Pages:
Author

Topic: The Blockchain Could Be Purgatory - page 2. (Read 176 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 103
February 10, 2018, 11:05:56 PM
I woke up this morning thinking about a horrible dystopian future where the government uses blockchain technology to track every transaction a person makes - publicly - forever.
Go take a cup of coffee and remember that governments already have a full access to the bank systen and all transactions. They can already trach and block all pending transactions and even charge bach past ones. All "progressive" countries are switching from cash money to cards for the same purpose. At least blockchain will provide better transparency to their actions.
Activity: 721
Merit: 19
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
February 10, 2018, 10:51:13 PM
What you fear is not something to be afraid of. You do not have to worry about the flow of your funds, as long as you do not commit a crime, and do not corrupt the state money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 122
Hello World!
February 10, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
I woke up this morning thinking about a horrible dystopian future where the government uses blockchain technology to track every transaction a person makes - publicly - forever.

It would be simple for a government to ban anything that isn't their preferred currency (they already do this with fiat).

I have been a strong supporter of cryptocurrency projects, especially DAO projects, that value equality, freedom and decentralization. The blockchain was supposed to free us from the banks, from government surveillance. But what if it ends up becoming a permanent purgatory? A history of everything you've done that never dies. The history will be sitting there for future generations to analyze and judge.

I am scared.
Pages:
Jump to: