Pages:
Author

Topic: Thanks USA! - page 4. (Read 4497 times)

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2012, 09:15:25 AM
Please explain or use [sarc] tags where applicable. Smiley

As a non-American who took a passing interest in the elections because of the hype, I had a look at 2 of the debates, and thought Romney to be generally more articulate, better prepared, more knowledgeable than Obama. As for Obama, I expected Gitmo to be closed by now, all troops removed from AfghanisNam, no threatening rhetoric or sanctions against Iran, no stealth war against Pakistan, and Bradley Manning to get away with a warning or a small fine.

But still... better the devil you know?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
November 07, 2012, 09:03:27 AM
The rest of the world can't thank you enough for keeping Obama as president. Your politics affects others countries, and I really feel like we dodge a bullet here. Not that Obama is awesome, but mainly because Romney was beyond awful and I had a hard time believing you were not able to find a better challenger.

Also, legal marijuana in Washington and Colorado, and gay marriage in Maine and Maryland? Woah! Welcome to the 21th century, I'm really impressed.  Grin
Romney would have been disastrous for the whole world, let alone internally. I was personally quite scared when Romney took an early lead, but then relieved when Obama stormed back.
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
November 07, 2012, 08:56:31 AM
The rest of the world can't thank you enough for keeping Obama as president. Your politics affects others countries, and I really feel like we dodge a bullet here. Not that Obama is awesome, but mainly because Romney was beyond awful and I had a hard time believing you were not able to find a better challenger.

Also, legal marijuana in Washington and Colorado, and gay marriage in Maine and Maryland? Woah! Welcome to the 21th century, I'm really impressed.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: