Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bter Exchange Cold Wallet return to zero.... - page 2. (Read 5472 times)

Activity: 676
Merit: 500
be wise with your coins, do not store  all your coins on an exchange
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

really.. you lost btc on all of these?  even gaw?  you should not pretend to have any btc anymore.  no one believes you.

Yes its true starting from mtgox . And why you so serious about GAW. The major lose was with gaw. Because of their fucking 20$ promise. And i am not here to collect any charity so who cares anyone believes or not and the people wholost money in all these definitely know what i am feeling :-)

And once more gaw the largest scammers.
tss
Activity: 742
Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

really.. you lost btc on all of these?  even gaw?  you should not pretend to have any btc anymore.  no one believes you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Start an exchange -> get lots of customer deposit -> claim to be hacked -> profit

Bitcoin lost is not in any protection of law, only fiat money, if they could just return the fiat money to users, they will get away leagally

Would be a real embarrassment and a lot of trouble for them if someone wins that 720 BTC bounty and the thief turns out to be BTER themselves.

At that point they would chose to end it , and resort to stealing.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Start an exchange -> get lots of customer deposit -> claim to be hacked -> profit

Bitcoin lost is not in any protection of law, only fiat money, if they could just return the fiat money to users, they will get away leagally
What do you mean by "not in any protection of law"?
In the USA Bitcoin are property, so it is still property theft, isn't it? (not sure about other countries, not even my own ^^ )

Yep. Stealing is stealing. Period  Angry
Activity: 714

What do you mean by "not in any protection of law"?
In the USA Bitcoin are property, so it is still property theft, isn't it? (not sure about other countries, not even my own ^^ )
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!

Would be a real embarrassment and a lot of trouble for them if someone wins that 720 BTC bounty and the thief turns out to be BTER themselves.
legendary

Yep. Sad but true.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Exactly, and while BTER went to the police to report a hacker, we should go to the police and report an inside job theft.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

How the fuck can you lose 7000 bitcoins from a cold storage, and why on earth would you keep all the funds in 1 wallet ? who taught them to do security ?

You can't. Which is why everything points it to be an inside job.

The person who transfers coins between hot and cold storage could've had a trojan on his computer? This would explain why after the normal 100 BTC transfers the actual theft happened.
Activity: 103

tss
Activity: 742
Or someone discovered the private key !

yep.  discovered it in their lock box and decided to move the coin to another place, claim hacked, shutdown, profit.. woo hoo.  send you btc to another exchange you greedy fools.
Activity: 784
Someone said is time for the decentralized exchanges?
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
How is possible to stole btc from cold wallet?

Insider job?
Activity: 61
7k Bitcoin minimum stolen 'by Bter' the shady exchange no one should have trusted  Roll Eyes Huh

wow 7k hacked that is pretty insane im guessing this is why the market dropped so hard today, people expecting dumps.

The various exchanges should start to use the multi-Sig function, an example of wallet that is using multiSing : GreenAddress ( this is their official thread here in the forum : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/greenaddress-open-source-multisig-wallet-service-521988).

I'm very impressive that a lot of exchanges are not using it.

Where I can find a list of exchanges that have already implemented multiSig?
legendary

How the fuck can you lose 7000 bitcoins from a cold storage, and why on earth would you keep all the funds in 1 wallet ? who taught them to do security ?

You can't. Which is why everything points it to be an inside job.

Embezzlement  Angry
Activity: 861
Merit: 1001
Will they be refunding all the stolen bitcoins or will declare bankcruptcy ?

Well, it's nearly 2 million USD that are "supposedly" stolen here.

Last time I checked, they were running 400 BTC daily volumes and had, if my memory serves, 0.5% trading fee
==> 2 BTC/day of turnover on their end to which you have to remove employee salaries, server costs, taxes etc...

Assuming generously that they have a 1 BTC/day net profit, this means 365 BTC per year, at current prices this is not even 100k USD.

Therefore, they will never refund the bitcoins they stole for themselves.

by your statement
it is impossible for them back to bussiness

That's insane.. 7k BTC.. They are out of business for sure and it's probably an inside job. As long as bitcoin will be full of scammers and thieves it will be impossible for it to go mainstream.. BTC need some regulation..
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
sure thing after the last hacked nxt they had to rebuy them for 200btc and it was over 6-8 month ago
this is a little more difficult to regain control, they will pay as paycoin is doing
in 120 years or so is doable.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Will they be refunding all the stolen bitcoins or will declare bankcruptcy ?

Well, it's nearly 2 million USD that are "supposedly" stolen here.

Last time I checked, they were running 400 BTC daily volumes and had, if my memory serves, 0.5% trading fee
==> 2 BTC/day of turnover on their end to which you have to remove employee salaries, server costs, taxes etc...

Assuming generously that they have a 1 BTC/day net profit, this means 365 BTC per year, at current prices this is not even 100k USD.

Therefore, they will never refund the bitcoins they stole for themselves.

by your statement
it is impossible for them back to bussiness
Pages:
Jump to: