Pages:
Author

Topic: Thank you Millennials for screwing the world. - page 2. (Read 1825 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
I understand your sentiment against ETH, but can you really blame it on a generation of mostly 20-somethings? I'm sure there are plenty of Gen X or Boomer investors in ETH.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I don't care how technically superior it is, I don't care if the price rocketed. ETH has always been a project funded by banks secretly to make a Bitcoin that the banks could live with i.e. Unlimited supply, ability to make tokens or currency out of thin air, derivatives, track everyones money etc.

Well now you fuckwits just got out of your debt slavery from college and now have put the biggest slavery noose around the worlds neck you utter morons.

Bitcoin was to set the world free, ETH is to enslave us. Just remember when your kids are suffering and pulled into wars and death you were the generation that sold them down the river for your handful of beans. Now you pushed it enough the mainstream fools are now buying it. slow hand clap. Well fucking done Millennials.

Care to explain your reasoning instead of just ranting... we are listening... you are entitled to your opinion and free speech.

Please do share your reasons why you feel the way you do, I am not saying I disagree just keeping an open mind. Its always great to hear a different perspective that you may have not consider...

I already did? Unlimited supply. Deriveratives. Even early members of team were ex goldman sachs emplyees...you know that right?

Do you think someone with vitaliks social life just bumped into ex goldman sach traders in best buy.lol  Vitaliks ideas were co-opt ed buy banks. Eth is a banks wet dream compared to bitcoin which is rat poison with a capped supply. All that negative press anput bitcoon disappeared once eth got going. Before then bitcoiners were practically domestic terrorists with arrests and prison time given out like candy. Do.you honestly think those in poower would let a tech that took their entire power base away?

The only reason no one wants to hear this is cause they are making money. Your children will bear the brunt of your decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Blockchain is here to stay

Wrong, and this is a phrase constantly spammed by Ethereum and R3 banker shill accounts.  Neither proof of work or proof of stake have solved ANYTHING dealing with decentralization and that is what their entire valuation is supposed to be based on.  All of this crap can go poof in an instant when it has no fundamentals to hold it up.  Both proof of work and proof of stake should be relabeled "proof of monopoly" because that is the only thing it proves.

The only winner of this will be whoever liquidates cryptocurrency at the top for silver or gold.  It's just that nobody knows what the top will be.  And yes, they are all going to implode because none of them are decentralized or have even a remote trace of a Nash equilibrium.  They only survive right now as a function of regulatory arbitrage, which is an untenable position due to how easy it is for the state to co-opt cryptocurrency or regulate it into the ground.  

The government doesn't like competition so those are the only two possible outcomes:  regulated into the ground where it's the same as fiat or completely co-opted by the state.  It requires very few resources for governments to monitor and attack activities online (cryptocurrency), while it takes them orders of magnitude higher power and resources to defeat regulatory arbitrage in the real world space (peer to peer gold and silver physical transactions).  

None of the network activity in cryptocurrency is obfuscated, transactions are non-fungible with everything recorded, and the mining pools are enormous attack vectors as well.  The whole thing is a giant rat trap at this point to be completely at the mercy of whatever the state decides.  Both gold and silver are a hedge against the state and cryptocurrency is not.
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
I'm doubtful it's all, or even a majority of millenials who are riding the current boom, most of them didn't have the money to invest in mining or buy in  Grin

Seriously though, Ether has utility, Bitcoin has utility (and is still a massive value store), NEITHER provide anonymity, and both have some serious issues to be concerned with.

That said there's PLENTY of booming projects that still have great promise in anonymity and freedom: Monero, ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, Zcoin, well really it seems just about anything starting with a Z. 

Blockchain is here to stay, companies and governments are going to use and abuse it, like they always have with any other technology they can benefit from.  That doesn't mean the benefits to those who value freedom and anonymity are destroyed, just don't put YOUR money in ETH and you'll be just fine.

I think well said... I agree 100% with your sentiment if you don't like don't buy it.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
I'm doubtful it's all, or even a majority of millenials who are riding the current boom, most of them didn't have the money to invest in mining or buy in  Grin

Seriously though, Ether has utility, Bitcoin has utility (and is still a massive value store), NEITHER provide anonymity, and both have some serious issues to be concerned with.

That said there's PLENTY of booming projects that still have great promise in anonymity and freedom: Monero, ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, Zcoin, well really it seems just about anything starting with a Z. 

Blockchain is here to stay, companies and governments are going to use and abuse it, like they always have with any other technology they can benefit from.  That doesn't mean the benefits to those who value freedom and anonymity are destroyed, just don't put YOUR money in ETH and you'll be just fine.
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
I don't care how technically superior it is, I don't care if the price rocketed. ETH has always been a project funded by banks secretly to make a Bitcoin that the banks could live with i.e. Unlimited supply, ability to make tokens or currency out of thin air, derivatives, track everyones money etc.

Well now you fuckwits just got out of your debt slavery from college and now have put the biggest slavery noose around the worlds neck you utter morons.

Bitcoin was to set the world free, ETH is to enslave us. Just remember when your kids are suffering and pulled into wars and death you were the generation that sold them down the river for your handful of beans. Now you pushed it enough the mainstream fools are now buying it. slow hand clap. Well fucking done Millennials.

Care to explain your reasoning instead of just ranting... we are listening... you are entitled to your opinion and free speech.

Please do share your reasons why you feel the way you do, I am not saying I disagree just keeping an open mind. Its always great to hear a different perspective that you may have not consider...
Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Pages:
Jump to: