Pages:
Author

Topic: THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. - page 3. (Read 5532 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
April 26, 2013, 09:19:55 AM
The Network says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

and to THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC.:

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
April 26, 2013, 08:42:47 AM
THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. has even gone so far as to list Satoshi as a founding member in their by-laws. Without his consent and thus implying that Satoshi is affiliated with THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. to further strengthen their takeover of Bitcoin.

ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP

Section 3.1 Membership Classes: The Corporation will have three classes of membership:

(a) Founding Members;

(b) Industry Members; and

(c) Individual Members.

The term "member" may be used to refer generically to a member in any class.

Section 3.2 Membership Qualifications: The requirements for membership in each membership class shall be as follows:

(a) Founding Members. The Founding Members of the Corporation shall be:

i. Gavin Andresen, Bitcoin Developer residing or doing business in Amherst, MA, USA.

ii. Peter Vessenes, CEO of CoinLab and residing or doing business in Bainbridge Island, WA, USA.

iii. Charles Shrem, CEO of BitInstant residing or doing business in Brooklyn, NY, USA.

iv. Roger Ver, CEO of MemoryDealers residing or doing business in Santa Clara, CA, USA.

v. Patrick Murck, Principal at Engage Legal, PLLC residing or doing business in Washington, DC, USA.

vi. Mark Karpeles, CEO of MtGox.com and residing or doing business in Tokyo, Japan.

vii. Satoshi Nakamoto, at [email protected], author of the white paper “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” published on http://bitcoin.org and owner of the PGP Public Key with fingerprint: 5EC948A1.

26/Apr/2013 Wall Street Journal - First-Quarter Growth, at 2.5%, Misses Expectations
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
April 26, 2013, 08:19:47 AM
Actually your lawyer board member should know about all these things. It's kinda surprising he hasn't noticed himself yet.

this cocksucker just spreads envy and bullshit everywhere. confirmed. careful to prove him wrong: he's going to google your personal data and publish them around, including names of relatives, without your consent, pretending to be an artificial intelligence.
well, his intelligence is apparently, really artificial, and he has been sentenced to be called cocksucker in public.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 26, 2013, 07:37:34 AM
Despite the mythology which has sprung up around Satoshi, he didn't develop some comprehensive future plan for the future of Bitcoin.  He recognised it as an experiment and believed it should succeed or fail without him pushing it in a specific direction and believed - rightly - that how people actually used it would determine what Bitcoin became, irrespective of his personal ideology.

From what I've heard the 'community' as represented by this thread is in fact in perfect agreement with Satashi's ideology of Austrian economics, Libertarianism and anti-government paranoia.  And their is a comprehensive future plan for BTC, its called the 21 million coin cap and that was dictated by Satoshi under his belief that scarcity was the fundamental reason why money is valuable and it is vigilantly guarded by his like-minded followers to this day.  So lets not kid ourselves about central planning and central 'vision' controlling BTC simply because the mysterious founder has disappeared.  BTC is starving for any kind of original thinking because the only person who would be remotely acceptable to the community to provide such thinking dose not provide it.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
April 26, 2013, 07:13:24 AM
We dont need anyone representing what cannot be controlled. This foundation is a mockery to our decentralized structure CREATED by Satoshi.

Despite the mythology which has sprung up around Satoshi, he didn't develop some comprehensive future plan for the future of Bitcoin.  He recognised it as an experiment and believed it should succeed or fail without him pushing it in a specific direction and believed - rightly - that how people actually used it would determine what Bitcoin became, irrespective of his personal ideology.

If you've ever been part of any grass roots movement, then you know that there are always multiple different agendas within such movements and that trying to get those factions to agree on even a few common goals is often a formidable task.  Very often, you end up with many different interest groups focusing on their own individual agendas and a peak body to which they all belong is eventually formed to carry out tasks which smaller organisations cannot.

There are many different agendas within "the Bitcoin community" and they cannot all be represented by a single body.  People need to get off their asses and start forming groups which promote the aspects of Bitcoin most important to them instead of complaining that someone else isn't promoting their agenda.

Y'all could have put together a non-profit to hold the Bitcoin trademark and to pay for development of the official client, but the people who actually got off their asses and did it were those with largely commercial interests in Bitcoin.  If you don't like their focus, then start forming other groups to address the issues you believe are important.

++11. sounds like a reasonable argument.

April 26, 2013, 07:11:15 AM
Y'all could have put together a non-profit to hold the Bitcoin trademark and to pay for development of the official client, but the people who actually got off their asses and did it were those with largely commercial interests in Bitcoin.  If you don't like their focus, then start forming other groups to address the issues you believe are important.

And now its come out that "they" hold the Bitcoin trademark. Unbelievable.

And now pay for development of the official client. (Control the lead developer)

**** THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. now owns  you. ****
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2013, 07:03:32 AM
We dont need anyone representing what cannot be controlled. This foundation is a mockery to our decentralized structure CREATED by Satoshi.

If you've ever been part of any grass roots movement, then you know that there are always multiple different agendas within such movements and that trying to get those factions to agree on even a few common goals is often a formidable task.  Very often, you end up with many different interest groups focusing on their own individual agendas and a peak body to which they all belong is eventually formed to carry out tasks which smaller organisations cannot.

There are many different agendas within "the Bitcoin community" and they cannot all be represented by a single body.  People need to get off their asses and start forming groups which promote the aspects of Bitcoin most important to them instead of complaining that someone else isn't promoting their agenda.

qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
April 26, 2013, 06:50:49 AM
Well there you have it, a United States corporation is trying to take over Bitcoin.

The Bitcoin Foundation is not trying to take over anything.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
April 26, 2013, 06:49:22 AM
This is extremely paranoid even by my standards and I am quite paranoid.

I'm not paranoid. Which one of my enemies told you so?
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
April 26, 2013, 06:45:58 AM
Obvious troll.  But I can't tell which side is getting trolled.
April 26, 2013, 06:44:37 AM

They are just trying to get Bitcoin accepted by the masses and recognized by official media. Of course they have to be centralized if they ever want to succeed in doing that.

I don't mind that the Foundation exists - as you said: BITCOIN CANNOT BE CONTROLLED anyway, so why worry ?

Completely decentralized things don't work in the real world - that is why foundation exists: to create a bridge between the two worlds.

The problem is that they self appointed themselves as the representatives of Bitcoin and have the lead developer under their control. They've admitted they would be "happy" to be regulated. They operate out of the United States and as such there is now the true possibility that the United States can control the Bitcoin code.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
April 26, 2013, 06:41:19 AM
Above you can see that somebody involved with THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. is trying to "use" you.

Do you have a back ground in this sort of thing? I think we could use someone who knows something about this.

Additionally, they now admit they have other things to do as well as advancing Bitcoin. What is this hidden agenda?

The foundation has a lot of work to do in addition to advancing Bitcoin.

**** Well there you have it, a United States corporation is trying to take over Bitcoin. **** 

Good luck everyone.

This is extremely paranoid even by my standards and I am quite paranoid.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
April 26, 2013, 06:37:40 AM

They are just trying to get Bitcoin accepted by the masses and recognized by official media. Of course they have to be centralized if they ever want to succeed in doing that.

I don't mind that the Foundation exists - as you said: BITCOIN CANNOT BE CONTROLLED anyway, so why worry ?

Completely decentralized things don't work in the real world - that is why foundation exists: to create a bridge between the two worlds.
April 26, 2013, 06:36:59 AM
Above you can see that somebody involved with THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. is trying to "use" you.

Do you have a back ground in this sort of thing? I think we could use someone who knows something about this.

Additionally, they now admit they have other things to do as well as advancing Bitcoin. What is this hidden agenda?

The foundation has a lot of work to do in addition to advancing Bitcoin.

**** Well there you have it, a United States corporation is trying to take over Bitcoin. **** 

Good luck everyone.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
April 26, 2013, 06:31:38 AM
Actually your lawyer board member should know about all these things. It's kinda surprising he hasn't noticed himself yet.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
April 26, 2013, 06:17:05 AM
There's way worse things about the "foundation" than that.

There's still no legal mailing adress. There's no privacy policy even though they gather personal data on the "join us" pages. They are accepting "donations" but there's no information on the tax status of this... company?/non-profit?/for-profit?/what the hell are they even?

The privacy policy is an important point. Thank you for mentioning it.  Same with the tax status. Do you hade a back ground in this sort of thing? I think we could use someone who knows something about this. The foundation has a lot of work to do in addition to advancing Bitcoin. But bear in mind, the vast majority of the foundation membrrs are just like the members here...except we paid $30 (about 1/3 if what you would pay to join the Linux foundation).

I will put it on the agenda. Many thanks.
Activity: 381
Merit: 255
April 26, 2013, 05:55:21 AM
April 26, 2013, 05:44:34 AM
Hopefully the development lead will come to the realization that there is a conflict of interest being involved with both Bitcoin and THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC.

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
April 26, 2013, 05:40:38 AM
Bitcoin foundation look like scam, we have to be very careful with any changes to code made( proposed ) by Gavin Andresen. Registere as no profit corporation lol.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
April 26, 2013, 05:38:05 AM
interesting!
Pages:
Jump to: