Pages:
Author

Topic: Thanks button and more - page 3. (Read 469 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
December 20, 2023, 08:40:55 AM
More added features will only make it more complicated. I'd rather see this forum stay simple. I think the "thank you button" isn't necessary anymore. As what @Nwada001 have commented,  a merit is already enough to say thank you.

This is a big forum, and if you explored well, you'll see some useful threads that are full of merits, that's  coming from the members saying thank you the information shared by OP. You idea is appreciated but let's keep this forum simple.  

@Op, you are a newbie, first you need to read the forum rules so you'll not violate it, then you can make suggestions.
Activity: 490
Merit: 484
December 20, 2023, 08:40:48 AM
It's not necessary to have thanks button, you can thank anyone by quoting all the posts (if you want) in one post, that's totally fine.

If you keep spamming the comment section, you can either get tagged or get your account banned, and then you might no longer be allowed to do anything.
That's not going to happen, red tagged someone because of spam isn't appropriate, neutral tag isn't necessary too in this case. There's a rule if you joined signature campaign and spam, you will get temporary banned. But there are many signature spammers and they're not get banned, while @OP isn't even wear paid signature.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
December 20, 2023, 08:35:02 AM
You're suggestion is great to avoid spam but what you doing is not allowed read this below

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

You should next time learn how to use insert quotes and edit your post because it's considered spam.

And I don't think it's a good idea to add a thanks button I'm sure there are many scammer who will abuse this to make their thread/post look legit.
wez
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
December 20, 2023, 07:48:13 AM
To add another point:

Being on x.com for a while i notice a different view of posting messages online.

i have used forums a lot so the rules are almost embedded in my brain now, but i dont want that. thats not me.

so now that i post here, i feel that a lot of rules are just strict. very strict. why?

What's the point of following orders when we fight for a cyberpunk coin?

shouldnt we destroy this forum?

And by destroying i would much rather let it grow and improve for other people to use.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
December 20, 2023, 07:46:10 AM
The best way to say thank you is to merit the person's post, and that's it.
I think he is talking about himself and he has no merit. There are sometimes a newbie will thank the user that gives answer to his question and moderators will not do anything about it as long as the person do not turn it to spam.

But it is good to know that you do not have to thank anyone on this forum unnecessarily. But if you ask a question and your question is answered perfectly, you can thank the person that provide the solution if you do not have merit to give.
wez
December 20, 2023, 07:42:11 AM
https://i.i mgur.com/Ua7cfQI.png (extra report (no information what other img host i should use instead)):https://i.im gur.com/LOUbQFb.png

example here:
https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/contact-us.321793/
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
December 20, 2023, 07:41:04 AM
The best way to say thank you is to merit the person's post, and that's it.

If you keep spamming the comment section, you can either get tagged or get your account banned, and then you might no longer be allowed to do anything.
wez
December 20, 2023, 07:39:17 AM
Otherwise i would keep spamming the forum thanking them for the post

also the more emoticons better
Pages:
Jump to: