Pages:
Author

Topic: Texas bitcoin miners halt operations to save energy during heat wave - page 2. (Read 305 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
1 000 MW?
At 3.3kw per machine that would be 300k asics? 30 exa? 15% of the hashrate?
Where am I making the mistake? And If I don't, $$ eyes!Wow, the diff is down to 95% pace, is this actually real??? Inserting $$ eyes again!

Now, the other part, does this mean Texas has 15% of the hashrate?

Nothing wrong with the math, but we can't go with the assumption that 100% of the 1000mw is S19s and the equivalent, and thus there is no way that 1000MW is producing 30 Exahash, also some or many of them could be overclocked, and thus losing efficiency, also since the 17 series and the same generation of what's miner are almost half as efficient, allow me to throw 20 exahash at the wall.

But hey, let's pray for a pretty damn warm summer in Texas, I mean nothing is wrong about making more money getting more Vitamin D.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
“There are over 1,000 megawatts worth of Bitcoin mining load that responded to ERCOTs conservation request by turning off their machines to conserve energy for the grid.” Lee Bratcher, president of Texas Blockchain Council told Bloomberg.

1 000 MW?
At 3.3kw per machine that would be 300k asics? 30 exa? 15% of the hashrate?
Where am I making the mistake? And If I don't, $$ eyes!Wow, the diff is down to 95% pace, is this actually real??? Inserting $$ eyes again!

Now, the other part, does this mean Texas has 15% of the hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitcoin miners in Texas (Riot Blockchain, Argo Blockchain and Core Scientific) have suspended operations and answered the call to conserve energy and spare the Lone Star State’s fragile power grid as demand has soared during an intense heat wave.
“There are over 1,000 megawatts worth of Bitcoin mining load that responded to ERCOTs conservation request by turning off their machines to conserve energy for the grid.” Lee Bratcher, president of Texas Blockchain Council told Bloomberg.

more details: https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/texas-bitcoin-miners-halt-operations-to-save-energy-amid-heat-wave/

good info I was looking for something like this.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
Bitcoin miners in Texas (Riot Blockchain, Argo Blockchain and Core Scientific) have suspended operations and answered the call to conserve energy and spare the Lone Star State’s fragile power grid as demand has soared during an intense heat wave.

more details: https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/texas-bitcoin-miners-halt-operations-to-save-energy-amid-heat-wave/
Pages:
Jump to: