Pages:
Author

Topic: The Altcoin Shilling - page 2. (Read 296 times)

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
January 08, 2020, 09:28:27 PM
Not sure if the person is really associated with the project or is a investor trying to shill but everytime people try to shill or even introduce the coin as such, being a normal user who came across a project and asking for suggestions or comparing it with popular coins, it gets a negative impression for me.
Even if a coin is advanced by technology, the usability depends on the trust by community.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
January 08, 2020, 09:22:40 PM
I will not fall into shilling, although I have done shilling a lot of coins in the past, it's very unwise to just believe just buy the coin because it is being shilled, investors should be wiser than this, he should always look on the potential of the project and if it does bring something to the table and not just become someone post positively about the coin, investors should be wiser now.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
January 08, 2020, 09:21:17 PM
Before there are just lot of shilling things, not only on altcoins but what I saw in some different sections of the forum are websites, some are article websites or trading websites.
I think that person is kindly wise, as I read those quoted posts from him/her, no more directly shilling in that shit titan coin, like he included some cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin, so kindly safe move.
But still, just what OP found, he really into shilling titan coin.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
January 08, 2020, 08:51:15 PM
yupp, good to see others think the same way, a good coin sells itself, dosent NEED shilling
a solid fresh teched coin that has something to offer makes itself known, and dosent have a savage manipulated price  like Titancoin
i remember seeing dudes weeks ago shilling, it scared me right off from touching it haha
Activity: 574
Merit: 18
Making Smart Money Work
January 08, 2020, 02:28:24 PM
Shilling what exactly? Will quit going around posting things about titan coin please? This is not 2017, whatever project is good enough will advertise itself, investors are now smarter don't expect them to start rushing to exchange to buy titan coin
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 08, 2020, 02:14:04 PM
This is the second thread I am going to open that will promote Titan coin, well done shilling it. I for one I have not heard abut it before until now and this is a warning to people only a stupid person would be doing thesame thing and expect different result. If you think the method of 2017  is going to work in 2020, you are a late comer
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
January 08, 2020, 11:49:16 AM
I am in luck to day Cheesy The first two topics I opened in this board is about this titan coin. They are kind of making some good post but it is clear that the end game was to shill the coin.

Here, take a look at the two posts I was talking about

Topic 1
So, I was looking for some altcoins to invest in and many experts here advised me to do my research before investing in any new coin. In fact, most people to whom I asked advice in this regard told me to thoroughly research a new coin before investing in it. Fair enough. So, now my question is how exactly I do that.

I was reading online and found a few blogs that talk about the factors to consider while evaluating a new cryptocurrency or project.  Factors that include research on Crypto coin based on a number of things such as the purpose, use of blockchain, coin economics, usage, team, etc.

Is there anything else that I should be looking for or are these the only factors to consider?

I challenge you to research these coins according to your factors:

Tezos (XTZ)  (Check on coinmarketcap)
ThoreCoin (THR)  (Check on coinmarketcap)
Titan Coin (TTN)  (Check on coinmarketcap)
Binance Coin (BNB)  (Check on coinmarketcap)
Bytom (BTM)   (Check on coinmarketcap)

Let's see who have the best and relevant researching skills in the crypto market.

Comment of OP on the same topic
I have been reading on multiple comunities and gathering data about the top trending coins for investment. So far, what most people have suggested is that I should invest only in top cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and ETH, because one cannot simply trust the new coins. I agree on that part. But my concern is the high price volatility of these coins. I want to invest in short term and can't afford to take risk with such highly unstable coins.

Many experts have also advised me to do my research before investing in a new coin. I did that and found out about one or two coins which seem really genuine and worth my time and money. For instance, Titan Coin presents a good enough case in the form of an altcoin which works similar to bitcoin.

I also checked announcement thread of titan projects on bitcointalk, according to which they are regularly launching apps, exchange is also coming. What I mean by that is they are progressing in development part and other forums and media are also talking good future about the project.

What is your take on this?

Topic 2
Well, I am thinking about investing in Titan coin. Yeah, I researched on this coin a lot and now the project is delivering the apps, exchanges, offers as they promised earlier.

My current portfolio includes

6K$ = BNB
4K$ = EOS
10K$ = ETH
5K$ = BTC

Total: $25k

Now, I would like to include the titan coin in my portfolio: $5K

6k$ = BNB
4k$ = EOS
5k$ = TTN
5k$ = ETH
5K$ = BTC

My strategy is to sell 50% eth coins and invest in TTN Coin. What’s your suggestions experts?
I would like to know your honest review and suggestion on my decision.

Thanks in Advance.

I know they are not the very first project to do this method and many more will do the same in the future. If they can freely send an army of shill accounts, I think it's just fair for us to call them out right?
Pages:
Jump to: