Pages:
Author

Topic: The Clock is Ticking - Will there be a Government shutdown and how to prepare? - page 2. (Read 1664 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
I don't understand this ObamaCare thing, is it good or not? Will it bring health costs down? Will more people have access to health-care?
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
I don't think there will be a gov shutdown or anarchy any time soon in the USA.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
I personally am looking forward to complete anarchy. Might drive up the price of Bitcoin and increase the value of my Jally.

More to the point, the complete failure of electricity and infrastructure nationwide will shut down most of the weak miners, thus preventing difficulty from going up. Likewise deterioration of roads, lack of air traffic control, and the shutdown of all postal systems will prevent more ASICs from getting to people, thus boosting my little Jally's output. Heck, difficulty might even go down, which means more bitcoin for me.

C
(Why yes, I can run my JP and internet link on solar power :-)
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
The only thing needed is the police and judicial system. The rest of government could remain shutdown indefinitely. The economy would really grow fast without a vast bureaucratic cancerous lymphoma suffocating it.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
October 1st is right around the corner and there is still no consensus in Congress.

Personally, although I'm against the affordable care act, I don't agree with the method that is being used by House Republicans of "hijacking" the vote.

Will there be a government shutdown and do you want it to happen?

Should preparations be made in any way if worst comes to worst?

Will the post office still deliver mail?
Pages:
Jump to: