Pages:
Author

Topic: Tether - page 2. (Read 250 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 102
February 14, 2018, 01:11:25 PM
Tether is worth $1 and have been worth $1 for 99.99% of the times. that makes it special.

but "most people" don't use it because it is shady and it is risky although it may seem convenient at times. the company behind it is printing more and more of it like mad men and if some day that company (which is the owner of bitfinex also) disappears Tether will disappear with them.

The only reason people think that is because of the current on going investigations, but they have reason to suspect shady business. Tell me, why would a company who has a transparent blockchain not hand over records right away and say here look 1:1 dollars in every account; it is all there accounted for. I will tell you why, it is because they probably don't have it and for that reason I stay very clear of this weird token.
Activity: 273
Merit: 15
February 14, 2018, 01:07:58 PM
I think tether like a fiat, The price is stable and USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like other cryptocurrency, you can transact and store tethers with any Omni Layer enabled wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
February 14, 2018, 01:07:08 PM
Tether is worth $1 and have been worth $1 for 99.99% of the times. that makes it special.

but "most people" don't use it because it is shady and it is risky although it may seem convenient at times. the company behind it is printing more and more of it like mad men and if some day that company (which is the owner of bitfinex also) disappears Tether will disappear with them.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
Only a stable course. This is usability for the average user during the big volatility of markets. They say that exchanges use it for other purposes.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
This is a very convenient way to send your dollars between exchanges. Many also use tether for arbitrage trading.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
February 14, 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Everything is very simple. Once you start trading on the stock exchanges, you will realize that you need such an instrument to save money. And this tool is Tether, it allows you to fix your deposit in USDT.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 12:39:15 PM
What is the speciality of tether?Why most people use it?
Pages:
Jump to: