Pages:
Author

Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs - page 103. (Read 148726 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I think the 3AM EST launch time is going to have to be changed to something more realistic Cheesy
Activity: 224
My mate who's a DJ and sound designer or something will love this.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
can you please upload pwd protected wallets somewhere? so we could have them already on launch
Activity: 196
Cool music and interesting project. How I can help you write next song? Simply mine? Tell us.
Activity: 82
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Sounds interesting.  How will it help someone who actually wants to sell their music or mixes (not interested in playing live)?  If the Cypherfunks stuff is to be  "reproduced, reproduced, shared, reshared, sampled, resampled in all forms and manner" then this seems to indicate the music is completely free.  Or would there be some limitations to sampling or something so that unique creations can be sellable?

If it is released under proper creative commons licencing (which should be the default for any of the songs under "The Cypherfunks"), then anyone will be to freely do with the music whatever they want (including selling it). The cryptocurrency part of the collective means that it doesn't actually matter if someone does this for their own personal gain, because if more people get involved with "The Cypherfunks", the more valuable everyone's FUNK becomes. In this case, releasing it for free is anyway better as it means the footprint of "The Cypherfunks" increases.

I think the idea of an open source band is amazing.

People all over the world will be like 'I saw the Cypherfunks play live last night,' but none of them will be talking about a band made up of the same people!

Imagine how flooded YouTube is going to be with music by the Cypherfunks (because anyone can use the name)!

Sounds chaotic, confusing, and wonderful. The cryptocurrency would be like icing on the cake.

Nailed it! With each new song that gets released, the bigger and more entrenched the network becomes. And as you say, it's going to be a wonderfully chaotic experiment! Already have more songs lined up. The band's been working hard.

I'm prepping everything for launch today (updating all the seed nodes and wallets to correct versions). Will try and get an IRC channel also going before launch.

Then tomorrow morning, it's all just about generating the genesis blocks and uploading the wallets! Let the #FUNK begin.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Like the indie spirit.... see you at launch
I think the idea of an open source band is amazing.

People all over the world will be like 'I saw the Cypherfunks play live last night,' but none of them will be talking about a band made up of the same people!

Imagine how flooded YouTube is going to be with music by the Cypherfunks (because anyone can use the name)!

Sounds chaotic, confusing, and wonderful. The cryptocurrency would be like icing on the cake.
Activity: 41
seems interesting, gonna be definitely mining this coin  Cool
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
Sounds interesting.  How will it help someone who actually wants to sell their music or mixes (not interested in playing live)?  If the Cypherfunks stuff is to be  "reproduced, reproduced, shared, reshared, sampled, resampled in all forms and manner" then this seems to indicate the music is completely free.  Or would there be some limitations to sampling or something so that unique creations can be sellable?
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Hello Cypherfunks! You have a nice idea here guys.

A few suggestions:
- Make it a N-factor scrypt (ASIC resistant). This will attract more people and keep the ASICS out (this is really important).
- Why not promoting it as a decentralized currency for digital distribution of music. This way the musicians can benefit from the crypto-currency revolution directly. FUNKS can be used to promote, sponsor, advertise .etc the new artists
- In general you could make it about all the bedroom producers and garage acts not only your band Smiley and assist the music community to become decentralized too. 

Again a great idea ! 

It's important to note that "The Cypherfunks" is not MY band. Everyone IS the band. Just like cryptocurrencies allow free reign to affiliation, so will "The Cypherfunks": but for music. Also, you don't have to release music under "The Cypherfunks" to reap benefits from it, just like musicians currently ask for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin donations. Smiley

Finally, a true community launch with no pre-mine! Bravo!
Activity: 22
Hello Cypherfunks! You have a nice idea here guys.

A few suggestions:
- Make it a N-factor scrypt (ASIC resistant). This will attract more people and keep the ASICS out (this is really important).
- Why not promoting it as a decentralized currency for digital distribution of music. This way the musicians can benefit from the crypto-currency revolution directly. FUNKS can be used to promote, sponsor, advertise .etc the new artists
- In general you could make it about all the bedroom producers and garage acts not only your band Smiley and assist the music community to become decentralized too. 

Again a great idea ! 
Activity: 82
Activity: 428
Merit: 252
Definitely Interesting Smiley
Activity: 89
Great and interesting idea! I'll be mining come the 21st Feb!
Activity: 96
Interesting take on the alt coin, added to Cryptocoins Calendar good luck with the release.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Sounds interesting  Cheesy
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
watching/listening  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: