Pages:
Author

Topic: The beginner and help section is losing great contributors - page 2. (Read 565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
There are actually plenty of highly ranked members who visit that subforum regularly and help with answering questions and giving advice. Some members have put the whole section on ignore and that is their choice. But it still gets plenty of attention from knowledgeable users.
Just check how long it takes for a thread-starters to get help with their problems and you will notice that in less than 15-20 minutes a SR. Member+ is offering some help.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
Sometimes I feel not to post anymore in that section because after a few minutes there is a high rank member who answers the question immediately. Dont want to spam Smiley

You aren't spamming if you are making meaningful posts.  Also. it's useful if newcomers to the world of crypto reply - they can add a different perspective to the replies. Another problem is that very often people with a good technical knowledge forget that new members may not know the basics. If you don't understand one simple basic concept, it can be difficult to take advantage of the reply.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
I have seen that the Beginners and Help is improving, I have seen a lot of High rank members who answers different question regarding crypto and the forum itself.

Sometimes I feel not to post anymore in that section because after a few minutes there is a high rank member who answers the question immediately. Dont want to spam Smiley

Aside from Beginner's & Help, there is google who can answer your queries.

Ps: I have seen a lot of active Legendaries lately.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
Since the dawn of the time when bitcointalk transformed from a forum to a workplace where newbies could come and join shitbounties by shitposting and other low effort tasks the B&H became what is it today. People are making accounts in this forum not to talk about cryptocurrencies but to grab a bite at every opportunity that allows them to snatch some coins.

For the low income countries its an ideal way of making a living and that where some restrictions should be put in. They do bring in a lot of traffic but strict moderation is needed in many sections of the forum. But liberalistic pricks will always find ways to complain. Try removing some threads and they will start threatening moderators for doing so claiming that they are doing a good amount of contribution to the forum when they are actually plagiarizing.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
Beginners is the new blood for the forum, and I agree that we should encourage good new members who post there. I haven't put the whole board on ignore, but I do add  some members to my ignore list if they are spambies or a distraction.

It looks as if I am going to have to spend today on the computer - Bitcoin has dropped again, and Theresa May - the UK's treasonous unicorn of a prime minister, is trying to give Gibraltar to the Spanish, So what I can do for the beginners board is to allocate 20 sMerits to reward good posters today, and I'll award them in ones and twos, so there should be a few new members who can profit from this. Also, there is no limit to the number of posts that a member can make to pick up sMerits. In fact if today is a really good day, I can double or treble the number of merits I can award.

You know my guidelines guys - no spamming, plagiarism or misuse of quoting. I don't reward bounty of announcement threads either. Now lets see what I can find.

Here is one post, and this illustrates the sensible use of quotes.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48205462
Activity: 112
Merit: 20
Earlier we had a discussion here with the same topic. You can start over there. It will be healthy for you, us and for the forum itself.
Since OP actually missed the initial thread you've referenced him to, started by@Luchinono,ill extract one of the most valuable reasons as to why the B&H section is at the state it is right now, and why it's on some users ignore list
  And yep, this issue would be so much less of a problem if people would not only use the search function but just do a little reading in general before jumping in as a member.  I've said this a few times before:  I lurked on the forum for months before I finally created an account, but the time I took reading about scams and stuff like that gave me a good idea of what the bitcoin economy is like as well as how the forum culture is. 
Activity: 308
Merit: 277
Earlier we had a discussion here with the same topic. You can start over there. It will be healthy for you, us and for the forum itself.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/beginners-board-5071007
Activity: 672
Merit: 29
 The major and most important part of a building is its foundation and if not properly done can lead to a complete destruction.

This is the section I might get needed attention concerning the issue. But firstly let me thank those that has still up till now contributed there part to the B&H section despite the appalling spamming and unhelpful activities of some members

The B&H section is a very vital and crucial section of the forum in fact it's like an orientation and guide section for newcomers and also assistance section for all and needs more selfless contribution.

It can be discouraging bumping into redundant post in any section of the forum and it being on a constant can lead some members to giving up(pushing the ignore button) on the section but there is no place where two wrongs makes a right that action can deprive future member of your contribution.

There are various notable member of the forum that has put the section on ignore for reason best known to them well it's a personal decision and I must respect that but I appeal that there be a consideration and rather than placing the whole section on ignore let the individual that contribute to spamming be placed on ignore rather than the section it self.

Beginner and help is meant to develop future good members or spammers of the forum so if neglected the forum would still feel the negative impact.
Pages:
Jump to: