Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin CRASH is coming! - page 2. (Read 2950 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 03:50:47 PM
Probably a drop will come, dont know about crash.
I believe it to be a small one so cannot term it crash. But yes somethibg like that will come at year end week.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
December 07, 2017, 02:11:42 PM

This actually is threatening the hell out of me . When Bitcoin first went to the price of $10000 , I did not fear of t being a bubble and getting crashed because for some days it did become quite stable but from last 3 days bitcoin is on a roller coaster . There is no stopping or slowing down for bitcoin . Bitcoin was up by $2000 in one day . Isn't it insane ? This is now rising the fear of some bubble situation in the mind of many people . There is a need for bitcoin to slow down .
Every user wants Bitcoin to touch new height but that process needs to be steady . The velocity is too fast right now .             
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
December 07, 2017, 12:16:46 PM
This is crazy ... getting towards $17k ...

Wow ... it's the biggest bubble of all ... this is going to be so bad.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
The bubble will explode soon but bitcoin will not collapse... I think it will stay for a while around 5k...
Activity: 20
December 07, 2017, 10:33:25 AM
for me it is not known how the currency will behave....this moment is very beneficial for those who have long been invested in bitcoin...for beginners the situation is very dangerous

That’s what I fear. So many are getting in now with the expectation in won’t stop. Just like the last two bubbles, many people are going to lose their shirt.
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
December 07, 2017, 10:07:48 AM
It gets to a position where the value of the stock reflects a sheep of investors who simply buy and buy without knowing why. What do you think would happen to that stock?
I think the analogies are somewhat limited. A business can be valuated. Bitcoin is nothing except a conventional a holder of value. I think the bitcoin support is too much in sentiment and history, i.e. if people got in at a late moment, they'll want to conserve the investment and act as strong support.

Sure there is panic selling and stop-loss orders and some correction may be coming, but the hodlers might offset the correction pretty nicely.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
December 07, 2017, 09:49:05 AM
Many people got FOMO'ed. The increase does not make any sense, No one with a sane mind would Invest right now maybe at 10K could be the possibility. A pullback to 9k is expected, but I'm not sure when. In my opinion, people who bought at 12K+ is straight up gambling not really trading or investing.
bitcoin is hard to predict. I think prices will fall, but i think only stop at $ 10000-12000. profit when buy Bitcoin last month to this month is an extremely large number and of course, the shark will sell them for profit have exceeded that goal even exceeding the target. Investment in 12k not really is straight gambling. if the long-term investment now is still a good time
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
for me it is not known how the currency will behave....this moment is very beneficial for those who have long been invested in bitcoin...for beginners the situation is very dangerous
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
December 07, 2017, 09:26:58 AM

$9000-$10000: 2 days
$10000-$11000: 1 day
$11000-$12000: 6 days
$12,000-$13,000: 17 hours
$13,000-$14,000: 4 hours

It went up from $9000 to $14,500 in less 2 weeks!

Yep, as usual once it goes parabolic it means a crash will happen sooner or later, it's a good time to take some profit but if you are a long term holder uninterested with the day to day price there is no reason to sell. Over the long term bitcoin always recovers.

Right now the price is going up on expectations of big money from bitcoin futures, as with any bubble its impossible to say when it will pop, it could happen at $20k or $30k, and the crash might even only go down to around today's levels after that crash. This is the fundamental problem with bubbles, even if you know it's there selling could be a mistake.
Activity: 485
Merit: 274
December 07, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
Ah man, this current run up reminds me so much of the $1000 USD bubble a few years ago. Comments on this board are identical... Sentiments are identical... It remains to be seen what futures will do to the BTC price, but regardless, we all know what goes up must come down. I personally think futures will be deleterious on the BTC community for awhile. My thoughts from the beginning have always been that BTC technology was invented as a solution to our current financial trajectory. It’s somewhat disappointing to see our current financial instruments assimilating into BTC ad hoc. It gives a bad taste, as all the problems that come with fractional reserve banking and some speculative financial instruments will just parasitize BTC.

None-the-less, if BTC is ever going to truly succeed, this is going to happen to some degree. The exchanges are the ones who will truly benefit initially from the futures trading. After all, their BTC price quotes/infrastructure are the ones directly being traded on. The deals made to allow futures trading to even exist here must have been something to behold. It’s for a reason. The gov’t regulates exchanges which in turn moderates futures. Very much a top down strategy. The bottleneck is exchanges and currently that is where most people go. Once futures opens, there will be mass influx in futures shifting the bottleneck to futures and I predict a lag in exchange trading. This will slow the price, influence the type of futures sold (mostly shorts) and the exponential rise in price we have now will fall out and reset itself for another run up in the future.

Again, it's in the run up to Christmas.  There is always a bump about this time of year.  I always assumed it was people stocking up on "substances" for the holiday season.  Wink  I guess this run is pushing down the price of drugs. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 07, 2017, 09:21:58 AM
There will be a price correction once the pump has been over and we should be expecting around $1000 - $2000 price correction given how much the price has increased. As for bitcoin crashing, I don't see that happening. I mean come on man we all know that bitcoin is highly market oriented and it will be there as long as people use it and there are people mining it, people would probably even use it even after all the bitcoins have been mined. There will be big dips but I don't see bitcoin crashing, at least not now or in the next 25 years.
A price correction around that $1K or $2k is nothing compared to the rapid increase that  it has experienced and that however it is still unusual,and even though the idea of a big crash coming can not be completely discarded thoroughly there is perhaps still a little more chance that the price does not go down in an inordinate way.
Activity: 20
December 07, 2017, 08:56:10 AM
Ah man, this current run up reminds me so much of the $1000 USD bubble a few years ago. Comments on this board are identical... Sentiments are identical... It remains to be seen what futures will do to the BTC price, but regardless, we all know what goes up must come down. I personally think futures will be deleterious on the BTC community for awhile. My thoughts from the beginning have always been that BTC technology was invented as a solution to our current financial trajectory. It’s somewhat disappointing to see our current financial instruments assimilating into BTC ad hoc. It gives a bad taste, as all the problems that come with fractional reserve banking and some speculative financial instruments will just parasitize BTC.

None-the-less, if BTC is ever going to truly succeed, this is going to happen to some degree. The exchanges are the ones who will truly benefit initially from the futures trading. After all, their BTC price quotes/infrastructure are the ones directly being traded on. The deals made to allow futures trading to even exist here must have been something to behold. It’s for a reason. The gov’t regulates exchanges which in turn moderates futures. Very much a top down strategy. The bottleneck is exchanges and currently that is where most people go. Once futures opens, there will be mass influx in futures shifting the bottleneck to futures and I predict a lag in exchange trading. This will slow the price, influence the type of futures sold (mostly shorts) and the exponential rise in price we have now will fall out and reset itself for another run up in the future.

December 07, 2017, 08:30:38 AM
Bitcoin is going to be traded in several stock exchanges very soon. Those who believe that "sharks" or "whales" wait for the day of opening and then start buying or trading are only fooling themselves.

There seems to be some confusion about this. Bitcoin IS NOT going to be traded. Bitcoin is just going to be the underlying "asset" being traded on futures. All the trading shall be done in fiat. So, whales do not need to buy anything, as they'll open and settle the transactions is fiat.

OTOH, a price pump and then subsequent dump opens the possibility for very profitable short positions in futures. However, it only makes sense if at the time of the contract the BTC value is HIGH. So, if a manipulation is being conducted, the crash is profitable only if it happens after the futures start trading and contracts are exchanged.

But any position must have an opposing buyer. So another whale must get stinged if some whale is going to make money on shorts. Therefore, some whales may think just the opposite and open long positions. Entraping whales wanting to short with the current pump, then going for another pump.

All's swell since bitcoin markets are not regulated and price manipulation is not illegal. It is therefore hard to predict that futures will trigger the crash. It may be the opposite.

It may be the opposite indeed for another few days/weeks/months but there are too many flaws in it ... it's not different than any other Ponzi Scheme ... when people buy it not because of the technology but because of speculation then it's killing all the good thing that comes with it.

Imagine a normal local grocery shop selling goods day after day.
There are people coming in and buying goods, there are suppliers selling good and overall the owner can be pleased with the business.

The owner decides it's time to have his business listed in the stock exchange in order to attract more investors.
In the beginning it's all going well, the stock is rising steadily with some drops from to time.

But then all of a sudden, comes 1 week where the stock is rising and rising and rising and the owner has no clue where it's coming from.
It gets to a position where the value of the stock reflects a sheep of investors who simply buy and buy without knowing why.

What do you think would happen to that stock?
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
December 07, 2017, 08:13:05 AM
Bitcoin is going to be traded in several stock exchanges very soon. Those who believe that "sharks" or "whales" wait for the day of opening and then start buying or trading are only fooling themselves.

There seems to be some confusion about this. Bitcoin IS NOT going to be traded. Bitcoin is just going to be the underlying "asset" being traded on futures. All the trading shall be done in fiat. So, whales do not need to buy anything, as they'll open and settle the transactions is fiat.

OTOH, a price pump and then subsequent dump opens the possibility for very profitable short positions in futures. However, it only makes sense if at the time of the contract the BTC value is HIGH. So, if a manipulation is being conducted, the crash is profitable only if it happens after the futures start trading and contracts are exchanged.

But any position must have an opposing buyer. So another whale must get stinged if some whale is going to make money on shorts. Therefore, some whales may think just the opposite and open long positions. Entraping whales wanting to short with the current pump, then going for another pump.

All's swell since bitcoin markets are not regulated and price manipulation is not illegal. It is therefore hard to predict that futures will trigger the crash. It may be the opposite.
December 07, 2017, 08:00:05 AM
Anyone who thinks otherwise sell BTC for fiat or buy some other coin.

Indeed that's what we do:

We are going to sell more BTC and buy more XRP today.
December 07, 2017, 07:58:58 AM
There will be a price correction once the pump has been over and we should be expecting around $1000 - $2000 price correction given how much the price has increased. As for bitcoin crashing, I don't see that happening. I mean come on man we all know that bitcoin is highly market oriented and it will be there as long as people use it and there are people mining it, people would probably even use it even after all the bitcoins have been mined. There will be big dips but I don't see bitcoin crashing, at least not now or in the next 25 years.

When people buy bitcoin for investment purposes and not as means to transfer funds, then this "investment" takes a different route and instead of becoming the "Anonymous PayPal" that would be in the future - it turns into a ponzy scheme.

The product can serve well for 20 years but when "the market" (miners, China, those who decide to approve/disapprove forks) is turning things in a shady way - then you can certainly expect them to be shady.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
December 07, 2017, 07:54:57 AM
I really do not know why someone wants to open such thread with this title "The Bitcoin CRASH is coming!" when after every price increase or pump we have price correction,which is quite normal.Besides, everyone has the opportunity to profit from this pump,old investor or people who bought BTC just few days ago.What exactly will bring bitcoin futures and how will this affect on BTC long term we can only speculate.

I think bitcoin proved and showed its resistance and strength through the years,another correction will mean nothing.Anyone who thinks otherwise sell BTC for fiat or buy some other coin.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 07:54:42 AM
I didn't expect me for this whole growth but with these presuppositions I would not surprise me if it climber more and more yet
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 07, 2017, 07:32:44 AM
December 07, 2017, 07:19:16 AM
Reminder - the Fed should announce an interest rate rise next week, next week Bitcoin would be listed on future contracts in several stock exchanges - it's going to be very interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: