $1.7B as per google says but right now, there's not that much attention after that huge collection.

I wonder if the amount is real or just pure manipulation of numbers. The real investors should be complaining in case no progress up until now. But anyway, such creation of their digital coins proves that crypto adoption is really going stronger everyday and that's good for us in the crypto market.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
AFAIK telegram already launched their ICO last year and its ticker was 'TON'.

They collected around $1.7B as per google says but right now, there's not that much attention after that huge collection.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
It seems like they have been creating such coin just because they see bitcoin at a growing stage.
I would not invest money or time and effort with this or it will just be a waste.

A project created from envy will just go down or will not even get up.
Let us support bitcoin directly so that this new creators of coins will see that we are just supporting bitcoin and not them.
You could already see the purpose of it from far away.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
We have to keep in mind that all of this companies announced they will create their own digital coins, not cryptocurrencies so there is no reason to talk about this here. If they are going to create coins that run on their own blockchain ,just like JP Coin then this would not affect cryptocurrency market a lot since they are totally different.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
Yawn. Just like with Facebook's "coin", I would bet a large amount of BTC that neither Telegram's or Signal's new "coin" will be cryptocurrency at all. They will be entirely centralized, and in all likelihood the company in question will retain complete power to reverse transactions, intervene in disputes, and freeze accounts if you are doing something they don't like. I doubt they will even use blockchain, and if they do, it will be a private one with only a handful of nodes all controlled by said company, and therefore next to pointless.

They will call them cryptocurrencies, and no doubt many people will believe them, but they will just be more centralized trash.
Activity: 186
Merit: 12
Aside from Facebook’s digital coin for their WhatsApp messaging platform, Telegram and Signal are also among the messaging platforms developing their own digital coins.

More info here: https://www.unblock.news/news/telegram-signal-reportedly-developing-digital-coins
Pages:
Jump to: