Pages:
Author

Topic: Tesla a solution to the problem or a distraction from it. - page 2. (Read 1213 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I believe horses are the solution. See, it took decades for combustion engine cars to become cheaper to "drive" than horses. I think we should go back to horses.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Tesla's only one manufacturer. The electric car certainly helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but it isn't for everybody. I guess that to many city-dwellers, the electric car is appropriate.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
I came to this topic thinking to find something related to Nikola Tesla but, as it seems, Tesla happens to represent only that car factory.
So disappointing
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
They can do 50 mph. That's about 49 more than I'd feel safe doing. I used to see them quite often in the loony left parts of London. I wouldn't fancy my chances in a cat fight with a bus or granny with a zimmer frame for that matter.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

What's wrong with him? Good car. Maneuverability, discreet, compact)

Have you ever looked over one of these things? They're based on French microcars and they're exempt from car safety standards. In the UK they're classed as a quadricycle whatever that is.

The dashboard is made of what appears to be the stuff they make egg cartons from, you can flex it by about 12 inches in either direction. The chassis is a spaceframe made from the same tubing they make school chairs from. I would not want to have my life changing crash in one of those things.

Maybe they only have a top speed of 10 km/h lol
legendary
Welt Am Draht

Have you ever looked over one of these things? They're based on French microcars and they're exempt from car safety standards. In the UK they're classed as a quadricycle whatever that is.

The dashboard is made of what appears to be the stuff they make egg cartons from, you can flex it by about 12 inches in either direction. The chassis is a spaceframe made from the same tubing they make school chairs from. I would not want to have my life changing crash in one of those things.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
If Tesla really meant it they'd be selling rejuvenated old Fords with recycled washing machine engines. If you ran a twenty year old Hummer for the rest of your life you'd probably have less environmental impact than a new Tesla.

That said, they're removing the excuses people have always made for electric vehicles and actually making them a desirable choice too. That seems almost inconceivable compared to just ten years ago when you had stuff like this to pull the chicks with.  

The electric car does not help to reduce emissions because in order to produce the electricity that you charge your battery power will not harm the nature less.

It does give you chance to centralise power distribution and power's becoming ever less offensive in most parts of the world.

Activity: 240
If Tesla really meant it they'd be selling rejuvenated old Fords with recycled washing machine engines. If you ran a twenty year old Hummer for the rest of your life you'd probably have less environmental impact than a new Tesla.

That said, they're removing the excuses people have always made for electric vehicles and actually making them a desirable choice too. That seems almost inconceivable compared to just ten years ago when you had stuff like this to pull the chicks with.  

The electric car does not help to reduce emissions because in order to produce the electricity that you charge your battery power will not harm the nature less.

It does give you chance to centralise power distribution and power's becoming ever less offensive in most parts of the world.
And who wants to ride on such a machine? Better then the Indian tuk-tuk. Cars should be normal, but with a cheap rod. While I don't know of any electric vehicle that can compete with the classic cars.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 285
I have no electric car, but since they are not widespread, I think that with this technology, something is wrong. But what is do it well. So soon will come up with something else.
all will get a renewable technology that someday in the future. but for me it's been shown a good prospect. car electronics is one of the solutions to reduce vehicle exhaust emissions.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
I have no electric car, but since they are not widespread, I think that with this technology, something is wrong. But what is do it well. So soon will come up with something else.
all will get a renewable technology that someday in the future. but for me it's been shown a good prospect. car electronics is one of the solutions to reduce vehicle exhaust emissions.
Activity: 261
Activity: 490
Merit: 252
http://VKcams.com/
any prospects for electric cars?

Yes, and it call Nissan-Renault.
Activity: 255
I think that electric cars are not the way out. Without cheapening the cost drive people to them will not change. And now the battery maintenance is the same how much it costs to drive on gasoline.

On petrol is much more expensive work. I'm sure electrocars - this is the future. No pollution. I even plan to buy shares of the company
I do not advise. First, calculate how much you have enough battery and how much it costs to replace it. Then you consider how much you will save on gasoline. Think of the savings will not.
Activity: 621
Merit: 500
I think that electric cars are not the way out. Without cheapening the cost drive people to them will not change. And now the battery maintenance is the same how much it costs to drive on gasoline.

On petrol is much more expensive work. I'm sure electrocars - this is the future. No pollution. I even plan to buy shares of the company
Activity: 255
Maybe you need to change the principle of electricity generation for cars. Not the battery, and some sort of machine on cheap fuel.
Activity: 234
Activity: 258
Expensive battery life and difficulty recharging will not allow it to compete with traditional engines. Are there any prospects for electric cars?
Pages:
Jump to: