Pages:
Author

Topic: The AMAZING Anonymous Bitcoin Lottery (TAABL) - page 2. (Read 11495 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Time for a few stats:

The Pick 2 is our fastest paced raffle, almost always hitting in less than a day, which leaves little time for people to place wagers. There were a couple of cases where a single bet would be matched, leaving the winner with a negative outcome due to the house fee, but that has since been resolved by preventing the pick to actively match a result until there have been at least 2 transactions received for wagering.

Pick 2 is also the one that moved more coins to date. It is 5 times more expensive per bet to make it interesting in terms of total value despite the fact it is very quickly matched.

There was a common misconception that the choice 00 was a more common winning bet than others, which while being correct is also a bit misleading. The 00 choice hit 15 times, 3 times as much as the next most common match, 2D. Why was it the most common? Simple, every time a new pick was spawned the first bet (that didn't carry any satoshi configured number preference) would always be 00, so that number was simply in every Pick.

Some numbers, for games started between the 15th of November of 2012 and today, that have been concluded:

Total number of completed Pick 2's: 87
Sum total of pots distributed: BTC 311.850

Longest run:  3 days, 6 hours and 17 minutes
Shortest run: 44 minutes
Average run: 16 hours, 10 minutes

Largest pot:   BTC 8.415
Smallest pot: BTC 0.990
Average pot:  BTC 3.585

All choices that had where matched more than one time:

00: 15
2D: 5
7C: 2
CD: 2
C8: 2
A2: 2
94: 2

Good luck!
legendary
We're having a great run with the Pick5 pot over 55 BTC now and a slightly more modest yet still great Pick4 pot of over 16BTC now! Don't miss your chance.

Also there's a Pipe Pick running for $10 iTunes gift cards that received no love up to this point -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/10-itunes-gift-card-btcltctrcdoc-pipe-135209

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1136
The first Pick 5 was just hit, winner received 23.76 BTC Congrats!
legendary
TTBit proposed a slightly different approach to the problem raised on my last post; from now on Picks will not find winners until there are at least two transactions and that is now denoted in the 'how to play' page.

Of course if the same person sends two transactions and wins, that person will still end up with 1% loss from the house fee.
legendary
It has happened a few times, and just now once more, that the Pick 2 hits a match with a single bet on it, which is fine when that bet is from TAABL's own seeding but otherwise means a bet will pay 99% of itself.

My immediate plan to avoid this is to set a minimum number of bets before the Pick becomes active. How does 5 bets minimum sound? And is there any reason for me not to do this on all Picks?
legendary

We will be moving DiceOnCrack and TAABL across servers today, so there might me a few short downtimes as DNS records get updated. You can safely continue using them as there is no expected downtime on the blockchain Smiley
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Notice that we don't display every possible value (there are no blank rows).

I actually didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

We have worked with different ways to make it more visually appealing than just dumping all data. With your request, however, we will work on a toggle feature. Thanks for the input!

And it looks like it's been implemented. Awesome! Now to see if I can come up with some BTC to play with this with.
I remember the original TAABL, it was pretty entertaining to use... wonder if I had any balance left on my old account.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
What is the reasoning behind showing every single possible bet on the page for each pick rather than just ones that have been submitted? This makes them incredibly hard to read, and just seems completely unnecessary. If it was toggleable then I'd be satisfied.

We have added detailed/resumed views to the Pick pages, you can find the toggle below the numbers table. Whatever you choose will be used thereafter, assuming you have cookies enabled. Do let us know if it improves your experience.

Thanks for the feedback!

Love it already. I like both options being available.
legendary
What is the reasoning behind showing every single possible bet on the page for each pick rather than just ones that have been submitted? This makes them incredibly hard to read, and just seems completely unnecessary. If it was toggleable then I'd be satisfied.

We have added detailed/resumed views to the Pick pages, you can find the toggle below the numbers table. Whatever you choose will be used thereafter, assuming you have cookies enabled. Do let us know if it improves your experience.

Thanks for the feedback!
legendary

Notice that we don't display every possible value (there are no blank rows). We have worked with different ways to make it more visually appealing than just dumping all data. With your request, however, we will work on a toggle feature. Thanks for the input!
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
legendary
And we are adding a Pick 5 to the games available!

This means there's 1 in a million chances of hitting for each new block, more precisely one in 1.048.575.

Each bet costs 0.1 BTC and you can send your wager to 15TaABLmhxiRQ9DTX6ZcZ9S9RknVZmP5jX.

Good luck!
legendary
Another decent pick 4 underway at taabl.net. Currently 2nd largest pot at 16.6 BTC. Jump in anytime for 0.1 btc.
legendary
It had to match immediately after I mentioned it hadn't yet...

Congrats to the big winner! Pick 4 matched a little under an hour now:

http://taabl.net/pick?_=50a012da8127a82bacd87326
legendary
It looks like we're picking up speed; the last Pick 3s were record breakers at BTC 8.613 and BTC 8.217 pots and the running Pick 4 has a whooping BTC 28.809 pot at this moment.

Good luck!
legendary
We're moving the Pick 2 bet value from 1.0 BTC to 0.5 BTC, as requested by BitCoiner2012 in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1331755. To make the change seamless a new address will be used for the new BitPick, so send 0.5 or multiples thereof to 12tAabLFLxvUzC5KuX7VKMM8bYRncbQ84E to play.

Once the current BTC 1.0  Pick 2 ends it will not spawn a new one. Let us know what you think about this, and good luck!
legendary
Some action last week on TAABL, with 8x Pick 2, 2x Pick 3 and 2x Pick 4, for a combined Pot of 36.135 BTC. I'll refrain from posting all the Pick links here, people know where to find it now, right?

The FPGA Raffle is still running, so don't lose the chance of taking home the miner yourself.
legendary
A 3.96 btc pot was collected on the Pick 2, and a rather humble 1.386 btc pot on the Pick 3.

http://taabl.net/pick?_=5097d3458127a850f4b1cb01
http://taabl.net/pick?_=509920ed8127a850f4b1cb5b

The FPGA Miner raffle is having a bit less interest than we anticipated, but it is still up for grabs folks!

Roughly 2 weeks have passed since the service was launched. Comments? Complaints? Any feedback?
legendary
Just wanted to say, I love this website and games so far.

Thank you!

And another Pick 3 pot was collected -> http://taabl.net/pick?_=50982a9c8127a850f4b1cb17

Don't forget that the FPGA Miner raffle is still active, so it's not too late to join Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: