Pages:
Author

Topic: The bitcoin dominance level is getting much closer to 50%. What does it mean? - page 2. (Read 506 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 0
It is cycle which is quite similar like 2017. The market is fully dominated by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is leading all the coins. And it's dominance is good for the cryptomarket.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Increasing market share of Bitcoin means investors in the market have turned their investments into Bitcoin. In this case, the price of altcoins is falling. In the market altcoins cleaning can be done.
Activity: 28
It looks good to me. And it has possibilities to have more dominance in the market. I think it will go to 70% in upcoming days. It looks like it will decrease the numbers of altcoins in the market.
Activity: 27
Bitcoin has the same dominance last year. I think it is good for cryptomarket. Because worthless coins will be out from the market because of the price drop. So it is not bad from my view.
Activity: 98
It means that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in the market. People choose bitcoin over altcoins because of its high value and security. This popularity will increase every year.
Activity: 102
Merit: 14
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It just means that due to highly volatile and sensitive condition of the market currently, people are shifting to much secure investment that is BTC. Once the market gains stability and moves towards bullish trend, altcoins will again gain dominance in the market. Although according to predictions of many people, 75% of the altcoins will fail. So its wise to only invest in well established coins that hold real world applications. BTW BTC has already reached 53.4% mark in terms dominance.
Activity: 31
Bitcoin (BTC) now makes up 50 percent of the entire cryptocurrency market capitalization.

On August 11, bitcoin dominance clinching the total percent of cryptocurrency market capitalization  reached 50 percent for the first time since December 19th, 2017.

Bitcoin’s market capitalization now records $105,785,552,545, which is about $901 million more than the market capitalization of every other cryptocurrency combination.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
The price of BTC last year at this date of 8/14/17 was $4,145.44 on
Just an example of just how complete a 'bubble' the price was and a caution of what it still might go down to (bottom) before any recovery.

i don't understand how you come to this conclusion!
yes, price was something lower than this at some point and now it is higher but none of it says anything about any bubble!

and no, just because price was $4,145.44 a year ago it doesn't mean it still might go down to (bottom) before recovery.
it might drop for many other reasons but this is not one of them.

interesting thing is the fact that price was 4000 last year and now it is 6000 which is only about 40% higher shows that we are extremely underpriced because as a rule of thumb price usually goes up at least 100% per year. Cheesy
Activity: 40
Right now, traders are converting their Alts to Bitcoins as ALTs market has crashed very badly and Bitcoin market though facing a bearish trend but still going strong as it has reached a stable price of around 6,000$- 6,400$. So, the dominance just shows the trust being put on Bitcoin by it's users right now. Nothing else.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
The price of BTC last year at this date of 8/14/17 was $4,145.44 on https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin listing.

Just an example of just how complete a 'bubble' the price was and a caution of what it still might go down to (bottom) before any recovery.

So, it may be more than just Altcoins that we may have to worry about, if as they say, a bubble sometimes goes back to the price it started from, before a rebound.

(On the other hand August of any year, always seems to suck)

brad
Activity: 168
Altcoins losing their sustainable place. Many altcoin are overprice and suddenly it lose it lose it’s price steadily. Altcoin ccan be pump their market value.
Activity: 210
The BTC by increasing dominance level will be pumped by the enthusiasts if the recent hypes work out. If all go in the usual manner, BTC price will be nearly doubled by the pumping factor, I guess.
Activity: 112
With the level of dominance almost half of market capitalization then the possible scenario is the decline price of altcoin, reason is most of traders and investors make their way most into bitcoin and rarely take a risk into some altcoin. Dominance is a some signal that CMC make and sometimes doesnt mean anything.
Activity: 31
According the recent data of coinmarketcap, Bitcoin holds 50. 77 % of dominance in the cryptocurrency market capitalisation. I think this news will lead to a rise in price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was always the dominant coin in the market and it still holds the topmost position among all other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
While the price reached the ath value the dominance level of bitcoin was close around 55%, now bitcoin is close to 50% after a long. With the decline of ethereum and other expected cryptocurrency the dominance keeps increasing. Is there any possibilities for a price pumping with bitcoin as well other major altcoins with regards to the dominance level of respective cryptocurrency.

Highly possible. People are probabaly preparing for a bitcoin run more than any alt right now and i wouldn't worry about eth also since even with btc's dominance rising, eth and all other alts will have supporters pouring back when the market starts a real recovery.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
To simply put the increased dominance of Bitcoin, people are backing it up and putting their trust on it. Which is why bitcoin dominance is increasing. However, Market capitalization calculation can be easily manipulated so it doesn't significantly helps us to come to decision. I just expressed what I realize from such numbers and figures.

maybe you need to check the "numbers and figures" again because you are quite wrong. people had "trust" in bitcoin already and were backing it up already, nothing has changed in that regard. and bitcoin price has not changed at all either. it is still fluctuating as always.

what has changed however is that altcoins are getting dumped. and as their prices go down hard, they lose market cap so the total also goes down and this  "dominance" being bitcoin MC/total MC is now increasing.
Activity: 39
To simply put the increased dominance of Bitcoin, people are backing it up and putting their trust on it. Which is why bitcoin dominance is increasing. However, Market capitalization calculation can be easily manipulated so it doesn't significantly helps us to come to decision. I just expressed what I realize from such numbers and figures.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 110
Give Hope For Everyone!
It almost means nothing actually. Everyone is now dumping their altcoins back to bitcoin. Bitcoin is their safe haven. But bitcion's price will not pump because of that. It will remain the same. All hail to altcoins that said bitcoin has huge gaps and their better than it. It's like a black friday for altcoins when the market goes red.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
it was a small increase due to some countries that are very actively began to buy bitcoin! a lot of people and traders decided to wait out the hard time in bitcoin! now it is very profitable to buy ochtalnye krypto coins, they have very low prices!
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
ERC20 Address:0x09b9b7032c3ad01E42aD8A185D765a6d03
While the price reached the ath value the dominance level of bitcoin was close around 55%, now bitcoin is close to 50% after a long. With the decline of ethereum and other expected cryptocurrency the dominance keeps increasing. Is there any possibilities for a price pumping with bitcoin as well other major altcoins with regards to the dominance level of respective cryptocurrency.

It means that people are holding more bitcoin and are using bitcoin to make transactions rather than using BCH or ether. BTC is at its rightful position. BCH is nothing but a gimmick that roger and Bitmain used. The day Bitmain ditches BCH thats when BCH is dead. And pump we have seen for bch that was nothing but Bitmain buying a ton of BCH and inflated the price and the BCH followers followed like lambs for slaughter.
Pages:
Jump to: