Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Snowball - page 2. (Read 3241 times)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Earthling
March 21, 2012, 10:11:36 AM
I'll play along: 1KDuLZ3pSANA8vwbbWZCGqeoEGnJUs7vFk
Activity: 434
100%
March 21, 2012, 09:32:28 AM
Moved here from the games/gambling section because it really isn't about gambling, at all.

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
March 19, 2012, 07:32:15 PM
What you should do is say that the snowball must be passed on until such an event happens. Like bitcoin exceeding $7 or something, and must be passed on within a certain amount of time from receiving next address.
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
March 19, 2012, 07:12:28 PM
So the game is about everybody losing money, until some jewbag decides to keep it all? And no I don't want to snowball.
Activity: 434
100%
March 19, 2012, 03:04:12 PM
I'm up for a little experiment.

I will initiate the Snowball by sending 1.0 BTC to one of the people willing to participate by posting their Bitcoin address in the comments.

The rules are:
  • Upon receiving the Snowball you add any amount to it and pass it on to another participant
  • You must declare the amount of BTC sent (Snowball size + your contribution), the username and address of the next recipient (i.e. by quoting their comment) and increment the handover number by 1
  • You must have sufficient funds to help make the Snowball grow (at least 1 Satoshi) before passing it on
  • You must only forward the Snowball to someone who has agreed to participate
  • You must make sure the next recipient knows the Snowball has been or will be forwarded to them, for example by reminding them with a private message
  • You agree to take responsibility for the Snowball's continued journey
  • The Snowball should never be sent to the same person twice

The Bitcoin Snowball is basically a reverse Ponzi scheme in that the last participant to enter always gets the grand total of available funds and exclusive spending rights.

The purpose, however, is to resist a cashout and watch the Snowball move on and grow for as long as possible.

You may choose to forward the Snowball only to a trusted user on the forum and likewise choose not to send it to non-trusted users.

By receiving the Snowball you must realize that you are entrusted with all previous participants' investments until you safely pass it on to another trusted individual and that your successful participation helps bond the community.

I will carefully select the first recipient.

Let's find out how long we can keep the baby rollin' and how big it gets!

DISCLAMER (this is mostly for fun, don't put excess meaning into it):

If you decide to break the chain either by running with the Snowball or interception, knowingly or not, your soul shall be cursed forever after until the consequences of your action hit you hard in the middle of your face and you shall never be able to underestimate the power of a magic Snowball ever again.

If you successfully pass the Snowball on and help it survive and grow you shall be blessed with well-being, prosperity and the honor of being part of a magnificient community.

You must have read and understood the rules of this experiment before participating.

Bitcoiners, post your receiving addresses.

Pages:
Jump to: