Pages:
Author

Topic: The Big Decentralized Alts (DOGE, LTC and XMR) - Speculation - page 2. (Read 233 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 355
Have to hold more LTC because I believe on this coin and the halving is about to happen, it will surely affect its value and its good if you are able to accumulate this at a cheaper price. I’m not a fan of Dogecoin though since this is a memecoin and I don’t follow the hype because its too risky for me. XMR still running well today as one of the best decentralized altcoins, this could be one of the best project to invest with, just know when to buy and hold.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
I just sold my Dogecoin just recently tbh but it was meant for some other coins that may have use case. People love memes and we can't deny that fact that they love risky assets too so Dogecoin will probably the top chosen coin to get to, it's listed almost where Bitcoin is listed same to Litecoin. The halving for Litecoin might be a chance to make new highs but I wonder if Bitcoin will not be a killjoy for that as I'm speculating it may drop from its current valuation.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Dogecoin (launched in 2014) is the most well known memecoin. It's known as a very volatile coin, very prone to react to tweets of Elon Musk, but in 2023, its price has almost not changed: on January 1 and July 16 the price hovered around 7 cents. In-between, there were several spikes, the biggest probably in April when it almost reached 10 cents. But in general we can see that Doge failed to join Bitcoin in its initial bullish steps after the late-2022 dump. I'm a bit less bullish about Doge than about the other two coins of the group, because it lacks a bit of a long term use case. It may be however a good risky investment: if it's really integrated into Twitter then it could jump up quickly again.
Among the list, I am more surprised and excited about Dogecoin.
We all know Dogecoin is always making its own run on every bull run. So for me, I am really expecting dogecoin will stay the same as Bitcoin.
Even though there are already a lot of meme coins out there, Dogecoin is still the number 1 meme coin by market cap.

Another thing to compare is to check the chart of DOGEBTC because if you notice, on every bull run, we also see dogecoin follow Bitcoin's price.
So for me, Dogecoin is also a big alternative to Bitcoin if they are looking good ROI on every bull run.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
I still have my XMR bag from back in the day and pretty sure I have some DOGE somewhere that I took for granted and left them in different wallets but couldn't find the seeds.  Lol.  Not really sure but could be worth over a thousand bucks at the current price ranges.  :/  I mean, who knew it could go over a penny.

As for LTC, held some before but never really cared about it.  Didn't buy the silver to BTC's gold argument.  I thought and still think it's dumb.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
The issue with DOGE is that there are just way too many bag holders who listened to Musk. Remember how he was pumping Doge while doing that SNL kit. Many entered long at the $0.70 area or so hoping for $1. And then they kept averaging down most likely.

Another issue is the massive miner supply. There is still a huge amount of DOGE released daily that its capping the max price of Doge. Its not possible for it to sustain $1 or $5 long term due to massive miner dumping Doge as soon as their blocks mature.

Might have a temp pump to maybe $0.15 or $0.20 but I dont see it going much higher, even with Musk.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
All these 3 Altcoins you mentioned are OG coins and they all have niche that they served in the space. Doge is the most successful Meme coins in the space and being championed by Elon Musk, Litecoin is what Silver is to Bitcoin and as long as there is demand for Bitcoin, Litecoin will continue to shine, Monero is an OG privacy coin and the one that truly stands out from other Privacy coins being a true  and complete dark transaction. Anyone that do not wants to take huge risk can buy into this 3 coins they will surely come good
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 6012
Decentralization Maximalist
This thread is dedicated to the price evolution of the three biggest realmente decentralized altcoins without any premine: Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), and Monero (XMR).

They have in common that no (substantial) premine was created at the start, and that they have independent blockchains with independent genesis blocks (in contrast to forkcoins like BCH). Thus, I think it makes sense to group them together. They're all part of the Top 30 altcoins in lists like Coingecko or Coinmarketcap, and the next coins with these characteristics (not premined, no fork) are only close to position 100.

How did the price of these coins in the last weeks? Let's recap.

Dogecoin (launched in 2014) is the most well known memecoin. It's known as a very volatile coin, very prone to react to tweets of Elon Musk, but in 2023, its price has almost not changed: on January 1 and July 16 the price hovered around 7 cents. In-between, there were several spikes, the biggest probably in April when it almost reached 10 cents. But in general we can see that Doge failed to join Bitcoin in its initial bullish steps after the late-2022 dump. I'm a bit less bullish about Doge than about the other two coins of the group, because it lacks a bit of a long term use case. It may be however a good risky investment: if it's really integrated into Twitter then it could jump up quickly again.

Litecoin (launched in 2011) is "silver to BTC's gold". It has got privacy features last year with MWEB, although these are optional. It's used quite a lot as a transactional/payment coin and has also its own NFT system based on Ordinals. Its price evolved positively in 2023: from 70 $ on January 1 to 94 $ on July 16, with a spike up to $115 in early July. The recent volatility may be caused by speculation on the aftermath of the next halving which will probably take place on August 2. My personal opinion on LTC is positive, I believe for the amount of activity it registers (about half as many transactions as Bitcoin per month) it is undervalued, and it may preserve its position of a major decentralized coin in Bitcoin's tradition with a strong blockchain and high security.

Monero (launched in 2014) is probably the most well known privacy coin and employs a ring signature system to achieve fungibility. Its price evolution was slightly bullish in 2023, having traded at 147 $ at January 1 and at 165 $ in the last 24 hours. This doesn't look very impressive, but Monero has managed to keep its price close to 0.005 BTC since 2020, with some spikes in the middle, the last of them having occurred in late January. I think it's difficult another coin can challenge this position as this moment; its major contender Dash has probably weaker privacy and has also lost ground in the last years, and other competitors like Grin or Zcash are even less well known. So basically I expect Monero to follow Bitcoin's steps in terms of price: bullish when the BTC and general crypto market is bullish, and bearish when Bitcoin loses value.

As centralized coins have lost a bit of market cap in the last months, all three coins were able to at least preserve their market cap rank, with LTC and XMR having improved a bit.

Do you agree or disagree with these opinions? Do you have a favourite of these three coins? All opinions are welcome Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: