Pages:
Author

Topic: Testing a 220VA Wall Socket? - page 3. (Read 603 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
February 14, 2019, 01:11:57 AM
First, learn the basics. It's 220 Volts, not volt amperes.

Second, get the access to the breaker box.

Third, keep measuring the voltage and turn off one MCB at the time to figure out which MCB is feeding your stove electric socket. When you successfully cut off the electricity, you'll know which MCB it is.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
February 13, 2019, 11:34:09 PM
Not going to lie this just sounds like a bad plan.

There is really no way to find out your breaker size, without testing it for a trip. This is not ideal as it's a safety not a toy.

So unless you know for sure that everything was installed strictly to code, and you know the local electrical standards, there is no way to be certain. Not likely but they could put a 15 amp breaker there or a 100 amp breaker, one would trip all the time being undersized and the other wouldn't provide any protection.

Perhaps you could explain your situation and what's available and we could toss you some ideas.
Activity: 80
Merit: 26
February 13, 2019, 11:18:26 PM
Hey. I have a 220VA wall socket for my stove. But I don't get access to the breaker box. How can I verify the amperase of that plug?
I want to make sure I can run both the stove and an Antminer on it. So I need to know what kind of wattage I can get out of it. Are there some sort of tester or meter I can plug in?
Pages:
Jump to: