Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Speculators Club Is Here ... - page 2. (Read 3570 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
March 17, 2014, 08:12:36 PM
I'm in, for sporadic discourse.

I'd be a holder, by your definitions, just curious mostly.

If I could offer any advice to the real speculators out there (or "in here") would be to pay close attention to the history of bitcoin, and when price action does not fit conventional technical analysis, be prepared to accept the fact that this is not like anything that has been traded before and traditional technical analysis may not always hold true. (It mostly does, but please do not stay married to your position when the market is moving the wrong way, no matter how hard the technicals are screaming at you, because bitcoin)

This holds especially true for the perma-b _ _ _s out there. Technicals should keep you from marrying your position. To be successful at daytrading any market you must have a plan and an exit strategy. "Plan the trade and trade the plan".
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
March 17, 2014, 08:04:38 PM
I'm in, for sporadic discourse.

I'd be a holder, by your definitions, just curious mostly.

If I could offer any advice to the real speculators out there (or "in here") would be to pay close attention to the history of bitcoin, and when price action does not fit conventional technical analysis, be prepared to accept the fact that this is not like anything that has been traded before and traditional technical analysis may not always hold true. (It mostly does, but please do not stay married to your position when the market is moving the wrong way, no matter how hard the technicals are screaming at you, because bitcoin)
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 17, 2014, 07:50:46 PM
Holder (by your classifications)
- Sometimes I buy and immediately sell, sometimes I hold (always hold a little), sometimes I fuck myself lol.  My strategies are based off nothing other than attempting to buy when the numbers are clearly low in a crisis, and selling when the bulls are buying. I occasionally buy when i'm assuming the price is at a daily low and the numbers are going crazy, but that is complete pissing in the wind.           
- I don't have time to study charts all day, but if someone is making right decisions and wants the club members to buy certain coins at certain intervals, sell at certain points, mine certain coins, I'm willing to contribute to the cause...assuming it works.   
- I like the idea of us little guys getting together since there are people with tons of resources that single handled manipulate coins, so fuck them we'll do the same. 
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
March 17, 2014, 06:16:56 PM
I'll offer some input from time to time...

I would like to propose one more category; Teacher. I prefer to help people learn TA/EW/fibo rather than giving out all my secret sauce. (O_o) I hope you understand!

Edit:
I guess this falls under "Speculator"
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
March 17, 2014, 03:57:14 PM
This invitation is to all those who see bitcoin as an income as well as an asset, who want profits when it rains and when it shines, who look at charts multiple times a day, who can value a position based on a concrete set of criteria, and who are willing to share financial strategies and tactics.

Our primary objective is to create enormous personal wealth.  The membership will likely be small, perhaps 100 members within a month, but will steadily grow with proven performance and responsible actions.   If this sounds like something for you -- WELCOME ABOARD.

Please identify yourself by one of the following (you can change it at anytime):  

1) Speculator -  day traders who will share effective btc strategies and tactics, and support club activities, but not expected to make recommendations; these individuals are the core of the club.
2) Prognosticator - day traders who intend on making recommendations, sharing knowledge, and participating in club activities; these individuals are the axis on which the club turns
3) Holder  - those here to learn about day trading and to provide club support
4) Supporter -  those who want to support the club and aspire to day trading.

This thread will be used for all public communications until otherwise determined; te opening post will be amended from time to time to reflect updated club:
 - roster
 - leader board
 - protocol (the way the club chooses to do things)
and
 - benefit

Our main focus is profitable prognostication, members are encouraged to get to know one another with engaging and informative discussions as we ramp up to eventual recommendations. I invite you to discuss your favorite currencies, share situations that you feel may have value to the community, indicate what you expect from the club, and what the club should have on it's 'to do' list.

Club To Do List
Immediate - get to know one another, decide on club name, club motto, finalize protocol for formal recommendations, create protocol for the process of raising an issue for eventual recommendation, and  create voting protocol,
Short term (3 mos) - create logo, election of officers if 100+ members, committees if 200+ members,  
Long term - security, service provider certification,
Ongoing -  to be a beacon for the btc community, design incentives to make day-to-day wealth building fun

You are cordially invited to join The Speculators, for sustainable wealth, ... or ... The Bitcoin Investment Club,  a wealth building network. ...
[all terms, and phrases use often, including club name and motto are up for discussion until voted adopted]

Members
chessnut, 'Jack Of All Trades'
RyNinDaCleM, Teacher/Speculator  
dreamspark, Speculator
stylin, Speculator    
Pente, 99% HODLer, 1% Speculator             
thresher, Holder
shmadz, Holder
Pages:
Jump to: