Pages:
Author

Topic: That's it, I've lost hope in the future of crypto currencies... - page 4. (Read 4102 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Feathercoin was a bad joke that spiraled out of control thanks to Vircurex and BTC-E being greedy basement operations that would blow a donkey if you stapled a dollar bill to it's taint. Either of those joke-exchanges would list their moms tampons if they could make money off the trade.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Sure man, if making me part of the problem helps you sleep at night then good. The truth is that shitcoins are winning the race. I already mined 4x more BTC than I usually do in a day. It's so easy it's ridiculous.

1. Join FTC Pool and mine.
2. Transfer to BTC-e and exchange for BTC.
3. 4x as much profit as if I mined BTC.

My opinion is that the fact that this is so easy done will eventualy make all coins lose legitimacy including BTC

It just means that mining too is an interesting game, kudos for you for finding a lucrative vein of bitcoin to mine in the alt-mountains.

-MarkM-

I think anyone with half a brain can do this, shit's gonna eventually hit the fan and it sucks.

I originally joined the mining for fun and to make it a real currency because I have my own business wich gives me enough to have a comfortable live, however I've always hated the Fiat Scam.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
mine anything even if it is a dickcoin as long as some idiot is willing to threw his money on it . pump and dump

after all I have no idea what am I doing here, I saw a new coin every few months than every weeks now it is every day, and we will soon see many every day .

it is copy paste , Bitcoiners hated LTC now I am hating everything

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Ymer, don't let these guys change your opinon. I completely agree with you and there are a lot of others that feel the same way.. Alt coins have gone to shit with all these new guys just in it for the quick cash.

The previous posters wont admit it but Litecoin was an improvement from Bitcoin. The new coins are just blatant rip offs from Litecoins improvements and success.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Sure man, if making me part of the problem helps you sleep at night then good. The truth is that shitcoins are winning the race. I already mined 4x more BTC than I usually do in a day. It's so easy it's ridiculous.

My opinion is that the fact that this is so easy done will eventualy make all coins lose legitimacy including BTC

It just means that mining too is an interesting game, kudos for you for finding a lucrative vein of bitcoin to mine in the alt-mountains.

It means miners who actually play the game instead of sitting back letting pre-determined scripts do all the work, scripts that do not pay attention to where lucrative new veins of bitcoin have been discovered, don't make as many bitcoins as active players like you.

-MarkM-
Activity: 7
Merit: 502
What was that original purpose, exactly?  And why is that purpose lost?

I was going to ask those same questions.  

Bottom line, if you are in it for the money... great.  The fact is that you are in it.  More people knowing about crypto currency - any of them - is, I believe, one of the goals to end the fiat currency domination.

Alt coins, IMHO, are like trading coins.  Just like real collector coins, I can't use them for anything, but I can sell them, collect them, and trade them.  So, they have a purpose.

Bitcoin might become the 'money' coin.  I hope so, it has a solid following.  Other coins might become the trading market, which like in the tangible goods trading market, is quite large.

Shit is in the eye of the beholder - one person see shit, the other fertilizer (which is quite useful).
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Can someone who has the skills (I'm not a coder) finally make a coin creation tool kit?

I'm thinking of something where you just have enter Name, Blocktime, Coins per block, Halving each x Blocks, Sha- or Scrypt Mining press enter and there is your very own Altcoin.

Something like this would hopefully show even the last guy the ridiculousness of this.

Is this feasible? Should we collect a bounty for this?
LTC was never pumped and had no marketing with shills on forums

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.  The fact is, this is exactly what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro. As I said I'll join the shitcoin fad and make profit.

And that's fine.  I'm just sayin' you lose the right to bitch and moan about it the second you said anything about LTC.  You helped CREATE this problem.  No one will blame you for just pumpin' and dumpin' all the scamcoins, but you don't get the right to whine about it.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
The problem that I see is that this situation will eventually drain legitimacy from Bitcoins, if you can go to Vicurex or BTC-e and exchance your shitcoins for Bitcoins puts it on the same level.

No it does not, it simply insulates all the toycoins from the fiat world.

We need a few coins that can be used as gateways to and from fiat so that the game currencies always have options for being able to get market value for your game gear, including game coins, and the coins that can be exchanged directly for fiat serve that purpose.

Given those, we can have fun with all kinds of game forex and game stockmarket and other forms of gambling / gaming without all the crap that accompanies interfacing with fiat.

-MarkM-
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.  The fact is, this is exactly what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro. As I said I'll join the shitcoin fad and make profit.

And that's fine.  I'm just sayin' you lose the right to bitch and moan about it the second you said anything about LTC.  You helped CREATE this problem.  No one will blame you for just pumpin' and dumpin' all the scamcoins, but you don't get the right to whine about it.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
The problem that I see is that this situation will eventually drain legitimacy from Bitcoins, if you can go to Vicurex or BTC-e and exchance your shitcoins for Bitcoins puts it on the same level.

Let people lose their life savings on a game of pump and dump chicken if they want to.  It only makes me more coins.  Alt chains have been around since right after the introduction of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is still 100% alive.
I think it's really funny that people have such a hard time simply ignoring cryptocoins that they don't like.

It's super easy for me...

Point of the post is not that I don't like the coins... it's that the original purpose is lost and now it's all about speculation and who has the best marketing and best connections.
What was that original purpose, exactly?  And why is that purpose lost?  I personally don't care what other cryptocurrencies people are getting involved in or speculating on.  It makes no difference to me, nor does it affect what Bitcoin is all about or the problems that Bitcoin solves.

Send me your address, I'd like to donate some PityCoins.

I lol'd Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I think it's really funny that people have such a hard time simply ignoring cryptocoins that they don't like.

Point of the post is not that I don't like the coins... it's that the original purpose is lost and now it's all about speculation and who has the best marketing and best connections.
What was that original purpose, exactly?  And why is that purpose lost?  I personally don't care what other cryptocurrencies people are getting involved in or speculating on.  It makes no difference to me, nor does it affect what Bitcoin is all about or the problems that Bitcoin solves.

Activity: 151
I think you are just about ready for one more clone: TarCoin. It will be the last clone ever, if successful...

Here you have it announced: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2008039

Please have a look.

Lots of cool bounties.
Activity: 126
Send me your address, I'd like to donate some PityCoins.
Activity: 154
Imagine if somebody wants to control a coin, with so many he can't do any damage.

Stick with BTC and use the rest as alternate ways of escape.
And, doesn't matter how many coins are, for example, I bet nobody will accept bitbars, for me, the value is 0. But I can accept bitcoins if I sell my, for example, videocard.

Pages:
Jump to: