Pages:
Author

Topic: THE CRYPTO-CURRENCY [New Yorker Magazine Article] - page 2. (Read 5110 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Thanks for the heads-up on this forum.  It was good enough news to provoke me into gobbling up some more BTC.

As much as I advocate Bitcoin, I really don't think you should be eating it =/
legendary
Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276
Thanks for the heads-up on this forum.  It was good enough news to provoke me into gobbling up some more BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The New Yorker article is big news for us in several respects.

First of all, for those of you who have hoped some extremely wealthy individuals would invest even a small fraction of the wealth they manage in the bitcoin economy for fun, that will happen in the wake of this article or never.  New Yorker has successfully targeted the wealthiest demographic in New York for decades.  It is riddled with ads for financial management companies, villas for rent in Italy and Spain, Tiffany jewelry, etc.  The article may not be on the internet, but I guarantee you that as of this evening it will be sitting on every single coffee table along Fifth Avenue and Central Park West.

Second of all, it is one of the most prestigious gigs for journalists, and all of their articles are top-notch.  This one is no exception – it explains Bitcoin beautifully, and is *very* engaging and positive.

But most significantly, I am convinced that the investigative journalist who wrote it, Joshua Davis, has successfully identified Satoshi!  You heard it here first: Michael Clear.

This article is absolutely worth six bucks to read, could even be a catalyst for a new bubble, or better, could win over someone powerful enough to move the commercial acceptance of bitcoin forward in a very significant way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's all about the game, and how you play it
someone could at least post some relevant excertps here as long as it's not the whole artile and you make mention of the original source
Activity: 350
I might even say it's worth it if you enjoy reading about bitcoins. It's covers all the basics without bias imo and the best article I've read covering bitcoin by media. I espcially enjoyed reading about Satoshi investigation and the quote "Bitcoin will survive a nuclear attack".  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Everyone should read this, I enjoyed it.

Litt, we can't, it's subscriber content... if you posted your user/pass we could read it Tongue (jk)
Activity: 350
Everyone should read this, I enjoyed it.
Activity: 294
If someone wants to post a copy of this up on Ubitio.us or BitcoinService.co.uk, I'd pay a fraction of a bitcoin to read it...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Finally some good press, nice article.
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Seems like it may be an entertaining read but I'm not a subscriber. Does anyone know of somewhere to read this without being one?

Nobody subscribes to the New Yorker. They are just given out freely to be placed in dentist and doctor waiting rooms.
Sounds about right but not in my area. I'm not paying $6 to read one article... oh well. C'est la vie.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Seems like it may be an entertaining read but I'm not a subscriber. Does anyone know of somewhere to read this without being one?

Nobody subscribes to the New Yorker. They are just given out freely to be placed in dentist and doctor waiting rooms.
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
+1 Great stuff  Grin
Activity: 396
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
Pages:
Jump to: