Pages:
Author

Topic: The captcha for logging in is impossible. - page 2. (Read 371 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 17, 2020, 01:52:40 PM
I'm now on my regular browser to type this - it was impossible to visit here anonymously.
It can be done, but solving the captchas takes about 5 minutes to register, and another 5 minutes to login. After that you'll most likely have to pay an evil fee before your account can post anything.

But, once you're through, you can get a Captcha bypass code, and from this moment you can login without captcha on Tor.

There is a lot of discussion in the TOR community that captcha is puposely blocking sites that come from TOR IPs.
I've had that problem many times too. But I can imagine many Tor users are actually up to no good. I have no idea if Tor is often used by bots though.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 17, 2020, 01:51:58 PM
We've had quite a few discussions on the forum on this. Unfortunately, without 2FA I think captchas are imperative to try to prevent brute force attempts given the nature of Bitcoin talk accounts.

Tbf, the most annoying part is probably the creation of the account and you can use the log in link after that.
Activity: 6
Merit: 14
September 17, 2020, 01:48:57 PM
Like many others, I am a little leary of big brother knowing where I surf the net.  I've started using TOR browser for all my surfing.  I tried to access an article at this site and because I cam from a TOR IP address I was given the captia to complete.  13 times I tried and each time I was failed.

There is a lot of discussion in the TOR community that captcha is puposely blocking sites that come from TOR IPs.  I'm now on my regular browser to type this - it was impossible to visit here anonymously.

In time, a lot of folks will just pass over sites that they can't access without someone looking over their shoulder.

suggest you find new way to block unwanted bots without disqualifying real people who just want privacy
Pages:
Jump to: