Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Foundation Must Remove Satoshi as Founder - page 3. (Read 6143 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation. It  is highly unethical for him to be listed as a founder. It is not an honorary title. Satoshi created a decentralised system. He would hate the foundation's centralisation.

Now that a highly controversial figure has been elected to the board I think it is imperative that the foundation stops claiming legitimacy by stating that Satoshi was in any way a founder or in any way approved of that rotten centalisation.

How can you speak for Satoshi?  Do you know him personally?  Has he told you that he doesn't want to be associated with the Foundation?  Can you prove that he didn't give the foundation permission to list him?

It is highly unethical for you to be deciding on behalf of Satoshi if he should be listed unless he has given you permission to do so.  Let him speak for himself if he is against it.
This is honestly what I was thinking as I read this.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Its like this. I can say that monkeys fly out of my ass. I can prove it, but you cant see the evidence.
To disprove it you have to investigate my ass. I won't alow yopu to do that.
You have to prove it without the evidence. Do you see where the logic is missing?

Who said I have to prove it?
Who said you have to prove it?

No one has to prove anything (unless they want to win an argument).
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
You cant disprove anything.

Exactly.  You can't prove that Satoshi gave permission.  You can't prove that he didn't give permission.  Therefore, stop speaking on his behalf and let him speak for himself if he wants to.

If Satoshi sendt a message to Gavin, then gavin have to come up with the proof.

No. He doesn't. Why should he waste his time jumping through every hoop that every random internet user in the world sets up for him.  If you want the name removed, you need to prove that it doesn't belong there.

Just as you cant disprove anything else. Inosent untill prove guilty
well he does
Its like this. I can say that monkeys fly out of my ass. I can prove it, but you cant see the evidence.
You have to prove it without the evidence. Do you see where the logic is missing?

Exactly.  The bitcoin foundation is innocent until proven guilty.  If you can't prove that they are acting fraudulently by using the name, then they are presumed innocent.

Not how it works. If Gavin has the proof it's up to him to deliver. Not the other way around

In a debate or argument,  burden of proof lies on whoever makes an assertion.
However, one can also simply choose not to provide proof
and not participate in the debate to begin with.

legendary

Exactly.  You can't prove that Satoshi gave permission.  You can't prove that he didn't give permission.  Therefore, stop speaking on his behalf and let him speak for himself if he wants to.

No. He doesn't. Why should he waste his time jumping through every hoop that every random internet user in the world sets up for him.  If you want the name removed, you need to prove that it doesn't belong there.

Exactly.  The bitcoin foundation is innocent until proven guilty.  If you can't prove that they are acting fraudulently by using the name, then they are presumed innocent.

Not how it works. If Gavin has the proof it's up to him to deliver. Not the other way around

In a debate or argument,  burden of proof lies on whoever makes an assertion.
However, one can also simply choose not to provide proof
and not participate in the debate to begin with.

legendary
. Like it or not, most people in Bitcoin just buy it to invest/hold/sell, not because they truly believe in it.

Oooh thems fightin words.  Lol jk.

No but seriously, why would someone invest in something they won't believe in?
What do you "truly believe in"?

I believe bitcoin is an amazing idea that has been well implemented and has solid support and momentum.
I also am an investor because i am expecting others to see the value in it and adopt it at some point as a superior form of money.

Exactly.  You can't prove that Satoshi gave permission.  You can't prove that he didn't give permission.  Therefore, stop speaking on his behalf and let him speak for himself if he wants to.

No. He doesn't. Why should he waste his time jumping through every hoop that every random internet user in the world sets up for him.  If you want the name removed, you need to prove that it doesn't belong there.

Exactly.  The bitcoin foundation is innocent until proven guilty.  If you can't prove that they are acting fraudulently by using the name, then they are presumed innocent.

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

"Unless you are Satoshi, or unless he has given permission for you to speak on his behalf, the bitcoin foundation has as much right to speak on his behalf as you do."

The bitcoin foundation was created after Satoshi stopped speaking. Therefore the claim that satoshi was a founder is an outright lie. To lie is wrong so, that's it, his name should not be listed as a founder.

You can prove that Satoshi didn't send a message to Gavin giving permission?  You can prove that when Satoshi stopped communicating publicly, he also stopped communicating privately?  You can prove that none of the other members of the bitcoin foundation actually are Satoshi?

The claim that Satoshi was a founder might be a lie.  And if it is a lie, then it's wrong.

It also might be the truth.  Since you can't prove it either way, only Satoshi can speak for himself.  If he doesn't demand that his name be removed, then he is giving implicit permission.

You cant disprove anything. If Satoshi sendt a message to Gavin, then gavin have to come up with the proof. Just as you cant disprove anything else. Inosent untill prove guilty
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
too many opinions and hypotheticals about what 'satoshi' believes and disbeleives.

ill just leave you with this.

do you really think that jesus christ wants to be known as the founder of the greedy Vatican, the pedophile priests and the congregation that hates their fellow man, judging each other?

in either case bitcoin or religion, who cares, its not like both people are going to come back and smite anyone tied to such gross abuses of wealth and disgusting behavior
legendary
"Unless you are Satoshi, or unless he has given permission for you to speak on his behalf, the bitcoin foundation has as much right to speak on his behalf as you do."

The bitcoin foundation was created after Satoshi stopped speaking. Therefore the claim that satoshi was a founder is an outright lie. To lie is wrong so, that's it, his name should not be listed as a founder.

You can prove that Satoshi didn't send a message to Gavin giving permission?  You can prove that when Satoshi stopped communicating publicly, he also stopped communicating privately?  You can prove that none of the other members of the bitcoin foundation actually are Satoshi?

The claim that Satoshi was a founder might be a lie.  And if it is a lie, then it's wrong.

It also might be the truth.  Since you can't prove it either way, only Satoshi can speak for himself.  If he doesn't demand that his name be removed, then he is giving implicit permission.
legendary
Nothing in this world is 100% "decentralized", we need a central point one way or another.

You are welcome to have as many "central points" as you like.

Bitcoin Foundation doesn't own bitcoin, it just represents it to the masses.

Only to those foolish enough to think that some private club is representative of something public.  Does the "Chicago Sailing Club" represent Chicago to the masses?  Foolish people will be fooled by private club giving themselves a fancy name.  I can't control the beliefs of others.

Like it or not, most people in Bitcoin just buy it to invest/hold/sell, not because they truly believe in it.

This is wild speculation.  Can you prove this?  It might be true, but it very well might not.  Regardless, the reason that people are using bitcoin has no bearing on the legitimacy or behaviors of the bitcoin foundation.

That's why We Need a foundation, to plan coordinated efforts to advertise Bitcoin and such.

This is not what the bitcoin foundation does, or why it exists.  You are taking your own hopes and projecting them on an entity that you don't understand just because it has a name that you like.  You might want to reconsider that.

Specifically, what coordinated efforts to advertise Bitcoin have you seen from the bitcoin foundation?

The bitcoin foundation exists to pay some developers some money so they can enact the features that their highest paying membership prefers.  It also exists to make sure that when news organizations or political organizations want answers to questions, the answers are the ones that the highest paying members prefer.
Listing him takes away cedebillity from the foundation.
people might look it up and think.... hmm ok they lied there. What else are they lying about
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
Out of interest, has anyone ever asked the Foundation whether SN is listed with his/her/their permission?

If Satoshi wanted to be removed as a Founder, he would of said so. Just like he messaged, " I am not Dorian Nakamoto"

And, no one cares.

Except I don't think that was actually him but an impostor. I very much doubt they got his permission. Maybe they asked but he probably didnt reply.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Professional anarchist
And on the question of being an "alleged pedophile" - if he has not been convicted, hasn't been charged and isn't even under investigation, then he is innocent, like everyone else until proven guilty.

Caveat: I don't know anything about the guy in question. Nor am I interested in reading anything about him.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
Out of interest, has anyone ever asked the Foundation whether SN is listed with his/her/their permission?

If Satoshi wanted to be removed as a Founder, he would of said so. Just like he messaged, " I am not Dorian Nakamoto"

And, no one cares, Satoshi made Bitcoin, let him be a founder until he decides he doesn't want to anymore..
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Professional anarchist
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

The bitcoin foundation was created after Satoshi stopped speaking. Therefore the claim that satoshi was a founder is an outright lie. To lie is wrong so, that's it, his name should not be listed as a founder of a foundation which elects an alleged pedofile as a director.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
legendary
Therefore unless he has given permission to be listed as founder it is highly unethical and manipulative as well as an outright lie to claim that satoshi was a founder of the bitcoin foundation.

Unless you are Satoshi, or unless he has given permission for you to speak on his behalf, the bitcoin foundation has as much right to speak on his behalf as you do.  Since you've already made it clear that you believe that you have the right to speak on his behalf, this would seem to imply that in your worldview, the bitcoin foundation ALSO has the right to speak on his behalf.  Unless of course you are a hypocrite that believes that there are special rules that only apply to you, and not them.

Let Satoshi speak for himself.  If he doesn't care enough to get involved in this disagreement, then why do you think it's important.  Satoshi clearly doesn't think that "an innocent man's life might be in danger" over this, and is therefore ok with what the bitcoin foundation has chosen to say about his membership.

The onus is on the foundation to prove he was a founder.

No, it isn't.  The onus is on you to prove that Satoshi doesn't want to be listed as a founder.  Otherwise, you have no right to speak on his behalf.

If they can't provide such evidence then his name should be removed

If they wanted to do that, they already would have.  How exactly do you intend to force them to do so?  By creating another discussion thread in the bitcointalk.org disccusion forum?  That didn't seem to work so well the few hundred times that other people tried it.  Why would your rant be any more successful?

so that outsiders can see it as just a group rather than THE group created by THE man himself.

"THE man himself"?  You do realize that Satoshi doesn't have any special super powers, right?  He's not God or anything like that.  He's just some guy (or group of people) that happen to have come up with a pretty decent way of handling distributed consensus and used it to determine what order transaction occur in.  That's about it.  He wasn't even a very great programmer, or great at cryptography.  He made several programming mistakes, and made some questionable cryptography choices.

The fact that a decent programmer with some better than average knowledge about cryptography belongs to some private club shouldn't matter to anyone except those foolish enough to believe that celebrity is persuasive.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
No he didn't. If it isn't signed, it didn't happen.

The post quoted above didn't happen.
Pages:
Jump to: