Pages:
Author

Topic: Text spinning/disguised plagiarism - page 2. (Read 485 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
July 22, 2018, 05:58:41 AM
Perma-ban. It is plagiarism. There is no reason for it. It has no constructive purpose in conversation. It is either shills using it to bump their scam ICO or BOTs that use a random phrase generator.

http://projects.wsj.com/buzzwords2014/#p=4%7C%7C21,23%7C%7C0%7C%7C0

It sometimes sounds funny but the Haiku buzz phrases / Dogecoin style nonsense are just bots using a buzzword generator.

https://github.com/nickmccurdy/buzzword-generator

It would good to be tougher on the ICO's that pay for those shills / bots to post that crap.
Activity: 84
Merit: 6
July 22, 2018, 05:00:18 AM
they should be banned for a short duration with barning or maybe both accounts belong to the same person.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 22, 2018, 04:59:22 AM
Would reporting such disguised posts would also result in users getting banned?
AFAIK, using someone else's template is equal to copying it partially so its end result, shouldn't be any different (same applies to users that tend to translate someone else's post into other languages).
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078
July 22, 2018, 04:45:40 AM
Compared to users copying posts exactly as they are, a greater number of users are indulging in text spinning/disguised plagiarism and getting away with spamming. The post might match 90% with the original or even 50%, but when compared, it's quite evident that it's a disguised copy of another user's post with some words changed and whatsoever no originality. For example:

coin costs preserve to fall sharply due to interventions from governments. In Korea, government are nonetheless considering viable closure of virtual forex flooring. no matter the closure of the digital foreign money floor last year, China nevertheless has greater aggressive measures against the digital foreign money enterprise.

In my opinion, coin prices continue to fall sharply because of interventions from governments. In Korea, authorities are still considering possible closure of virtual currency trading floors. Despite the closure of the virtual currency floor last year, China still has more aggressive measures against the virtual currency industry.

A newbie's better attempt at disguised plagiarism.

That is the thing that I thought multi month back. Be that as it may, now I question it. ETH's benefit is declining. Vitalik will lessen the reward for excavators by 80%. This can altogether diminish the ubiquity of these coins. I expect the cost of Eth against the dollar may increment however in connection to btc I expect a further decrease in the cost.

That's what I thought a month ago. But now I doubt it. ETH's profitability is declining. Vitalik is going to reduce the reward for miners by 80%. This can significantly reduce the popularity of these coins. I expect the price of Eth against the dollar may increase but in relation to btc I expect a further decline in the price.

Be it copying exactly or disguising it and posting, the end result is the same, unoriginal spam post. Would reporting such disguised posts would also result in users getting banned?

Edit: I reported these posts and the newbie account got banned, the other one is unhandled, and since three of the users I had reported on LoyceV's thread using same tactics got banned, probably this user will get banned.
Pages:
Jump to: